Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:44:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when altcoins stop following bitcoin price ?  (Read 1274 times)
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:47:57 PM

Bitcoin still on the lead among altcoins and its prices currently depending on BTC price on the market. Crypto is still alive just because of bitcoin and thus, altcoins will still be dependent on BTC  and there is no way that it could go separately unless market regularization will imposed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:55:06 AM

I'm still find there is no reason altcoin will be independent & not follow btc price. even alts directly paired into fiat money, stable coin the price will be dependent into btc. Like this or not but the almost all coin are always paired into BTC & it has larger volume than another pair, thats why it will be dependent into BTC price.
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:42:40 AM

I'm still find there is no reason altcoin will be independent & not follow btc price. even alts directly paired into fiat money, stable coin the price will be dependent into btc. Like this or not but the almost all coin are always paired into BTC & it has larger volume than another pair, thats why it will be dependent into BTC price.
As what I've understood that every ICO has its own purpose for its coin, since they have there on platform that aiming people that they will use and by using its dedicated coin and because its all under in crypto currency then still depend on the price of the king of all coin, the bitcoin.

Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:51:27 AM

Bitcoin is  the most well-known crypto coin and the leader of crypto market so it is natural for the altcoins to follow bitcoin both up and down.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:34:34 AM

there are some altcoins that can not follow the uptrend of bitcoin, It depends to the people they can run up the prices of altcoins not the altcoins because they think if bitcoin is increase then altcoins as well, so they will buy more.

Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:50:14 AM

Bitcoin is  the most well-known crypto coin and the leader of crypto market so it is natural for the altcoins to follow bitcoin both up and down.
I don't think it's because of the famous bitcoin altcoin following the movement of bitcoin. I think of all because of the ability of bitcoin which can be like moving the crypto market, which has an impact on altcoins so it's like following the movement of bitcoin.
hanlap

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:09:25 AM

I do not think Altcoins price is entirely dependent on Bitcoin price. There are Altcoins that can decrease are lower than BTC when the market is down but opposites is right. When the market increase, Altcoins will high profit much better than BTC.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:25:33 AM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?

This is possible thru price manipulation like the big whales should unite to dump Bitcoin and pump a certain Altcoin using their huge resources at their disposal but if we will just rely on the real demand of Altcoins then it is very impossible to happen as Bitcoin already build a deep relation of trust among the people as the most promising crypto investments.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:05:06 AM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?

As far as I know the altcoin price movement is actually, not based on bitcoin price movements but the actual rise and fall of altcoin prices only triggered by active user behavior.  When the upward trend in bitcoin prices occurs, usually altcoin users who have little funds, take advantage of that moment to buy altcoins in the hope that the coins they buy will be pushed up in value by the atmosphere of rising bitcoin prices.

Anish02

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:31:43 PM

I don't know when altcoins will stop to following to bitcoin price. Because Bitcoin has a great influence on altcoins. And everyone can see it hoe does the market become red when bitcoin becomes red.
icegeekfresh

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:20:39 PM

I'm wondering this like you my friend, why altcoins are still following bitcoin so much, they must not affect more like this from every moves of bitcoin. Market can be more stable and should be separated from the price of bitcoin.

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:35:10 PM

When they stop copying the code of bitcoin and they stop copy everything that bitcoin does, that is when altcoins will begin to move independently of bitcoin and since most coins are just cheap copies of bitcoin then for the foreseeable future you are going to see those coins moving in the same direction, only the coins that have any kind of originality move independently from time to time from bitcoin.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:05:00 PM

I'm wondering this like you my friend, why altcoins are still following bitcoin so much, they must not affect more like this from every moves of bitcoin. Market can be more stable and should be separated from the price of bitcoin.
I've never think that altcoins still depending on bitcoin but it could be basing on Ethereum price. There is a huge falls of altcoins as Ethereum have it though, but if Ethereum goes up,  everything will goes up also unless it is a dead coin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:30:22 PM

never.
bitcoin always regulate prices of altcoins.
and i think this must be like that. there must be a regulator.

I guess that Bitcoin will stay the market leader, and the altcoins will follow it. Probably, it will last for many years. Actually, I do not see anything bad in it, and that is OK for me.
Igor.J

Activity: 350

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:05:19 PM

The independence of altcoins from bitcoin is only a dream. I think at the moment it's all so closely related that it will take years to remove the dependence.

CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:27:04 PM

Probably never. I always think that these altcoins are just speculation tool. Unlike Bitcoin, they're not a real asset per se. So they will keep following major coin price, mostly Bitcoin.

When they stop copying the code of bitcoin and they stop copy everything that bitcoin does, that is when altcoins will begin to move independently of bitcoin and since most coins are just cheap copies of bitcoin then for the foreseeable future you are going to see those coins moving in the same direction, only the coins that have any kind of originality move independently from time to time from bitcoin.
Good answer, I agree. Most altcoins are just "selling" idea or concept that doesn't really has a real-world use.
bibb76

Activity: 343
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:35:30 PM

A gigabyte will soon become the most valuable cryptocurrency — without the Internet, there is no point in cryptocurrency, and the Internet is already slowing down
hasna17

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:35:45 PM

I think Bitcoin will still be the best and Bitcoin will always be a magnet for all altcoins
Bitcoin affects global markets, whatever happens to Bitcoin will definitely affect the market as a whole.
And this cannot be denied, because Bitcoin has the largest market and is currently the most popular coin, and Bitcoin will still be the best.
But if there are altcoins who want to be independent of course they must be able to defeat BTC and I think that is very difficult.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:56:41 PM

Bitcoin is  the most well-known crypto coin and the leader of crypto market so it is natural for the altcoins to follow bitcoin both up and down.
Also investors/traders are still considering the price of bitcoin before they invest in altcoins. I think it cannot be stopped because bitcoin rules the market, and bitcoin is too big not to depend on. Altcoins will still have its own good side, it may not seen true its price but if you see its technology for sure you will love to invest.

A gigabyte will soon become the most valuable cryptocurrency — without the Internet, there is no point in cryptocurrency, and the Internet is already slowing down

Many coins are being considered as the next bitcoin, but I think it will not going to happen in the next 10years or never. In some places Internet connection are very solid, and everyone need this thing so for sure it will continue to improve over time.
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:04:39 PM

I think this is very difficult for the Altcoins. Unless there is a strong enough Altcoins to beat Bitcoin and lead the coinmarketcap table. Probably not likely this will happen and the Altcoins will depend on Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: