Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever been hacked on a crypto trading platform? (share your experience)  (Read 539 times)
juwon55 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:10:50 PM

Just yesterday my brother’s email was hacked for a period of 24 hours, during this period the hacker has already had access to all his trading accounts and transferred all his crypto assets worth over $5,000.

It was quite tragic, because the funds were not totally his, and it difficult to explain this scenario to his investors. From what i figured it was easy for the hacker to get away with such funds.

To avoid this kind of unfortunate incident, i implore crypto traders to make sure that there’s no loop holes in there trading accounts. I personally, trade on a hybrid trading platform (www.bbod.io) that runs a non-custodial smart contract wallet system where all account balances are held by a decentralized smart contract on the Ethereum blockchain. Centralized entities are too often hacked, our hybrid approach to decentralized safety combined with a centralized trading engine ensures the security of your funds whilst maintaining blazing fast transactions speeds.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:06:27 PM

Even if someone is using myetherwallet or a similar decentralized exchange they can still accidentally give their keys to hackers, just recently the DNS server of myetherwallet was hacked and people transfering ETH or tokens that put in their private keys to access their wallet were compromised.

For the best security use 2FA

Don't use priv keys anymore, use metamask or a hardware wallet to connect to myetherwallet

Use one email address for crypto exchanges, not a universal email for everything.

Dont post on social media with your real name and information about your crypto stuff

Bookmark sites so you dont get phised

Sorry about your friends loss, hope he can get passed it. good luck
chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:50:52 AM

I was hacked but that's a while ago, the hacker managed to get my emails address and sent me a fake link, I didn't take time to look through the link, i went on to login and gave away my password, they gain access to my account, made away with little money on the account, since then, i have set up 2FA on all account so such thing won't happen again even though they manage to get my password and I will encourage everyone to always set their 2FA to be more secured.

reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

I was hacked but that's a while ago, the hacker managed to get my emails address and sent me a fake link, I didn't take time to look through the link, i went on to login and gave away my password, they gain access to my account, made away with little money on the account, since then, i have set up 2FA on all account so such thing won't happen again even though they manage to get my password and I will encourage everyone to always set their 2FA to be more secured.
In this forum number of hackers are always active so you should not share your experience because they are are all alert and plan for different kind of ideas. So we should avoid these kind of threads in this forum and some experts are never panic these kind of hacking issues but beginners are surely panic in trading platform.
juwon55 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:23:49 PM

In this forum number of hackers are always active so you should not share your experience because they are are all alert and plan for different kind of ideas. So we should avoid these kind of threads in this forum and some experts are never panic these kind of hacking issues but beginners are surely panic in trading platform.

This thread is not for hackers to update their skills, but for those who have been hacked and lost their valuables to share their experience so that others will learn and prevent such occurrence.. both newbies and "experts"
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:26:45 PM

Even if someone is using myetherwallet or a similar decentralized exchange they can still accidentally give their keys to hackers, just recently the DNS server of myetherwallet was hacked and people transfering ETH or tokens that put in their private keys to access their wallet were compromised.

For the best security use 2FA

Don't use priv keys anymore, use metamask or a hardware wallet to connect to myetherwallet

Use one email address for crypto exchanges, not a universal email for everything.

Dont post on social media with your real name and information about your crypto stuff

Bookmark sites so you dont get phised

Sorry about your friends loss, hope he can get passed it. good luck
It's true that I really agree with the suggestions that you have given, especially at this point.
Because in my opinion it will be very inviting hackers to find out who you are and start looking for information about your wallet then steal it, other than that for me there is no point in posting asset values on social media so you should never do that.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:42:37 PM

OP is a somewhat well disguised shill for this bbod .io site..
If you look at his posts, half of them are to mention it in some way..

Often newbies posting links like this are an attempt to scam or hack but this bbod may be legit?
If anything it is an advertisement..

Yes I have has the emails rain in warning me of attempts to access some of my accounts I think because they got my email address in the Bitcointalk hack and then tried getting into exchanges with it..  It seems they waisted a lot of effort trying to get into a c-cex account of mine that I never used anyway, lol..

I'm not using that email for exchanges anymore..

I have a ton of exchange accounts, all empty until I decide to use them, if ever..
Whenever I fund an exchange account of mine I change the password to a new unique strong password and use 2FA sometimes when I plan to leave funds there for a long time or play with a larger amount of funds..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:08:58 PM

I was once hacked and learned a few lessons:
 - keep all passwords written down on paper;
 - use 2FA;
 - never insert private keys.

I recommend using MetaMask or hardware wallets.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:13:02 PM

I never faced any hack experience in my knowledge because when I go to use for trading I always add 2FA security and even for my LBC account I have 2FA and the IP access for login,in that case if user can hack your wallet but they can't be able to access because they need 2FA code for the access.And more over I never had cryptos much longer in trading experience this is what everyone needs to do if they want to stay away from hacks.
VBCryp@

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:34:24 PM

I was once hacked and learned a few lessons:
 - keep all passwords written down on paper;
 - use 2FA;
 - never insert private keys.

I recommend using MetaMask or hardware wallets.
I have no problem with hackers. Metamask in DEX trading floors such as IDEX, DDEX or Bancor Smiley If the trading floor is as large as Binance or Huobipro, Okek. I think do not forget to set up 2FA, SMS, password fund (if any). The deposit / Withdraw e should be set to maximum protection.
jaloto

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:34:40 PM

Just yesterday my brother’s email was hacked for a period of 24 hours, during this period the hacker has already had access to all his trading accounts and transferred all his crypto assets worth over $5,000.

It was quite tragic, because the funds were not totally his, and it difficult to explain this scenario to his investors. From what i figured it was easy for the hacker to get away with such funds.

To avoid this kind of unfortunate incident, i implore crypto traders to make sure that there’s no loop holes in there trading accounts. I personally, trade on a hybrid trading platform (www.bbod.io) that runs a non-custodial smart contract wallet system where all account balances are held by a decentralized smart contract on the Ethereum blockchain. Centralized entities are too often hacked, our hybrid approach to decentralized safety combined with a centralized trading engine ensures the security of your funds whilst maintaining blazing fast transactions speeds.

That's really sad to hear... I feel sorry for your loss. Though I have never been hacked, but I can imagine how difficult it is to be in your shoes. I wouldn't even wish such loss to my worst enemy. Actually, there are almost no places, which don't have loop holes and totally immune to hacks. But we can reduce the risks of being hacked to minimum by choosing the exchange with solid safety measures. Maybe you should consider cex (https://cex.io/), as this platform is known by its high level of security. And it’s better to avoid keeping all your funds online, try to use a hardware wallet.
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:22:26 AM

In such cases, you need to protect yourself. First of all, you need to configure two-factor authentication on your mail and on all services that you use for trading. And in any case, never click on suspicious links. If you follow these steps you will never be hacked
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:17:23 PM

In such cases, you need to protect yourself. First of all, you need to configure two-factor authentication on your mail and on all services that you use for trading. And in any case, never click on suspicious links. If you follow these steps you will never be hacked
A lot of people have really taken the importance and essence of using 2FA to secure their accounts with levity and this is the reason why you will keep seeing people losing their funds.

At some point, I am sure the Op's brother must have even gullibly been a victim of a phishing attack or some malware attack beforehand and all these things is what makes one account to end up becoming vulnerable and even in such cases of unforeseen incidence, added security layout to the account will always make you a step ahead and at least, subdue any damage being done to your account.

$5000 is a whole lot to lose, and for the fact that you have mentioned it is not even something he could have afforded to lose, even made it worse.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:39:26 PM

There are some people that get hacked through no fault of their own but the majority of victims do something stupid.  They will do things like using the same password for multiple sites, not using 2FA, or giving out personal information to random strangers on the internet.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 611

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:48:36 PM

OP is a somewhat well disguised shill for this bbod .io site..
If you look at his posts, half of them are to mention it in some way..

Often newbies posting links like this are an attempt to scam or hack but this bbod may be legit?
If anything it is an advertisement..

Its an advertisement no doubt and its quiet obvious giving out some scenarios or hacking events of his friends and tagging out the site on the last.Well it isn't bad but I don't see hacking instances would be completely wiped out on new exchange even if it uses newer features. The safety of ones account either on old exchange or new will always vary or depend on users responsibility on keeping important information.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:20:23 PM

There are some people that get hacked through no fault of their own but the majority of victims do something stupid.  They will do things like using the same password for multiple sites, not using 2FA, or giving out personal information to random strangers on the internet.
Using same passwords with emails, usernames to different websites isn't really a recommended thing. They just have to learn that they need to change this habit.

I have never been hacked and hopefully it will be continuous. When I use to check my email everyday, I see a lot of spams including those scammers and phishers that are copying an exchange and an online wallet. Gladly that when I was new, people have been giving warnings about it so just don't click any link from those emails. OP's side marketing though.  Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ZeljkoNemet

Activity: 165
Merit: 7

Gigzi - Independent Wealth Management

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:29:20 PM

Transfer everything on biometric wallet as soon as it arrives and no one will be able to hack you ^^

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:49:32 AM

well I once lost my assets when I saved them in the exchange wallet and when I wanted to log in all I could no longer access it and that was the thing I regretted the most

manyexp
Copper Member

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:51:26 AM

The exchange itself had been hacked and all its coins had been lost. Although the exchange later restored the coin, it was a gruesome experience.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:06:22 PM

To be honest, this has never happened with me as i take security of my sensitive data seriously.
Many such cases have come to discussion before and will keep happen unless you take care of your credentials seriously.
No matter how secure your email id is, you should always activate 2FA in your wallet
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: