Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:40:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **Breaking news** Satoshi Nakamotos identity revealed  (Read 77418 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:19:51 PM

If this is not the guy then maybe the real Satoshi will came out of his cave just to save him. Maybe that's the whole master plan..

No way, if there is a real Satoshi, after seeing the inevitable media shit storm within just 2 hours he is not going to reveal himself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:20:27 PM

“I am no longer involved in that and I cannot discuss it,” he told the reporter.

Theres no proof the man said that. Thats according to the journalist. If she really wanted to go this far, wouldn't she bring a voice recorder or something with her?
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:20:37 PM

I am not condoning the journalist method, for revealing his ID. But there was great interest to know who created bitcoin.
Satoshi didn't expect Bitcoin to be such a success, thus anonymity was not paramount at the start of the project.

He signs as Dorian S. Nakamoto in real life.

He is a physicist with a passion for mathematics, engineering, computers..

“I am no longer involved in that and I cannot discuss it,” he told the reporter.

Pretty good concordance that its our man.

But... but... I thought it was a team of 30 people at the NSA... wtf?  Huh Not a conspiracy theory?  Shocked
Everyone else smart agreed with me!
/s
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:23:37 PM

I hope it is the real Satoshi and that he's got a brainwallet with all his bitcoin in it.
Now they can shoot him through the head and make my bitcoins worth more.
/sarcasm

For real. I think the real satoshi is not ment to be found.
They just made this guy up and are killing him soon to "end" the speculation.
They just hope that everybody believes the story first.

Denton

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:24:30 PM

I find it hard to believe that a man who valued his privacy so much that he mined through tor, used untraceable email, etc, has been actually using his real name the whole time. It's possible though.

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:25:32 PM

If this is not the guy then maybe the real Satoshi will came out of his cave just to save him. Maybe that's the whole master plan..
+1 and then find real satoshi and kill him
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:27:17 PM

Probability that he faked his confession. He knows about bitcoin, because of his name.

Indeed.

At this point, probably 99% of the people in any developed nation know somebody who has heard of bitcoin.

Anybody who's heard of bitcoin and knows somebody named "Satoshi Nakamoto" has undoubtedly told them about it.

It is very safe to assume everybody named "Satoshi Nakamoto" has heard of bitcoin.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:28:48 PM

1.  Satoshi wanted to be outed someday.  What good is being a genius without recognition?

Most intellectuals achieve fame long after their death.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
cimine

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

""He was the kind of person who, if you made an honest mistake, he might call you an idiot and never speak to you again," Andresen says. "Back then, it was not clear that creating Bitcoin might be a legal thing to do. He went to great lengths to protect his anonymity.""

Huh?  Great lengths like using his real name?  This makes no sense.  If this was his real name all along how come nobody has found him yet?

This is like the twilight zone here.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:33:00 PM

""He was the kind of person who, if you made an honest mistake, he might call you an idiot and never speak to you again," Andresen says. "Back then, it was not clear that creating Bitcoin might be a legal thing to do. He went to great lengths to protect his anonymity.""

Huh?  Great lengths like using his real name?  This makes no sense.  If this was his real name all along how come nobody has found him yet?

Yeah but normal people not "into" BTC would not be able to put 2 and 2 together like that.

Must be confusing for the normal non BTC crowd... first, they hear that bitcoin is bankrupt, then yesterday they hear that Bitcoin CEO died of a suicide, then today they hear the found the creator.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:33:52 PM

Yeah but normal people not "into" BTC would not be able to put 2 and 2 together like that.

Must be confusing for the normal non BTC crowd... first, they hear that bitcoin is bankrupt, then yesterday they hear that Bitcoin CEO died of a suicide, then today they hear the found the creator.

this is the trailer for the movie Wink

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
surfer43

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:34:12 PM

For one, the twilight zone is freaky...
Second, using his real name was probably the best protection. Notice how no one named "Satoshi Nakamoto" was proposed to be satoshi?   Wink
surfer43

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:35:16 PM

this is the trailer for the movie Wink
...made by people who do not have any clue about Bitcoin, it's history, or how it works...  Cheesy
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:37:48 PM

I stand corrected.  He should probably start hiring security.

*Dorian SN hires some security*

OMFG IT'S HIM!!!
Nano Fiber

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:39:16 PM

It's called hiding in plain sight Tongue
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:40:54 PM

Wow, just wow!
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:42:45 PM

Huh?  Great lengths like using his real name?  This makes no sense.  If this was his real name all along how come nobody has found him yet?

+1, yes this is all absurd.

Sometimes I worry that the real reason I am into bitcoin is purely for the constant daily entertainment. It's better than movies or TV, which I've largely given up due to lack of imagination.

But bitcoin, every single week another crazy bomb is dropped out of no where that provides endless speculation, investigation, discovery and rebuttal.  So. much. fun.
uranian

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:47:21 PM

What you don't know about him is that he's worked on classified stuff.

"We were doing defensive electronics and communications for the military, government aircraft and warships...

Mitchell says her husband "did not talk much about his work" and sometimes took on military projects independent of RCA.

"He was very wary of the government, taxes and people in charge."

One of these things is not like the other.
cimine

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:48:27 PM

For one, the twilight zone is freaky...
Second, using his real name was probably the best protection. Notice how no one named "Satoshi Nakamoto" was proposed to be satoshi?   Wink

Hiding in plain sight...
ScroogeD

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:49:49 PM

If this is true I think this is very irresponsible. She posts the photo, house photo, legal name, and more information of someone that wants to be anonymous. Not to mention how dangerous this would be if true. I imagine many people would do terrible things to get his private keys.

Myself and several others have sent emails to the author of this report.

Leah McGrath Goodman

http://www.newsweek.com/authors/leah-mcgrath-goodman

http://leahmcgrathgoodman.com/

l.goodman@newsweek.com

lmcgrathgoodman@gmail.com

http://twitter.com/truth_eater

I haven't read the article yet, but you are right, this is really horrible... :/

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: