Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:47:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most secure OS  (Read 325 times)
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 05:28:13 PM

Which OS is the most secure when I want to use a crypto-wallet and make transactions? I heard that Ubuntu, is it right? Smiley

ubuntu? No way.
Ubuntu is one of User friendly distributions have a good community and good support behind it but not known as safe or privacy focus distro at all.
It had many security problems during years.
Even there was scandals for Ubuntu . last one i know was "Ubuntu Spyware".
Mint could be a good choice for anyone new to this area to learn what gnu/linux is.
Among  the security focus distros the best choice could be tails as NeuroticFish mentioned above. has electrum wallet by default.
You can read more here.(https://tails.boum.org/) its just live distro and not recomended for newcomers.
And check all distros popularity here. (https://distrowatch.com)

Offcourse, an end user can make the best designed OS vulnerable, or the worst designed OS secure

Its not true. you could not,Can not, and will not be able to Secure windows Ever.

I'm not going to start a pointless discussion, but I wholeheartly believe there is no 100% secure os. Even the os you recommended has had vulnerabilitys at some point.

As you might have noticed from the part of my post you didn't quote, I'm not a Microsoft fanboy either. As a matter of fact, I maintain Linux servers as my daytime job. I still stand by my earlyer statement... For example: I'd rather run a tool on a windows server that has been maintained by a skilled windows sysadmin that had enough time and funding to do and maintain a proper setup compared to running a binary on a Linux box that has been installed and used by a newbie that made a lot of mistakes (like running everything as root, installing unknown binaries, not updating, no firewall,...)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
khatarnak

Activity: 125
Merit: 3

Karma is like 69 : You get what you give

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:33:23 PM

I'm not going to start a pointless discussion,

I'm not interested too.
we are just talking Smiley

but I wholeheartly believe there is no 100% secure os.

100% security does not exist at all.
But when we are talking about Security/Privacy OS it means it is safe and stable by default.
This is clear enduser could make it unstable easily.
The thing i like about tails is about its Documentation.(realy honest about privacy and security tools and concepts)

Even the os you recommended has had vulnerabilitys at some point.

Which one do you mean? mint probably.
First of all i never said mint or any OS does not have vulnerabilities .
Every OS could have vulnerabilities in some period of time.(And will be resolved by updates)
But there is difference ‌Between vulnerability vs Backdoor or Spyware , ...

As you might have noticed from the part of my post you didn't quote, I'm not a Microsoft fanboy either.
What you said (and i quoted) was Wrong conclusion .  I mentioned Microsoft windows for example.

Main rule on this forum  { if something is too good to be true, it is }
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: