Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:30:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Pump and Dump  (Read 139 times)
Mary Ofosuhene (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:10:41 AM

What is bitcoin pump and dump all about? I was surfing the internet where I came across some notes talking about how bitcoin pump and dump influences the value of bitcoin, however I didn't really get the concept well. I thought it wise that the bitcointalk forum will help me understand the concept better since the forum is flooded with lot of crypto enthusiast. Can someone explain better what bitcoin pump and dump is all about?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDamon

Activity: 99
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:35:25 AM

It's really hard to pump and dump bitcoin. You need to have billions of dollars to do that for you to be able to manipulate the value.
There are some rumors that whales are manipulating bitcoin values, it's possible but its quite risky when it comes to playing with
huge amount of money.

Small value tokens and altcoins are usually the always ones being pumped and dumped. Actually there
are some groups that do pump and dump.

What I understand about pump and dump is when pumping up bitcoin or any altcoin whales are purchasing a very huge amount of coins in a very short span of time.
During the dumping period all of those bitcoins or tokens are sold instantly even in a single transaction order.
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:39:27 AM

pump and dump This term is very popular in the world of crypto when in forex, this term can be called as bullish and bearish. dump can be regarded as a price direction movement that tends to decline from the price of ICO or daily prices that have occurred.

whereas the pump is where the investors make massive buying action at the same time, so the price becomes positive in a short time
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:46:30 AM

What is bitcoin pump and dump all about?

it is about some idiots who don't understand how the market works trying to explain it to themselves trying to come up with some sort of excuse explaining why they lost money in bitcoin, instead of looking at reality and accepting the fact that they lost money because they listened to the FUD by some random dude on the internet.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Aloon

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:46:52 PM

By pumping, someone/people create a hype surrounding their project that makes you believe that it is worth a lot of money, once you have purchased it, they reveal it's worth or you understand it for yourself, which is very lower that expected, that's the dump. So, pump and dump is all about creating a hype and spoiling it later.
glyncrypto

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:07:30 AM

It is very tough and almost impossible to pump and dump BTC. as creating a false hype is not an option in a already saturated market. If pump and dump was the case then BTC would have seen constant rise in price for the last few months, which is not happening rather it is a shaky graph.
Instiktiv

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:11:40 PM

I compare the crypto-currency market with the market share. On growth and fall there are news and speculation.  What is the exception?
daedalus8

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:44:44 AM

I have read that someone create channel telegram for doing pump and dump a coin, truthly they is scammer that puppet you to gain profit also from their follower

‗/‾‾\__   ☆☆☆TrustedCar Flex ☆☆☆  __/‾‾\‗
╘Θ══Θ.╛ https://ico.trustedcars.com╘.Θ══Θ╛
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: