Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:09:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Efudd Z-Series Fuddware 2.3 -Z11/Z11e/Z11j/Z9/Mini  (Read 45440 times)
chipless

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 07:33:21 AM

I have a couple of individuals that do want me to add a 4th board support to the mini "officially" -- it's in the list, but is low priority at the moment.

That would be an awesome feature and maybe extend the life of the z9 mini for a bit. I've been eagerly awaiting another release, I hope to see one in the future.

It detects the 4th board and runs it now. The only thing is you wont see it in the web gui until the web gui status.html page in the cgi-bin folder is updated. The web gui on a fullsize already shows the 4th board. How you can tell the 4th is running is look at the hash rate it will be higher then running 3 boards. You can use winSCP and just replace the page now but on a reboot the page will resort back to the origional page.

On the good side using a 4th board reduces the discard rate by about half on the machine

Here is a link to just the status html page....To use it install WinSCP...login to the machine....goto www/pages/cgi-bin and replace the current status html page with the one supplied in the link below....Close it refresh your browser on the miner status and the 4th board will show.
To set the freq in the 4th board it uses the global and the others can be set as usual

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R-iplyZPd5UZCOo2A3YTQgvYtd7TMYpn/view?usp=sharing

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efudd (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 01:22:45 PM

Unfortunately that html won’t work on my firmware due to customizations and integrations. I use the same html on large and small with hash board frequencies integrated.

-j

Demoniac

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 01:35:10 PM

Hello! I start to use firmware on my Antminer z9. But i saw that 4 of them started to mine zec.ss.poolin.com - for dev fee, i guess. But after more than 1 hour they did not change back to my pool. I rebooted them, but the change back to zec.ss.poolin.com. Is this a bug?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 02:27:40 PM

Hello! I start to use firmware on my Antminer z9. But i saw that 4 of them started to mine zec.ss.poolin.com - for dev fee, i guess. But after more than 1 hour they did not change back to my pool. I rebooted them, but the change back to zec.ss.poolin.com. Is this a bug?

Support ID please? Are you running minerstat, by chance? Join the discord and send me a PM to get my attention and we can figure out what is going on here.. to answer your question, no, I expect it is not a bug since these firmwares have been running for months without that type of issue. Let's figure out what is going on in your environment.

Are you mining piratepool by chance? I see problems with piratepool connectivity reasonably often (you can use luxor's arrr pool instead). If your other pools are not configured properly or are not up, cgminer will automatically switch to a working pool.

-j

COINKING7

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 04:28:10 PM

efudd,

Not trying to be a pest, but just curious as to an estimated release date on the Z11 firmware?

Thanks for all your work.
efudd (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 04:49:52 PM

efudd,

Not trying to be a pest, but just curious as to an estimated release date on the Z11 firmware?

Thanks for all your work.

not a pest -- real life just "getting in the way" at the moment. I'll have it out as soon as I can. I apologize... I am notoriously bad at making dates. Smiley

-j

bakermining76

Activity: 31
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 05:18:27 AM

Support ID please? Are you running minerstat, by chance? Join the discord and send me a PM to get my attention and we can figure out what is going on here.. to answer your question, no, I expect it is not a bug since these firmwares have been running for months without that type of issue. Let's figure out what is going on in your environment.

Are you mining piratepool by chance? I see problems with piratepool connectivity reasonably often (you can use luxor's arrr pool instead). If your other pools are not configured properly or are not up, cgminer will automatically switch to a working pool.

-j

Just a data point regarding this: I've noticed several occasions where my Mini has continued to mine for a few hours, but is not mining my pool. I know it has happened with Prohashing multiple times, and I think at least once on Flypool. To the best of my knowledge, its been maybe 5-10 times since 2.1d came out, but I've never spent time on it or looked into any further - I've just restarted and it fixes itself (though that is actually adding some dev mining on restart).
efudd (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 05:35:51 AM

-j

Just a data point regarding this: I've noticed several occasions where my Mini has continued to mine for a few hours, but is not mining my pool. I know it has happened with Prohashing multiple times, and I think at least once on Flypool. To the best of my knowledge, its been maybe 5-10 times since 2.1d came out, but I've never spent time on it or looked into any further - I've just restarted and it fixes itself (though that is actually adding some dev mining on restart).

One thought...

There is a new antminer malware that does not infect the miner directly, but instead uses the API to change the mining pools and runs from another infected computer (at least that is what it appears so far). It uses flypool for the mining.  I haven't managed to get a copy of the malware yet to figure out exactly what it is doing, however. I confirmed this on another customer's system yesterday and implemented a temporary workaround for that user.

If you happen to be using awesomeminer, you will be able to tell if this is happening to you because all of the pools will disappear except the malware pool.

If you'll catch me on discord, we can troubleshoot it together and see what is going on.

Thank you,

Jason

chipless

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 05:00:45 PM

One way to prevent any malware is by setting your router up with MAC filtering. I have mine setup where only 1 pc can have access to the miners and everyone else is blocked out of that router and can access remotely as long as I am on my laptop.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:11:33 PM

Hey there.

Recently I purchased a small batch of Z9's (11 pcs), and they behave themselves in a very strange manner: I can change firmware via an SD card, but anytime I try to change a firmware (or even to update Fuddware) the firmware upgrade process finishes abruptly and I get forwarded to a page http://<miner_ip>/upgrade_clear.cgi

After that, I get locked out of web interface, and any login/password combination I try are a no-go (root/root, admin/admin). After I power-cycle the ASIC, it restores to factory defaults, but the firmware stays the same.

Have you ever encountered such Z9's?

No, weird! Can you reproduce it reliably? If so I would love to watch it happen via teamviewer. As a crazy thought, if you upgrade firmware from a new “private” browser window do you see the same thing?

-j

chipless

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:14:59 PM

Hey there.

Recently I purchased a small batch of Z9's (11 pcs), and they behave themselves in a very strange manner: I can change firmware via an SD card, but anytime I try to change a firmware (or even to update Fuddware) the firmware upgrade process finishes abruptly and I get forwarded to a page http://<miner_ip>/upgrade_clear.cgi

After that, I get locked out of web interface, and any login/password combination I try are a no-go (root/root, admin/admin). After I power-cycle the ASIC, it restores to factory defaults, but the firmware stays the same.

Try the SD recovery when it powers back up and you have web access again then push the reset button and try a factory reset. Then try to update. I have seen it where the update locks you out Efudd knows more on the reason why this happens. Clear you cache on the pc also. Try a different upgrade image if it continues

efudd (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:27:39 PM

Hey there.

Try the SD recovery when it powers back up and you have web access again then push the reset button and try a factory reset. Then try to update. I have seen it where the update locks you out Efudd knows more on the reason why this happens. Clear you cache on the pc also. Try a different upgrade image if it continues

He stated he used the SD card and ultimately after a power cycle, "the firmware is the same". This means he has effectively done what you have suggested. The most likely scenario is that the firmware has actually changed but the web browser cache is showing the previous pages. That is why I asked about a private browser tab....

-j

efudd (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:39:41 PM

Hey there.

He stated he used the SD card and ultimately after a power cycle, "the firmware is the same". This means he has effectively done what you have suggested. The most likely scenario is that the firmware has actually changed but the web browser cache is showing the previous pages. That is why I asked about a private browser tab....

-j

No, the firmware really stays the same, and refreshing the page with CTRL-F5 doesn't change anything.

Hmmm. can you jump on discord and can we look at it via teamviewer?

-j

dtawom

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:46:32 PM

Any plans for a Z11 firmware in the future?
efudd (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:55:08 PM

Any plans for a Z11 firmware in the future?

plans, yes. I just need to build the web page changes to support voltage in the webUI and am not finding the motivation to do it, to be honest. it is otherwise complete.. just no way for the end-user to control it at the moment.. and i'm midway through another project at the moment that has the core focus. :/

-j

chipless

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:30:41 PM

Hey there.

-j

I understand that jason there can be 3 reasons....1 a corrupt tsop.....2 a bad sd image.....or 3 bitmain has locked down the tsop. Try to  use the z9 sd recovery then upgrade afterwards to z11 firmware.  I had a problem with mine yesterday and had to use the z9 recovery ....sometimes a reset by the button can fix the tsop.

You can always pull the pem and make  a signed image. I started that yesterday. Instead of no signature found I now get the "not signatured message. Working on that later this weekend. So I am past the signature and now need to deal with the info.sig file

efudd (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 10:29:10 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2019, 10:46:06 PM by efudd

Hey there.

-j

I understand that jason there can be 3 reasons....1 a corrupt tsop.....2 a bad sd image.....or 3 bitmain has locked down the tsop. Try to  use the z9 sd recovery then upgrade afterwards to z11 firmware.  I had a problem with mine yesterday and had to use the z9 recovery ....sometimes a reset by the button can fix the tsop.

You can always pull the pem and make  a signed image. I started that yesterday. Instead of no signature found I now get the "not signatured message. Working on that later this weekend. So I am past the signature and now need to deal with the info.sig file

hahaha. you aren't getting past the signature by signing an image without using SD as a bootstrap and completely replacing their signatures with your own. Unless you suddenly have a copy of the private key they have used to sign with, you do not comprehend PKI at all. ... and whomever implemented their simple (but effective) signature check scripts did not leave any holes.

That comment was as good as your energy comments in the other thread. I needed that laugh. Thank you. lololol.

-j

chipless

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 01:29:52 AM

Well I am past the first signature check for the whole image the one I am working on is the info file signature. We will see how far I can get with it. You never know .....It would pass also except I had to add a new md5 for the files I modded. I have a way to change files in the image without extracting any of it.

efudd (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 01:45:40 AM

Well I am past the first signature check for the whole image the one I am working on is the info file signature. We will see how far I can get with it. You never know .....It would pass also except I had to add a new md5 for the files I modded. I have a way to change files in the image without extracting any of it.

Lol. In this case, yes, I do know how far you will get with it. Just when I thought you were actually showing some promise...

There is an md5+signature chain signed by a private key out of a PKI infrastructure. The chain is solid from the image to the installer+metadata. The image is signed, the installer/metadata is signed.

As I said, unless you suddenly have the private key, or have suddenly become a real hacker-type and can find, write and exploit a buffer overflow in the API, you are not getting around anything other than by using the SD card method.

All you have got past is a conditional check in the shell to see if an expected filename exists. That's it.

Sigh. Really.

-j

chipless

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 04:13:13 AM

Lol. In this case, yes, I do know how far you will get with it. Just when I thought you were actually showing some promise...

There is an md5+signature chain signed by a private key out of a PKI infrastructure. The chain is solid from the image to the installer+metadata. The image is signed, the installer/metadata is signed.

As I said, unless you suddenly have the private key, or have suddenly become a real hacker-type and can find, write and exploit a buffer overflow in the API, you are not getting around anything other than by using the SD card method.

All you have got past is a conditional check in the shell to see if an expected filename exists. That's it.

Sigh. Really.

-j

When are you going to learn to expect the unexpected from me.....I recall when I posted the Z11 firmware you called it "hacked up bullshit" that i didnt overvolt anything and was posting bullshit stats. Then went onto.....

"I’ll tell you what, I’ll give you a special image that disables the autotuning so you can see how wrong you are with your claims." Well I am waiting for the image still....

You were wrong then and may be wrong again I guess the future will tell. But I wouldnt under estimate things, just because I dont do things your way doesnt mean I dont get positive results in the end. Think out of the box man and you might get things done.

edit...

I must be doing something right 2 weeks ago my hashrate was 455 today this is where I sit on flypool. Looks to be about a 25k increase between the 2 machines

Hashrate

478.5 KH/s 481.5 KH/s

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: