Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:44:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Telegram Scam!!  (Read 489 times)
Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:56:32 AM

Yes, it happens and such messages are sent often on ico groups. In theory, the project itself should contact a particular exchange and not the exchange to write it in a telegram as it is not serious. Especially since they write that they are from the new Asian exchanges about which no one has heard. It seems that they just want to cheat and there will be no listing of the token to the exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
catsmile

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:58:59 AM

Right. Currently on the telegram many scam cases. Not only that, they cheated in more ways. So as a Telegram user, be careful and watch out for strangers when they send you private messages.
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 11:20:09 AM

This is not a new kind of fraud. People have always written and will write stupid messages in telegrams.

They promise gold mountains in ICO projects or other services. Be attentive and always check the official contracts of companies

hansbans

Activity: 380

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:28:37 AM

Correspondence in telegram groups is very dangerous. Sometimes fake bounty managers or admins, you can request personal information from you, people who introduce you may harm. We must pay much attention. We've seen things like this for a long time.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:45:31 PM

I noticed recently in many telegram groups that there are people posting messages trying to contact admins about listing their token on their exchange. This is a new type of scam that is actually trying to lore newbies who might be desperate and want to have some sh¥tcoin that they are holding to get listed. Once the newbie contacts the poster of the scam exchange message then they will try to get information about their wallet; etc.. People don’t be gullible; if someone is a representative of an exchange they know how to get in contact with the project via email or other methods. They will not go into a public TG room to try to get a listing. That’s just absurd and we should all be careful of such scams.
There will always be different types and level of scam every single time and I believe that as time goes on, there will be more. It is only left for each individual to be smart to never give any of their private information to anyone or any website all in the name of some listing or whatever move the scammers may want to approach with.

By this stage, I believe that most people should be enlightened enough on how to stay secured and connected to the way things should be done in terms of securing their assets rather than getting gullible and falling a victim. It looks though like telegram is the new home for scammers in which they get to target their prey.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:45:40 PM

Still not as interesting as Nigerian Prince Email.
Talat10gu

Activity: 279

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:33:37 PM

Scam is growing very fast it is like tumor of the crypto that kills it inside. Telegram is stronger platform so I believe that it will solve this problem faster that other resources.

SilverCup08

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:30:47 PM

Thank you for posting it. It's always good to be aware than be victimized although I have always been very careful with my cryptos but still, we can never tell sometimes if we are dealing with someone legit or not. This is indeed a risky business so it always pay to be vigilant all the time.
vandeam

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:10:27 AM

Be more careful, there are a lot of scammers in telegram that want to get your private key. Also most of them disguised themselves as bounty managers and try to sell tokens to you. Remember that bounty manager never write the first.

gefander

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:15:16 AM

I noticed recently in many telegram groups that there are people posting messages trying to contact admins about listing their token on their exchange. This is a new type of scam that is actually trying to lore newbies who might be desperate and want to have some sh¥tcoin that they are holding to get listed. Once the newbie contacts the poster of the scam exchange message then they will try to get information about their wallet; etc.. People don’t be gullible; if someone is a representative of an exchange they know how to get in contact with the project via email or other methods. They will not go into a public TG room to try to get a listing. That’s just absurd and we should all be careful of such scams.
This method of fraud is now very often used, alas, a lot of people who do not understand anything in wallets and are ready to provide a private key on demand or make a transfer in the hope of getting tokens. I think that's why the United States banned non-accredited investors from participating in crowdfunding.
annajacob92

Activity: 133

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:46:31 AM

This situation with scam is becoming worse and worse every day. Telegram was the last platform that I thought would not be scammed. It's pity to see that.
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:07:01 PM

This is also one of the orders of the day when it comes to scam in the crypto space. I see this to be predominant in many projects that i am in. Scammers device different means these days.
Some project team or admin that know about it, would just tell them to mail and send their proposal to a particular email. Which is one of the ways to wade them off.
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:47:38 PM

Thanks for sharing this useful information for everyone in this forum who may come across it. Scammers are getting more sophisticated and bringing techniques daily, we must be smart in order not to fall for their shady deals.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:25:00 PM

The fake trading platform agents are too much in all telegram group these days, contacting group admin for listing this method look stupid to me good exchange can't be going to that extend to list new coins.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
ekateriinae

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Try as hard as you can!

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:34:27 PM

I hate this scammer when they contact me in telegram and also my Twitter and Facebook. They offer me something that not make sense at all. Just report this kind of people's and block them. Do not trust unknown person from cryptocurrency. I never trust whoever's that chat me.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:38:10 PM

One of the recent telegram scam I have noticed is the one where people create a group and name it Binance Giveaway or something similar just to scam people. They usually have people who claim to have receive 10X of their money after sending BTC or ETH to a particular address. Please everyone really need to be careful now.
andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:39:32 PM

Very strange scam to say at least)) Personally I would never fall into such an absurd deception if even I were seeking to list my shitcoin on some exchange. It's straight clear the admins of exchanges would never contact you first via telegram and ask for some private info or just to send all of your crypto to them))

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:48:52 PM

It's true what you say, recently there were many new scams on the telegram. Last month, I was cheated and my wallet was hacked. For others, be careful with telegram fraud, enough for me to become a victim.

Try to explain how you can become a victim? from the first time to the end so everyone knows the flow of the incident so that there will be no more victims like you

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
dutechman

Activity: 199

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:08:01 PM

Part of what I have also observed as telegram scam, I don't know if I'm right, is that some people or somebody will just create a fake airdrop and invite people to participate by chatting with the BOT. They promise participants huge amount of their fake coins. At the end of a very long wait for the coin to enter your wallet, eventually there won't be anything. I think they are using that telegram groups they're creating with their fraudulent coins for something.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 07:18:41 PM

I've noticed some people claiming they are employee in some exchanges and they want to contact the developer to make an offer. I don't know if they are legit and maybe some of them and I'm sure some are impostors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: