Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 EXTREMELY USEFUL TELEGRAM TIPS FOR YOUR ICO  (Read 192 times)
n4kamoto (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:23:32 PM
Merited by leea-1334 (1)

8 TELEGRAM TIPS FOR ICO

The crypto community loves Telegram, it has become the go-to communication channel for upcoming ICOs and crypto communities.

Being a marketing agency that works with ICOs, at Freegram we have seen our fair share of Telegram groups, in fact, our database now consists of a whopping 3000 crypto-related Telegram groups. When it comes to marketing an ICO Telegram is a vital tool, however, most companies fail to overlook some important points that make marketing on Telegram a successful strategy.

Before using Telegram as a tool for ICO marketing, you need to read these 8 tips we have compiled from our experience working with ICOs and pioneering innovative Telegram marketing services. These tips are also relevant for crypto-trading groups, trading signal groups, newsgroups and just about anyone trying to run a successful community on Telegram.

1. Community management is tedious and very undervalued

What is the point of having thousands of potential investors in a Telegram group if no one is talking or keeping the community engaged?

Sadly, we have seen so many ICO groups overlook and undervalue community management to the point where it can affect their profits by driving away investors. There needs to be someone always around to answer questions, start discussions, share news and most importantly keep the group clean by removing spammers and scammers.

Having someone the community can rely on for answers to their questions in real time will increase investor confidence in the project and create LOYALTY to the brand.

2. People don't like reading

Most Telegram users have joined a lot of groups, this means there is a constant barrage of messages that people just don't have the time to read.

Which is why it is important to repeat important messages, news or alerts many times in a Telegram ICO group to make sure it reaches as much of your audience as possible, especially new members that may have missed important messages from before.

3. Being Always Online is key

Answering questions right the minute they are asked increases loyalty and sometimes even has a "WOW" effect since users are not accustomed to seeing admins online 24/7 in a Telegram group. This can be a major competitive advantage as it shows that a project is serious about its community and investor relations.

In some ICOs we have worked with the CEO of the project was the most active member of the Telegram community, now that's commitment to the project!

Telegram Community Management Example.
                                                                                Referemce: WePower and IoTeX project.

4. Begging your Telegram group audience

Sad but true, it happens. Some ICOs have been known to private message their Telegram members asking them to invest. This will not bring results. It looks pathetic and decreases the value of your project in the eyes of investors- never ask your admins to do it.

5. Inviting users from other Telegram groups of similar nature works

Telegram allows you to invite users to your group from other groups or channels you are a part of. However for this to be effective, some considerations need to be in place, for example, constant monitoring and welcoming users/answering their questions like "who the hell invited me here" or "why did I end up in this group" is a must.

The only thing is Telegram does not allow to invite more than 30-40 per day (which take a lot of time to begin with!) and your account will get banned for 24 hours if you go over the limit. So it's something that takes time to do manually. There are services out there that can help you bring a real targeted audience to your group in thousands without the hassle or worry of having your account banned.

6. Weekly/Monthly Quizzes

Quizzes or any activity that can be rewarded and generates engagement is a must for marketing a Telegram ICO group. If users are not engaged by the content or conversation being shared in a group, nothing is stopping them from leaving. Putting a little effort into creating quizzes for your audience helps maintain a highly engaged community.

7. Using telegram Bots for bounty and airdrops is a must

There are so many tasks involved in marketing an ICO, so why not save time wherever you can? Telegram bots can save ridiculous amounts of your admin`s time. Some of the tasks these bots can automate include:

- Registering bounty participants
- Assigning bounty tasks automatically
- Following up with bounty participants on ongoing tasks
- Collecting finished tasks via files in chat

There are very few Telegram Chatbot experts out there if you want to find out more about what you can do with chatbots, look here.

Telegram Bots for bounty programs and airdrops examples.
                                                                           Reference: IoTeX and Tiberius Coin projects

8. Always Keep Your Community Updated

Telegram is a communication channel, therefore use it as such. Conferences, interviews, blogger reviews, technology updates, all these things start discussions and bring valuable feedback from the community, so make sure you don't miss an opportunity to share with your community.

These tips should turn a mediocre ICO Telegram group into a highly engaged Telegram community, trust us, your users will become highly loyal if you take the necessary steps to engage - interact - update - and respond.

BONUS TIP:

Pinning a message in a Telegram group pushes a notification for everyone, even if the group is muted for the member.

Think ahead so you can do it regularly to stay on peoples radar. Just don't do it every day, you will annoy people and they will leave your group.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hermankoles

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

https://customcontract.network

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:09:26 PM

A successful ICO certainly has a large and quality crypto community. building a more interactive Kumonitas is by telegram group. ICO will be able to interact directly with potential investors and users who will use their tokens

✮✮❯✮❯✮❯ CCN-CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK ❮✮❮✮❮✮❮✮✮   (https://customcontract.network//)
mel_smog

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:29:49 PM

Thanks for the tips!

Quality read
entebah

Activity: 1530
Merit: 152

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:06:15 PM

great information, I see the telegram group is annoying. hundreds of questions were repeated even though the admin had answered well.
they even forgot to read pinned message. this may be a new way even though it sounds boring, and the admin seems lazy.
qmclak

Activity: 275

"Trade with profit"

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 09:18:25 AM

Great information, That's correct everyone should get upadted whats going on with the project we invested.That's what i'm doing too i keep check if the still still active and have progress.Some ICO developers now after few weeks after their token gets listed they don't have progress or any developements.So it turn outs that they don't have real project at all.Anyways its great information for everyone especially those beginners.

♦[https://www.forextrendy.com/?hop=scdigital9]♦ ► FOREX TRENDY ◄ ♦TRENDS SCANNER ,Increase your chance in winning  ♦
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:47:40 AM

I like this post but unfortunately don't have merit to send.

Keep it up with this type of posts.
Yana_O1993

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 12:15:00 PM

the company needs to create visibility of activity, for this purpose groups are created and many people are invited to them Smiley

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
draculaaa

Activity: 233
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:45:28 PM

Interesting post for whom want start a telegram channel.
Many free tips useful for the community.
Thanks
miningnew

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:57:06 AM

To my opinion, it’s necessary to be carreful with the bot service...
It can easily give the impression that there is not human people behind the community management
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:48:46 AM

I hated Telegram because it caused me so much spam, and when I recently joined a group, actually by Amazix, to join 2 projects as a requirement for participating in the group, guess what,,, all the spam came back. Worse, random people messaging me wanting to be friends, and then scammers pretended to be group admins and asked me to send ETH for "bonus"!

Great tips, if more people followed these, the experience would be better. People should merit posts like this. I will add here, 1 more tip: Use scambots to detect scammers and whitelist. So you protect your communities.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WiresAreComing

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:04:25 AM

Answering questions right the minute they are asked increases loyalty and sometimes even has a "WOW" effect since users are not accustomed to seeing admins online 24/7 in a Telegram group. This can be a major competitive advantage as it shows that a project is serious about its community and investor relations.

IMO this tip is the most important. People`s loyalty is essential for every cryptocurrency, expecially for new projects with developing communities. Dev teams should not abandon this aspect, even is it means hiring additional support staff it`ll certainly pay off.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:05:05 PM

It can easily give the impression that there is not human people behind the community management
I really do not even like much idea of bots as I believe there is so little they can do when it comes to giving an answer to certain questions and request, but all the same, it is not a bad idea when used in a very little way to at least, keep the community engaged and give information on the things that keeps going on.

For instance, just like what the OP pointed out, there will always be discussions, with people from different time zones, so the idea of trying to pass across a message and just assuming that is it, is not a good thing. It is always important to keep spreading that message over time, for new people to see it or possible pin it to the page and in this case, bots do help a lot.
mel_smog

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:30:07 PM

You always have to have real people running community management and be in the chat 24/7 to make the best out of Telegram group!
cakravothy

Activity: 868
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 10:51:54 PM

you can guaranteed if use youre tips ico can big succes
ico can hardcap sold out if use youre tips

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:24:46 AM

Airdrop is crap.Basicly paying for increasing a number.There won't be any new members which will stay and start convos there once the airdrop ended.
The ugly truth is sometimes you are required to have these numbers even everyone knows they are fake to hit exchanges requirements.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:08:57 PM

Some pretty good tips I must say. The thing is that a lot of ICOs do not really value the importance of keeping an active community and retaining that community in the long run. So far we have only seen how a lot of developers, usually just keep their investors in a limbo and not even having an idea what is going on and even after the ICO, there should still always be some community engagement going on as this how a project will be able to keep up with support and encourage by announcing further developments.

Airdrop is crap.Basicly paying for increasing a number.There won't be any new members which will stay and start convos there once the airdrop ended.
But OP is just talking the different one. In my experience also had not achieved anything big out of airdrop but had killed my time. Also I incurred negative income due to transaction fees for moving to exchange. Maybe airdrop works only for owners and not for its participants as per OP's view too.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:16:24 PM

you can guaranteed if use youre tips ico can big succes
ico can hardcap sold out if use youre tips
I cant deny those tips are good but its quite surprising for a Hero member do tell an assurance about these matters.

The ugly truth is sometimes you are required to have these numbers even everyone knows they are fake to hit exchanges requirements.
That's the sad truth but as a project owner you would really do such step to accumulate users yet theres still a possibility that those people who do joined up on airdrops they would able to get some investors but very small chances because most of them would just aim for free tokens not really tending to make any funding.

makawawa

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:38:31 AM

I think you explained very well.Now a days telegram doing a bi key role in ICOs. It's good key point for gathering investors via good discussions about the project  Smiley
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

Airdrop is not bad, it is just a marketing strategy and a way for some ICOs to build a community of holders, so, if it is your intention to get rich fast, then you should not be bothering yourself when it comes to participating in airdrops in the first place and by that, no one is stopping you from doing other things to earn or possibly just investing directly if you have the funds.

Not to divert too much, what the OP has stated is something that is a whole lot good for a very sound project and a great team. Without the community these days, you are nothing and you need to always give a good first impression and keep that impression going for new investors as the keep coming and that can really help a lot with the promotion of the project.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:40:11 PM

1. Community management is tedious and very undervalued
3. Being Always Online is key
8. Always Keep Your Community Updated

These 3 would be just a basic stuff when you do tend to handle telegram group.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: