Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:44:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So I've Become a Merit Source... Need Some Advice  (Read 1068 times)
YGRJ

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:28:14 AM

which country are you from
i think u can check on your own country local board
as i know, many local board lack of merit source now
there are a numbers of people can write a lot of quality post but they can write in English well
so they only post in local post
they need your help

iLink2Music.co     ●     PRE-ICO LIVE     ●     J O I N   U S
|   THE POWER TO SHARE & CONNECT GLOBAL MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT   |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:21:36 AM

My last post is quite informative. It may deserve some merits.
Not today buddy. Better to interact more and build a healthy discussion.

As what others said, create a dedicated thread for merit and members can quote their best post that they think deserve a merit. Ideally, some posts that deserve to be merited is somehow needed to dig since spam posts flooded the threads. Somehow, we can see their effort to construct a post even it seems that they're struggling.

they need your help
Make sense. And by narrowing the choices it will be more easier than scanning the whole forum.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:34:02 PM

As what others said, create a dedicated thread for merit and members can quote their best post that they think deserve a merit. Ideally, some posts that deserve to be merited is somehow needed to dig since spam posts flooded the threads. Somehow, we can see their effort to construct a post even it seems that they're struggling.

Perhaps this is the right decision.
There are excellent newcomers who write good posts in personal councils, and accordingly they need to be rewarded with merits too. For them it is both motivation and stimulation for receiving merits.
I repeat once again that I am ready to create such a flow and moderate it.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 09:41:44 PM

It's really a hard time to be a merit source since it will be your full responsibility because sustaining and giving inspiration to those newbie takes time. There's a lot of newbies here and I don't think those accounts can post quality threads unless they're good at composing statements or they're existing here long time ago.

As what others said, create a dedicated thread for merit and members can quote their best post that they think deserve a merit. Ideally, some posts that deserve to be merited is somehow needed to dig since spam posts flooded the threads.

A part of it was a good idea to let @tokenweed see those are deserving but It'll just attract merit abusers like for example;
I saw that this person(merit source) gives merits to newbie good posters, and I'll create a new one then abuse the system since I'm good at posting.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:19:01 PM

I would recommend giving out merits to newbies that don't have an extensive history of either bounty spamming or shitposting. If you really want to find merit worthy newbies, try looking through the signature campaign spreadsheets of several bounties and see who deserves a boost.

Here's one of mine to start you off;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mHRId-ZxQQXQAjKZtTeqCTMorDFeL2QOp2kk4Lol9OM/edit#gid=1237293161

You can see my comments to help direct your attention.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:34:02 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 09:32:29 PM by NavI_027

Quote from: tokeweed link=topic=5037560.msg46153560#msg46153560
That's the thing.  I'm doing that and I haven't found one newbie that deserved a merit.
Oh boy! This where the real challenge starts Grin. I hope you can still be able to find someone.

What if you try some kind of deduction. You can pick only boards where a good quality conversations are occurring (e.g. Meta, Serious Discussion, Technical Dicussions) and give merits to those newbies who are participating because it is very rare to see a newbie having the guts to lure on boards with high-quality discussions. Or try to avoid every single megathread because it is usually the den of spammers, only focus on fresh and meaningful threads and try to find for a deserving newbie. By doing these, you will be able to minimize the scope of your work which results to less fatigue feeling and connsume of time.

(Edited)
Adesuwa1

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:02:10 AM

Been a Merit source comes with so much responsibility. You will need to be devoting maybe 2hrs daily  5days a week to reading post. I think you doing it for humanity and it's worth it. Also asking newbie to sending their post for reviews will help a deal. Wish you the best in your new assignment.
thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:31:23 AM

It might sound simple but ain't going to be an easy task. However, giving out merit is subjective and varies amongst individual. Some have standards and other are based on feelings. You have to do what best suits you. All the best of luck

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Alone055

Activity: 998
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 05:52:54 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

That best way to support Newbie on this forum, i think one merit is good choice, because too much merits will make more user do spam and shitpost  Grin

I see you have no Merits, but I still find you spamming and shitposting in about every single thread that provides you the opportunity to do so. So, what about no Merits for the likes of you, who are desperately looking for this 'One' Merit these days so that they can continue to do what the new changes are supposed to stop?

Its the mentality or the quality within a person that doesn't let him write useless things somewhere. The amount of appreciation he gets would make no difference in that, in any way. So it is not giving less Merits that can stop the spam, but it is giving them to the right people that would do it in the long run.

zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 08:46:22 AM

~snip
It's up to you how you'll use it. Make your own settings where to start, maybe on your local board will be nice. There are a lot of posts out there waiting to get merit but don't push yourself too much to find them, it might affect your sense of appreciation when you got stressed. There is always another day.

And now for the best / worst part. Be prepared, now you declared that you're a merit source, newbies might nuke you with PMs or someone will judge your way of giving merit, just ignore them.  Smiley

dvdrewritable

Merit: 13

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:16:37 PM
Merited by hajimasan (3)

theymos suggested that I'd give merits to some newbies in the forum who make good posts, but then I don't wanna waste too much time looking at threads for hours just to find one. 

Is there another merit source in here?  I wanna distribute merit by looking at his (or her) sent merits, read the posts where the merits were sent myself and see if it deserves some additional merits from me as well...  Can I do that?  Cheesy

I know...  I'm lazy.  But I wanna spread the love.  Lol.
You truely are lazy but its really good you want to spread some love. Well being a merit source is quite responsible work as there are a number of peoples here who are looking for some merits to rank up. (Including me Grin)

Also i don't think that you can find plenty other merit sources as theymos once stated:-
I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.
You can still get in touch of some merit sources.

I would prefer you to look for some boards on your own to really find some intresting posts as the forum itself has a lot of intresting posts as well. If you are not that interested in finding some usefull post, you can also find some of the funniest post and try giving them merits because each user here owns the right to rankup i guess.

▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     I  D  Ξ  A  O  L  O  G  Y     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
SUPPORT BRIGHT IDEAS THROUGH CROWDFUNDING
Follow us on:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Youtube
ndico

Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:44:41 PM

I think a merit source, you don't need to bother yourself much, a good idea to merit members, is to check out your favorite section, everyone has a particular section they always visit when they enters the forum, So always go to your favorite section and merit some topics and reply of some members.

riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 05:46:26 PM

The length does not matter the post must contain quality not quantity and it should  not be coped from any other source.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Devan1995

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:58:25 PM

Hello friends my self dev from India state haryana so i am create a little sms If your Merits keep increasing every 30 days then you are a merit source,if that was same as when the airdropped merit given at the time of merit system implemented you are not but it doesn't meant that you dn't have to merit anyone,just merit the posts if you think the posts are worthy to merit because airdropped merits may decay at any time.
RobinMorajker

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 06:07:42 PM

Man I need some merit. Ive got 0.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3035

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:11:30 PM

Man I need some merit. Ive got 0.

So get your ass up and do something for it and dont beg !

Lazy dude lol  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: