Print  
Author Topic: del  (Read 1055 times)
myself

del
October 29, 2011, 08:01:23 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 11:10:57 PM by myself

del
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 08:57:29 PM

Sorry, what does stealing have to do with anything ?

And stealing bitcoins is pretty popular idea already.. ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Brian DeLoach
VIP

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 03:54:18 AM

the problem w/ btc is that normal ppl cant steal it, so is very hard to get into that market, so what the ppl steal? well chewing gum, chewing gum are used like currency in country's like Romania -on the same way cigarettes was a currency in Germany or now in jails- so if chewing gum is currency it is stolen, some will stole from the super market come will stole a box and the professionals will take a truck

is so awesome that ppl use alternative currency  Grin
also buy bitcoins the price will go up way up

I'm scared to look through your 500+ post history.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 04:10:25 AM

the problem w/ btc is that normal ppl cant steal it, so is very hard to get into that market, so what the ppl steal? well chewing gum, chewing gum are used like currency in country's like Romania -on the same way cigarettes was a currency in Germany or now in jails- so if chewing gum is currency it is stolen, some will stole from the super market come will stole a box and the professionals will take a truck

my immediate reaction was that someone new must have gained access to someone else's hero account.
kiyote

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 05:00:11 AM

I don't think English is his first language, but I think he's trying to say that people will start using bitcoins because they're harder to steal?
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 05:29:46 AM

my immediate reaction was that someone new must have gained access to someone else's hero account.

That is unfortunately rather likely

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
ovidiusoft

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 05:52:01 PM

OP, you just destroyed Romania's most well kept secret, I will have to send the BubbleGum Mafia to cover you in strawberry jelly now. Prepare to suffer.

Now that's in the open, I can tell you that this is completely true. The romanian currency, RON, doesn't really exist. Sure, when some stupid foreigner comes in and goes to an exchange house, he gets some colored bills, but those are actually printed on the spot. Some merchants will accept them, because it's fun to play along, but in reality we only deal with alternate currencies: chewing gum (with or without sugar, with sugar = 0,9 without sugar), instant coffee, baking soda, young gipsy children, prepaid mobile credit and so on.

These are used in shops because they are small and easy to carry, but on my business I usually deal with more valuable items. Last week I installed a few servers in a new office for a customer. I got the meat of a pretty big pig (I love pork steaks) and two brand new winter tires. I hope I can get another two tires from another customer who usually pays in chicken eggs. And I hope winter comes fast or that pork might go bad.

In the summer is better, because I get fruits and vegetables, in the winter usually objects. I remember 2 years ago a customer paid for a pretty large project (more than 6 months of work) with a second hand car, stolen from Germany. He was so nice he even gave me three sets of fake plates and gave me the number of a guy who can make me new plates on the spot. I actually went and made a set with 'ovidiusoft rulez!' and I paid with a few kilos of oranges and bananas.

I live on a flat so I don't accept living animals, but a good friend has a pretty large courtyard and he prefers to get chickens, ducks and so on. He has fresh eggs all the time, and last year he had a cow too (he also had a pretty big programming project). He would milk the cow in the morning, pour the milk in a few bottles, go to the store, get a pack of cigarettes and some change (chewing gum, of course - perfect for the smoker's bad breath).

Anyway, he lost the cow when he had to pay his taxes. They didn't want to accept eggs only, they insisted he need to pay 16% cow (the profit tax is 16% in Romania) so he had to give them 16% of the cow. That was one bloody tax payment, let me tell you... It was delicious, though.

-The End-

PS: Don't believe everything you read on the intertubes. It's been known that they will try to give you a gum or an instant coffee in small shops, mostly because they are trying to push some more stuff on you rather than because they don't have change, but it's not nearly as common place as you might understand from those articles. If that much gum was stolen, it's probably because it's easy to sell to children near schools and playgrounds.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: