Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:18:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized database vs decentralized database  (Read 176 times)
aywing (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:24:32 AM

I believe this is a common question on cen db and dec db, as i know in decentralized database, it can be differentiate into permissionless(bitcoin) and permissioned. How can i distinguish the difference on functions between centralized db and permissioned blockchain? what is the benefits of permissioned blockchain?

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 03:23:04 AM
Merited by dbshck (1)

what is the benefits of permissioned blockchain?

There are several 'benefits' (it depends on how you look at this). You can limit who can read the block or who can be the validator/miners and etc. By limiting the numbers of people who can read the block, the data on the blockchain will be 'safe' from third-parties, therefore only a few people will know it. The government would love this one. By limiting the number of validators, you can maximize your profits (assuming you own the blockchain and become one of the validators), so you'll get rich quickly. CMIIW.

How can i distinguish the difference on functions between centralized db and permissioned blockchain?

Not really sure get your point, you're talking what (technical) functions / features (like, block confirmation time?) available on a centralized database and permissioned blockchain? Read the source code or features, maybe?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Infinixhot1996

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:44:45 AM

In a centralized db informations are kept in a particular system,they are not shared or connected to users,as they can only be privy to the informations through the central system
  But in a decentralized db such as the blockchain technology(bitcoin),informations and data in the system are connected to users through the blockchain,as it contains every record of informations and activity on the system..
 The advantages of a ddb I think could be that it is safer and difficult to scale the system..
It stores records efficiently,every single detail remains stored..
It is easily accessible
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:36:44 AM

How can i distinguish the difference on functions between centralized db and permissioned blockchain?

Well the most glaring difference is that you can't alter the data on a blockchain, while the same isn't true for a database.

what is the benefits of permissioned blockchain?

The only obvious one I can see is immutability. Permissioned blockchains could also be more distributed thanks to its nature, so it may make it easier to protect from data loss. Other than those, I guess it really just boils down to taking advantage of their key differences.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: