Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 07:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 STOLEN Kialaras - Please keep an eye out  (Read 514 times)
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3352

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 04:14:27 PM

One app I use is Bitcoin Address Watcher.

I have all my loaded btc public addresses on it and if any changes take place I get an alert right away.

Edit..it seems the app I suggested is no longer available on playstore..but there is wallet watcher as a good alternative. Not sure if it has an alarm feature though

This app sounds really interesting. I did a quick search but did not find any info about it. - Is it secure to use or do they submit the pub key data to their servers or something like that?
What I am wondering is the following: if someone gets hold of your pub key collection he has a full view of your (BTC) finances, right? So in order to make this a secure app it would need some pw protection and also guarantee that no data is kept outside your local device.

/Sorry for ot, but maybe this info is interesting to some, otherwise we can continue the chat via dm, if OP preferes that.

Yes they stopped listing it on Google playstore no idea why. This is what I found on a google search

Add a Bitcoin address and get notifications whenever transactions happen. You can add as many addresses as you want, both "normal" and "pay to script hash" (P2SH) addresses are supported. No private key required. Bitcoin Address Watcher was tested and optimised for low battery and network usage.

No idea about its privacy as far as the questions you ask. They are good. But it does not mean what I am following belongs to me. I can be following any public address just for the sake of following it.
  There other out there besides this one btw.

I have also asked a forum member who is a great programmer to perhaps come up his own app that can do the same.

It is great to have especially when you can set it to give you an alert that there has been btc movement in a public address you are following.

It wont be the greatest alarm you ever wanna hear trust me! Its with dread when you see it come up as you know that something is not right!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
mortare

Activity: 769
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 06:10:53 AM

Damm, Sorry to hear, will also keep an eye out  Angry

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 01:48:46 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 09:25:26 PM by TECSHARE
Merited by BitcoinNewsMagazine (1), BG4 (1)

This may not be a popular suggestion, but IMO it is one of the few likely to work. You COULD just continue to maximize legal pressure, getting the word out, scouring eBay, Craigslist, etc, or you could offer a no questions asked reward for them.

You said these items have sentimental value to you, IMO this is the most likely course of action to produce results. Of course no one enjoys incentivizing criminal activity by basically paying a ransom, but if you take a moment to look at it from the perspective of the thief/thieves it makes the most sense.

Having been involved in Bitcoin for a while I have had to learn to analyze people and their intent as a matter of survival. In this time I have learned these people are usually pretty predictable with predictable motivations and fears.

If it is in fact not a targeted attack as you say, these people probably know very little about what they have and will be going based only on common media conceptions of Bitcoin. This means they likely will be afraid to sell them knowing how technologically advanced it is and how little they know about it.

If they do manage to find out exactly what it is, they will know it will be easy to trace. That means they might break out any valuable metals that may be in them and try to spend the Bitcoin. Obviously you don't want this so...

My suggestion is to offer a reward for their no questions asked return and publish it locally. I would offer 2 tiers of rewards, an individual one for each and one for the bundle as a whole (with a bit more). This way if they no longer have some they still have motivations to return the rest.

How you arrange the circumstances of return obviously will be the difficult part. You are just going to have to hope they trust you will follow thru. Again though, this is in comparison to the probable alternative of them sitting on them for a long time and/or the value being worth much less via destruction or fencing.

Again, I know this isn't the most perfect solution, but IMO is the solution MOST LIKELY to see their return in this shitty situation. Good luck with their return.

EDIT: P.S. if you do decide to do this, don't wait too long. Every day that passes means you are less likely to see them back. Again, good luck.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: