Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:30:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin business opportunity  (Read 6137 times)
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 04:13:06 PM

I want to start a fully automated upscale bitcoin restaurant. I found out that on Center St. in Cumberland, MD, an upscale restaurant is being foreclosed on. This isn't publically known yet. The restaurant estimated price is around $175,000. Since Cumberland is an economically depressed town, I can probably get it a bit cheaper. I want to buy the restaurant and convert it to be entirely automated. If possible, I would keep the menu at the same high class, but the food preparation will be done by robots and automated machines, and instead of waters, dishes can be delivered by conveyor belt systems. Since the town is mostly inhabited by retirees at this point, this will be great because I won't have isues looking for young people wlling to work as waiters, and the older folks won't have to worry about dealing with annoying teenagers. The restaurant will also accept Bitcoin, and will be bitcoin themed to promote bitcoin, with things like bitcoin logos on plates and on decorations on the walls.
The cost of the restaurant, as mentioned, will be around $175,000. I will the need another $25,000 to develop and test the robots, and another aproximately $100,000 to actually build and intall them, and maybe $50,000 for start up costs such as licenses and operating funds, for a total of $350,000. I am looking for donations to collect enough money to start this. These donations will be considered 0% loans until I save enough money to start this, and until the restaurant starts generating revenue. After that, these loans will be converted into investments, and will pay out 5% return, which is much higher than you can get from putting your money into a bank savings account.
I think I would be great for this, and you can trust me. I have been on this forum for many months. I have a high school diploma, and I've taken many community college classes, including some on management. When I was in high school, I built a lot of robots and machines out of pneumatic components and various materals, including legos. I did this at home as a hobby, and as part of a team in my high school class. I also helped run a finance business in SL, and managed some people when I worked at McDonald's, so I know what it takes to run a restaurant. I also know a lot about mortgages and can calculate interests and payments, so I know what it wuld take to finance a project like this.
If you are interested in investing, please post here and let me know, and I'll contact you directly to give you an addres to send money to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 04:19:05 PM

lol

This sounds like the physical equivalent of solidcoin Smiley

Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 04:21:49 PM

lol

This sounds like the physical equivalent of solidcoin Smiley

I can take solidcoin too if someone helps explain how to use them
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 04:24:38 PM

Genuine question:  Isn't starting a Bitcoin business in an 'economically depressed' area full of 'retirees (old people)' kinda counter-intuitive?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Giraffe.BTC

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 04:29:37 PM

Why don't you give some examples of some of the upscale menu items you envision being prepared by your robot army?  Right now, I'm picturing that dog food can opener at the start of Back to the Future.

Donation address:  none, because I'm not a goddamn hobo.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 05:09:03 PM

fully automated upscale

I don't think you understand how cooking works.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 07:25:51 PM

fully automated upscale

I don't think you understand how cooking works.

I cook gourmet international cuisine as a hobby, and have dinner parties at my house. I have done Russian, Italian, Japanese, Indian, and Greek so far. Wanting to experiment with French. This restaurant was French. I probably will change the menu to something else though from what I understand, French cooking mainly involves a lot of sauces and frying. Mixing sauces automatically is pretty easy, as is frying. If I add pasta options, that's pretty easy as well.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 07:26:50 PM

Genuine question:  Isn't starting a Bitcoin business in an 'economically depressed' area full of 'retirees (old people)' kinda counter-intuitive?

Those retirees get a lot of Social Security, so their money will keep coming in, and I don't hae to worry about unemployment and lack of discretionary income
johnj

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:31:35 PM

Those retirees get a lot of Social Security, so their money will keep coming in, and I don't hae to worry about unemployment and lack of discretionary income

I'm suggesting that older folk aren't really down with BTC.

Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:34:02 PM

I worked at McDonald's, so I know what it takes to run a restaurant.

lulz

good luck with your venture
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:34:55 PM

Yeah, it's ludicrous to accept Bitcoins from elderly people. 

(BFL)^2 < 0
johnj

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:38:48 PM

Yeah, it's ludicrous to accept Bitcoins from elderly people. 

No, I'm saying that the odds of getting a lot of elderly folk in a economically depressed part of town to switch to a digital currency during a depression... are slim.

"Living off of social security?  Switch to this volatile digital currency!"

Giraffe.BTC

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:45:02 PM

I cook gourmet international cuisine as a hobby, and have dinner parties at my house. I have done Russian, Italian, Japanese, Indian, and Greek so far. Wanting to experiment with French. This restaurant was French. I probably will change the menu to something else though from what I understand, French cooking mainly involves a lot of sauces and frying. Mixing sauces automatically is pretty easy, as is frying. If I add pasta options, that's pretty easy as well.
Robot:  "Welcome to Rassah's Upscale Italian Restaurant!"

*microwaves jar of Prego, dumps it out on plate of spaghetti*

Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 07:48:09 PM

Robot:  "Welcome to Rassah's Upscale Italian Restaurant!"

*microwaves jar of Prego, dumps it out on plate of spaghetti*

Don't forget microwaving and adding a frozen bag of meatballs. A simple spaghetti and meatballs dish can go for $10 in some places.
Giraffe.BTC

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:52:36 PM

Don't forget microwaving and adding a frozen bag of meatballs. A simple spaghetti and meatballs dish can go for $10 in some places.
You're just yanking our chains with this, right?

johnj

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:55:11 PM

Actually, many many restaurants serve frozen, microwavable food.  Even 'upscale'.

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:57:18 PM

Why trying to reinvent the wheel ? Has anybody done an automated restaurant yet ? Sounds like something out of 2050 etc.

First get the actual normal human operated restaurant using bitcoins.

Then and then only think about automation. You are going way over your head IMHO. Never heard of a restaurant without humans serving etc. Good luck though.

Any ETA on how long till it becomes 5% investment ? I already know many restaurants simply reheat the pre-cooked food in a microwave then serve it out immediately but that is totally different than your no-waiters system. No cookers too ? Will robots cook the food as well ?
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 07:58:09 PM

Not at ll! Somewhere in Europe there is now a vending machine that makes entire pizzas from scratch. Why not a building that does a whole menu? From what I understand, the floors above this restaurant aren't even used, so there's plenty of space, and having it in that location means it'll be cheat to buy and set up. It's even near a railroad ship yard, so getting ingredients and robot/machine parts will be cheaper than trucking!
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 07:59:59 PM

Never heard of a restaurant without humans serving etc. Good luck though.

What about fancy sushi places where cooks prepare the sushi, but the food comes by on a conveyor belt?
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 08:02:46 PM

FYI, I am putting $50 of my own money into this to start, and already got another $20 donated (THANK YOU!). I'll keep adding my own money into this as I earn it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: