Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain Gaming and It's Future  (Read 59459 times)
Friorianf (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:54:29 PM

Hey there!
Lately i have been on a lookout for blockchain games, which i think is quite a hot topic now.

There are some where the whole gameplay is looking at the picture of a token you mined, and on the other hand - games with actual gameplay, for what it's worth.
Besides obvious Cryptokitties, i've assembled a list of games that took my attention:

1) CryptoSpaceX - beautiful space-themed project, they released Ep.1 i think, but i haven't looked at it much since July, so i might be wrong.

2) Ethercraft - you could say it's a roguelike-ish kind of game? Nice pixel graphics, live market.

3) CryptoSaga - for those of you, who loved jRPG's, here's a cool one. Animations is decent, have potential.

4) Ether Kingdoms - cute red\blue dorks mine themselves, and then go to battles to die. Very good art, and gameplay is decent too.

5) EtherRock - i wanted to include that one, because the idea is just funny. It reminds me of infamous potato salad kickstarter, in regards of effort, but those rocks are selling still.

6) Angel Battles - PvP oriented game, as far as i figured, very nice art, in my opinion, but the breeding part (regarding Angels) got me surprised a little bit there.

7) CryptoFights - 3D graphics aren't something to write home about, but gameplay seems interesting. PvP is my jam.

So, that's not at all everything that i laid my eyes upon, but those are prime examples i'd say, at least for me. I do, of course, enjoy interaction with another people in MMO games,
so my favorits are a little bit biased: numbers 1, 4, 6, 7. What are your opinions on future of blockchain gaming? If You have some games you've already tried, share your experience.
I'd like to add to list of things something new to look at, maybe even invest, as i strongly believe, that blockchain gaming possibilities are almost limitless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oneblagobl

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:59:35 AM

Well, I decided to try the CryptoFights project, because everyone is discussing it so vigorously. I lost about 2-3 weeks there, and here is my opinion if someone does not like it, or do you think that it was "bought" - what did you forget at this forum?)

1. Convenient functional of the game, it's all lucidly told: how to earn, how to sell, how to win in battles.

2. Good graphics, of course, this is not GTA 5, Metro Exodus, but, for 2018 - very good graphics.

3. An ineffective system of fights (a fight between player 1 and player 2), knock out armor, weapons, sell them, give cuffs to other players, or they to you. I like it very much.

4. As for the administration of the project, initially, I thought that they did not communicate with the players, and they simply did not care. But when I had a conflict with the account - I almost lost it, through my fault (ps never trust friends from the Internet) - the administration of the project helped me to restore it, really, it was very nice.

5. Well, and lastly, a pleasant fact - their token is sold very actively, believe me. So, if you came to make money, I think you'll like it Smiley

There were, of course, in the project and small bugs, but they are actively corrected over time. This is my personal opinion, there are tons of stupid projects that try to suck out money from you and everything, right there, not right.

All good Roll Eyes
Friorianf (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:25:52 PM

Yeah, game looks pretty cool. It reminded me of old-school browser fighting games, where you lvlup, buy gear and kill all kinds of monsters, then fight players.
nastyagav

Activity: 392
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:33:26 PM

My critical opinion about the EtherCraft project (this is the 8-bit RPG Game)

It is divided into three independent sections:

1. items - here you can get, buy and sell a variety of accessories;

2. Refining - here you can improve items on a certain technology to sell them more expensive;

3. Video game - the main section in which each user will receive a character and be able to play them, discover objects and kill enemies.

The project was released too early, many bugs, itself a boring, really boring game.

To whom is the interesting 8-bit theme?
Everyone?
Count how many already have 8-bit games.
Piece 5, the minimum.
From this there is nothing interesting, it is so difficult to create something modern?

You know, I was still enraged - the concept of the game is completely incomprehensible. There will be a video game, and that, you will fight with yourself.
Need a fighting 1 on 1.

The only plus that I liked - there is a translation into Korean and Japanese.

Respect you, the developers.
It's ironic, is not it? Roll Eyes
bivaetjetakoe

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:13:51 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2018, 11:27:55 AM by bivaetjetakoe

Everyone expresses their opinion on these or other projects, I would like to tell you about the project of Ether Kingdoms. I will be honest in my words, every fact that I have written, you can personally check. Kiss

I'll take the style of decoration in a person, higher than me.

A little information from the Internet, in occasion of this project. I'm too lazy to describe it myself, they do not pay me for it, ahah.

Ether Kingdoms - the first game with the crypto currency game Free-2-Play with Proof Of Stake mining. Unlike other alternatives, Ether Kingdoms offers its players intelligent visualization, full gameplay and is based on its own PoS marketplace called Imps.

Is it possible to make money on this project, and how? (Too information from the Internet)

Imps are both tokens in the game, as well as key characters that earn real money to players. Players can earn significant rewards for mining (up to 1% per day). To get to 1%, players will need to send the maximum number (10,000) of imps to the mine. To achieve this, players get a kind of main gaming site that guarantees them a constant profit.

Now you understand what the project looks like, right?
My facts about the project for three months of the game.

1. I liked the fact that imps tokens can be obtained for FREE in 3 ways:

|. Airdrop distribution of tokens
||. Mine in the mine
|||. Join the project telegrams - get 10 tokens
||||. Buy on the crypto-exchange.

Conclusion: I can proudly tell you that this is the FIRST free game.

2. In the game an interesting quest program, they are also airdrops, for which you receive boxes with imps or artifacts.

3. Unlike other projects, in this game, there is a full-fledged gameplay, not, and not just a collection / sale of something.

4. As you know, on other projects people pay commissions for any action on the detachment, right there, there is no such thing. You pay interest only when you take the money to your purse.

5. The game has a lot of gear for its imps, weapons, etc., really, it's fun to do it, even if you do not know what bitcoin is, but just came to earn money and have fun killing time.

6. There are a lot of discussions of this project in the thread on the forum (bitcointolk), and all people are happy. I hope that in the future the interest to the project will remain the same, and then anything can happen Smiley

You know that there is more if you do not have enough: there are clans, locations, for joint passage with friends, global bosses. Shocked
Friorianf (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:52:03 PM

Yeah, I really enjoyed ether kingdoms in aesthetic sense too. You can see, devs put up quite a work there. And it really sucks you in, once you start doing battles and stuff, especially with cool items (they desined very nicely). Got my first ETH there not long ago, btw.
almiani

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:03:46 PM

actually it will be easier if some famous gaming developers work together or create their own blockhain-based platforms, because it will be quite difficult for new developers because the games they offer are difficult for users

Friorianf (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:40:28 PM

actually it will be easier if some famous gaming developers work together or create their own blockhain-based platforms, because it will be quite difficult for new developers because the games they offer are difficult for users
In what sense you mean they are hard? I'm partially agreed with you, but all the projects are differnt in their learning curve, really, so, all you need to know, mostly, is how to work with blockchain itself. Most of games' whitepapers i saw, provide guides for even those people, who didn't wet their toes in blockchain at all.
Britva2018

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:02:32 PM

Hey there!
Lately i have been on a lookout for blockchain games, which i think is quite a hot topic now.

There are some where the whole gameplay is looking at the picture of a token you mined, and on the other hand - games with actual gameplay, for what it's worth.
Besides obvious Cryptokitties, i've assembled a list of games that took my attention:

1) CryptoSpaceX - beautiful space-themed project, they released Ep.1 i think, but i haven't looked at it much since July, so i might be wrong.

2) Ethercraft - you could say it's a roguelike-ish kind of game? Nice pixel graphics, live market.

3) CryptoSaga - for those of you, who loved jRPG's, here's a cool one. Animations is decent, have potential.

4) Ether Kingdoms - cute red\blue dorks mine themselves, and then go to battles to die. Very good art, and gameplay is decent too.

5) EtherRock - i wanted to include that one, because the idea is just funny. It reminds me of infamous potato salad kickstarter, in regards of effort, but those rocks are selling still.

6) Angel Battles - PvP oriented game, as far as i figured, very nice art, in my opinion, but the breeding part (regarding Angels) got me surprised a little bit there.

7) CryptoFights - 3D graphics aren't something to write home about, but gameplay seems interesting. PvP is my jam.

So, that's not at all everything that i laid my eyes upon, but those are prime examples i'd say, at least for me. I do, of course, enjoy interaction with another people in MMO games,
so my favorits are a little bit biased: numbers 1, 4, 6, 7. What are your opinions on future of blockchain gaming? If You have some games you've already tried, share your experience.
I'd like to add to list of things something new to look at, maybe even invest, as i strongly believe, that blockchain gaming possibilities are almost limitless.
Hi all, be sure to watch the game from your list and then write here my opinion that I think. And so I'm very interested in the game. I play in the World of Warships and if for every sunken ship were given coins, the uuuuhhhhh game would be hotter and the players would serious fit to the fights!!!
I have 55 ships. Good luck!!!

▐ █ ▌          R E P U B L I A          ▐ █ ▌
Leading-Edge Ecosystem & Technology
P R E - S A L E   :   August 23rd - September 23rd[/center
BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:22:02 PM

Recently, the number of projects related to games has increased, but I do not think that in the future they will be very necessary.

Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:27:51 PM

I like very this projects,crypto in games is awesome idea!My favorite modes is pvp,roleplay,nice to see if they have realy sucessful in this projects.Blockchain gaming industry is growing fast i think becose many peoples thinking and get involved in gaming industry,its fun and great adrenaline if u get in chempionship!

hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 09:19:43 PM

I've always found blockchain games quite complicated, but if you learn to play, it's interesting.
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:50:23 PM

Though I used to love playing games a lot when I was young but as I'm growing older, the passion for gaming has been decreasing in me. I've heard of blockchain gaming many times in cryptos and I think it's an interesting and innovative concept but I'v not really done any research on it.
Jimbable

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:17:06 PM

I actually tried some of the games from OP, and i can say, that, if the trend goes the way it goes now (which is rapid developing of aforementioned games), we can see a full scaled MMO-games in near future. I'm really hyped about that!
Friorianf (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:29:54 PM

I actually tried some of the games from OP, and i can say, that, if the trend goes the way it goes now (which is rapid developing of aforementioned games), we can see a full scaled MMO-games in near future. I'm really hyped about that!

Yes! And the trend does have positive developments: there was a convention is Singapour, where dapp_com presented some GOOD gaming projects.
https://twitter.com/dapp_com/status/1042812683681116161
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:33:25 PM

I think everyone might like the game, but for Blockchain development for gaming projects it might be too early, for now, this is because related regulations from the government for cryptocurrency have not received a positive thing for buying and selling. if in the future cryptocurrencies had been approved as a medium of exchange, then, of course, the game base would have been more brilliant
Jimbable

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:46:54 PM

Yes! And the trend does have positive developments: there was a convention is Singapour, where dapp_com presented some GOOD gaming projects.
https://twitter.com/dapp_com/status/1042812683681116161
Wow! That's really impressive!
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 05:49:26 PM

Blockchain gaming is not something that is being talked about at every step now and at the moment it is not a priority in the development of technology, but in the future such projects as Xaya (Chimaera) can revolutionize the gaming industry and bring it to a completely different level .
Jimbable

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:06:06 PM

Blockchain gaming is not something that is being talked about at every step now and at the moment it is not a priority in the development of technology, but in the future such projects as Xaya (Chimaera) can revolutionize the gaming industry and bring it to a completely different level .

Yes, i know, and i think that's why it's a field full of possibilities (of scam too, but let's not bring sad subjects up). All we had for a long time is collectible "games", but now there is plenty of blockchain projects with full pledged gameplay, that develop really fast!
Btw that Xaya look goddamn impressive!
NotoriousHodler

Activity: 175

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:31:57 PM
Merited by Jimbable (1)

I've invested a bit into one game, got a epic item from a chest, sold it for 2 ETH. Did i really enjoyed the actual gameplay? Can't say. I did actually enjoy newfound profits. So i'm really sure, that there is a future for such projects.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: