Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:18:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You think we're deviating from bitcoin's philosophy?  (Read 928 times)
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:08:02 PM

The main thing is that bitcoin is actively used. Yes, now it is a very profitable investment, but I am sure that its success as a currency will definitely come to him, just a little later.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:13:37 PM

I think we are deviating from bitcoins philosophy of serving as a peer to peer transfer of money across the internet to something different, to be precise, quick money back investment schemes and promising of unrealistic profit from greedy people that is conveying different thing bitcoins was meant to be.

cetald

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 01:31:49 PM

Haven’t people thought that we are deviating a little from what bitcoin intended to be? just need to see the first pages of the forum to realize that the discussions focused more on “which crypto will generate more money in X amount of time” or “it is good to invest Y amount of money in Z currency”. Of course, I do not think this is bad, because, in the end, investors and adoption for different reasons benefit bitcoin, but I think we are moving a bit away in the goal that Satoshi had when he put his words in the bitcoin whitepaper, and how do not do it? if is so easy to get lost in the FUD, FOMO, and a cloud of thoughts, at least once a week I have to read the bitcoin whitepaper to try to not lose the way.

Maybe I’m just exaggerating but I’ll love to hear your opinions.

Bitcoin does not deviate from its path. He just has such a period of development. To use bitcoin as a means of payment, it must be less volatile. However, he now behaves quite steadily. I hope this will continue. The only problem is that many expect bitcoin growth rather than developing it as a means of payment.

Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:36:07 PM

yes, the crypto world is a trade, investment, strategy, holding, buying, and selling, and in the future crypto will be a legal transaction tool.

if you are FOMO or panic, then you should often read a bitcoin guidebook, because bitcoin is the parent of crypto.

then, you can also join the crypto community to get the knowledge that will eliminate FOMO and your panic.

The_Tick

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:22:25 PM

I don't think it has deviated from its original purpose, even if people seem to only recognize its potential for profit.
I believe bitcoin and other methods of decentralization  are meant to give people more freedom, and financial freedom also fits the bill.

Associating something with extraordinary profit a great strategy to get people attracted to something and grow its use.
The next step is to use the same technology that made bitcoin possible, blockchain, to redesign society to allow for freedom in all its forms, not just financial.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

The result of satoshi's vision is to gain worldwide acceptance of his decentralised currency. However there wont be much interest unless there is huge profits involved. I'd say it is working so far
It was never considered to be something to give "huge profits". That came as a secondary usefulness for people who were early investors. This would not have happened if bitcoin was not created in the way it was by Satoshi. Though I feel he knew that deflation would gradually cause the price to rise and not stay stagnant. Still the high profit of crypto did make it a modus operandi for luring victims and scamming them by malicious individuals.

I think we are deviating from bitcoins philosophy of serving as a peer to peer transfer of money across the internet to something different, to be precise, quick money back investment schemes and promising of unrealistic profit from greedy people that is conveying different thing bitcoins was meant to be.
That is a ponzi scheme or a HYIP/MLM at its best. No such investment scheme gives such high profits in short time without getting scammed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ixtreme1gaming

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:06:31 PM

The best thing about cryptocurrencies is that they use cold, hard math and cryptography to replace human "trust" as a part of the relative "intrinsic" value of cryptocurrency. And we all know that humans generally cannot be trusted. But cold, hard math and cryptography CAN be trusted.
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:56:25 PM

I don't think it has deviated from its original purpose, even if people seem to only recognize its potential for profit.
I believe bitcoin and other methods of decentralization  are meant to give people more freedom, and financial freedom also fits the bill.

Associating something with extraordinary profit a great strategy to get people attracted to something and grow its use.
The next step is to use the same technology that made bitcoin possible, blockchain, to redesign society to allow for freedom in all its forms, not just financial.

The extraordinary profit of Bitcoin in early 2018 attracted a huge number of people to the crypto market, making many poor. Many of them didn't even understand what kind of technology it was and why they were unlucky. Therefore, I think everyone should understand the technology before investing money.
Blocktopian88

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:59:05 PM
Merited by krishnapramod (1)

God knows if we are building it while destroying it, or we are destroying it while marking it perfect.
kabum21 (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:33:19 AM

The extraordinary profit of Bitcoin in early 2018 attracted a huge number of people to the crypto market, making many poor. Many of them didn't even understand what kind of technology it was and why they were unlucky. Therefore, I think everyone should understand the technology before investing money.

Yeah, that's my opinion as well, luckily information is spreading around more than ever, and we have tons of youtube tutorials/blogs and even this forum to learn what we want to know about the blockchain and cryptos, sadly people always is gonna fall for the greed trap, but I hope that they have learned their lesson by now.
becak mesin

Activity: 163

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:28:50 AM

"but I think we are moving a bit away in the goal that Satoshi had when he put his words in the bitcoin whitepaper,"

I am little bit confuse about that word above, I don't catch the point of that. Can you explain clearly or specifically about that words?
In what way we are deviating the philosophy of Bitcoin.

I never think that people are not deviating the philosophy of Bitcoin because Crypto currency is freedom. It is a new ways of getting and earning more profit. Associating of money industry and technology improvement is done in crypto currency. People are free to mean and define about crypto currency because it is now becoming a speculation or even investment. It is difficult to deal with both terms to define Bitcoin.

Crypto-Court
Universal Cryptocurrency Platform
https://cryptocourt.online/
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:39:17 AM

Maybe because the supply is very limited and it's hard to generate more because of the company mining it, and everyone puts value on it and everybody wants to acquire compared to dollar where you can resupply, you can only do this if you will fork Bitcoin and many coins are forked of Bitcoin but they are not gaining support enough to topple Bitcoin.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Minhxx

Activity: 412
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 07:49:33 AM

I think the market is still growing although not as anticipated but I believe this is a stepping stone for us and it will remove the weak ones.

[
⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣     ComboNetwork.io     ⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
passeroutpass

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:24:45 AM

The pursuit of money has long been the main goal for most people. The fact is that at present this is happening in almost all spheres of activity. Capitalism is actively promoted and therefore actively developed.
beami

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:31:01 AM

Haven’t people thought that we are deviating a little from what bitcoin intended to be? just need to see the first pages of the forum to realize that the discussions focused more on “which crypto will generate more money in X amount of time” or “it is good to invest Y amount of money in Z currency”. Of course, I do not think this is bad, because, in the end, investors and adoption for different reasons benefit bitcoin, but I think we are moving a bit away in the goal that Satoshi had when he put his words in the bitcoin whitepaper, and how do not do it? if is so easy to get lost in the FUD, FOMO, and a cloud of thoughts, at least once a week I have to read the bitcoin whitepaper to try to not lose the way.

Maybe I’m just exaggerating but I’ll love to hear your opinions.

Bitcoin does not deviate from its path. He just has such a period of development. To use bitcoin as a means of payment, it must be less volatile. However, he now behaves quite steadily. I hope this will continue. The only problem is that many expect bitcoin growth rather than developing it as a means of payment.

That's right, most do want bitcoin to be more developed and have a function that is always alive. Bitcoin is one technology that will continue to grow and have more benefits than that. In a long time, bitcoin will continue to move, having more value than we think.

Nicholson55

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:36:34 AM

Yes, probably in some ways we are but it is also evolving... and with evolution and growth comes change, which can also mean to the philosophy. Now, I am not agreeing with the change and still believe education is the key to a good investor but some disagree I know
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 08:12:40 AM

God knows if we are building it while destroying it, or we are destroying it while marking it perfect.
Stop posting bullshit generic posts, idiotic shitposter.

I think the market is still growing although not as anticipated but I believe this is a stepping stone for us and it will remove the weak ones.
Thats true for every market and everyday that trading happens. Its not what is important in the vision of bitcoin. Weak hands will lose their money and if governments scare people away from it, they will sell off their coins. Its not much of a big deal.

The pursuit of money has long been the main goal for most people. The fact is that at present this is happening in almost all spheres of activity. Capitalism is actively promoted and therefore actively developed.
Bitcoin was made in an anticapitalist ideology. I dont know how far this was actually successful, because the capitalists are also the biggest brains and the biggest receptors of change. They will themselves  buy bitcoin from their cash and thus take part in crypto.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
goldSkylark

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:02:46 AM

Yes, probably in some ways we are but it is also evolving... and with evolution and growth comes change, which can also mean to the philosophy. Now, I am not agreeing with the change and still believe education is the key to a good investor but some disagree I know

I agree that bitcoin and the concept of cryptocurrency is evolving. How can it remain stagnant when society is at a stage of learning it, embracing it and discovering its many benefits and uses? Sure, others get sidetracked with profit possibilities, but perhaps the technology could speak for itself? Once we’re fed up with the traditional banking system, for sure everyone will be clamoring for crypto. Do you agree?
James_Cline

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 01:24:05 AM

I agree with the others. Bitcoin is still evolving. Are we deviating from its philosophy? Possible. Especially now that there's a focus on it as an investment. But since it is a process, hopefully, we will get to where we need to be --and that is a safe and secure place where we can effortlessly be a cashless society led by a fully functioning digital currency.
kabum21 (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:24:51 PM

I think we are putting a lot of confidence in the common citizen, remember that there are many companies and whales that manipulate the market behind the scenes, what I fear is that powerful whales behind bitcoin, never let it stabilize and it became always a currency that is used for speculation, something that would be really regrettable for such a promising technology.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: