Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:07:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayun Zig Z1 - Lyra2Rev2 6.8GH/s Asic miner  (Read 42417 times)
DMX_DMX

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:48:11 PM

Question on setup. You can choose 3 pools. Is that one per hashboard or does the miner only hash one pool at a time? Are the three pools like 1 primary and 2 backup pools? Not sure how that works? If they are 3 separate hashing pools could you set all three to the same pool? 3 workers?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yrk1957 (OP)

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:41:29 PM

Question on setup. You can choose 3 pools. Is that one per hashboard or does the miner only hash one pool at a time? Are the three pools like 1 primary and 2 backup pools? Not sure how that works? If they are 3 separate hashing pools could you set all three to the same pool? 3 workers?

1. The miner has 4 hash boards
2. The 3 pools are for backups, so, the first pool is the primary pool, the 2 remaining pools are back ups in case the connection is lost at your primary pool.
3. No, you cannot assign individual hash boards to individual pools.

Though you can setup AwesomeMiner to switch pools based upon profitability.
dudemancool

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:07:35 AM

Updated firmware this morning on mine. Now it switches between the first server and 2nd choice a couple times throughout the day. It didn't do that before. I haven't noticed any improvement in the other issues you are all seeing with the new firmware.

On nicehash I have tried running it with and without the #xnsub command, and the graph actually seems more stable without it. Although the connection time keeps resetting to 0.

After the update, I can't run it above 800. I lose about 4-5 chips per board at 825. A couple chips overall won't turn green even at 800. Before the update I ran at 800 with all chips green.
kris_amotic

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:43:56 AM

dayun zig z1 plus is coming soon. i think it is updated zig z1 nothing change just software updated. Anyone do you have info about zig z1 plus.

source?

only source i found is here:
https://www.akminer.com/all-products/the-worlds-first-the-most-power-efficient-28nm-lyra2rev2-asic-miner-dayun-zig-z1
They say it has >7.0Gh/s

But on the other hand, in the Dayun shop i can only find the standard Z1:
https://dayun.company/shop/

So i think there is no new miner coming...but who knows.

i strongly thing its a scam site. crypto only. and they copied the icon from bitmain website (made a screenshot and edited the text). very unprofessional lol.
"Beware of phishing scams - xxxx only accepts orders through our official website."

This website www.akminer.com is real, because website owner has shared me some purchase order information, some buyer I have confirmed with them was real order and no scam.
yrk1957 (OP)

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:48:24 AM

dayun zig z1 plus is coming soon. i think it is updated zig z1 nothing change just software updated. Anyone do you have info about zig z1 plus.

source?

only source i found is here:
https://www.akminer.com/all-products/the-worlds-first-the-most-power-efficient-28nm-lyra2rev2-asic-miner-dayun-zig-z1
They say it has >7.0Gh/s

But on the other hand, in the Dayun shop i can only find the standard Z1:
https://dayun.company/shop/

So i think there is no new miner coming...but who knows.

i strongly thing its a scam site. crypto only. and they copied the icon from bitmain website (made a screenshot and edited the text). very unprofessional lol.
"Beware of phishing scams - xxxx only accepts orders through our official website."

This website www.akminer.com is real, because website owner has shared me some purchase order information, some buyer I have confirmed with them was real order and no scam.

Well, that’s a great first post endorsement, lol!

Though, I know akminer.com is real, but I think the question is about Dayun.company. But there are plenty of sellers with Zig, like akminer, so you don’t really have to bother about Dayun.company.

x8664amd

Activity: 129
Merit: 6

Long term HODLer since 2014

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:49:16 AM

Does anyone know who's behind the Dayun mining company? It seems quite secretive with very little information available online.

Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful. Just HODL.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 06:15:16 AM

Does anyone know who's behind the Dayun mining company? It seems quite secretive with very little information available online.

I've heard rumours them being the Pinidea company (www.pinidea.io) with new name?

But I haven't been able to confirm this.

Mordred80

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:54:54 AM

1. im 99% sure the website is not official and is a complete scam
2. you registered one day ago and promote this shop in a certain way....

Dude, you're right...i mention that shop 2-3 times i my few post, lol

To clarify:
I have no idea if that is the offical shop.
I never said/told ppl to buy something there.
I did not buy my miner there.
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:19:53 AM

I've heard rumours them being the Pinidea company (www.pinidea.io) with new name?

i also thought this because of the miner design they look very similar
but my contact from pinidea said there is no connection
mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:41:27 PM

i also thought this because of the miner design they look very similar
but my contact from pinidea said there is no connection

As noted above by someone, I am almost positive the new Zig Z1+ is just a firmware update.  If I was willing to risk my $4500 ASIC by buying another one and trying to flash it with the updated firmware I would... But I don't have the guts to try it.  I can echomost people here, I get an average of about 6.2 Gh/s at 850 and its been stable for 4 days now.  BUT that includes about 5-7% stale shares.  Hopefully an updaated firmware will come out that allows some of the CGMiner parameters to be changed like Scan-time, Expiry and other settings that would probably reduce stale shares.  Hopefully it comes at a decent time. 

Either way, to my knowledge, this is the only company selling Lyra2Rev2 asics and it is clearly not even close to as large as Bitmain, so we may get a few months of decent returns before they really flood the market (whenever Bitmain gets around to it)
Mordred80

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:15:40 PM

As noted above by someone, I am almost positive the new Zig Z1+ is just a firmware update.  If I was willing to risk my $4500 ASIC by buying another one and trying to flash it with the updated firmware I would... But I don't have the guts to try it.  I can echomost people here, I get an average of about 6.2 Gh/s at 850 and its been stable for 4 days now.  BUT that includes about 5-7% stale shares.  Hopefully an updaated firmware will come out that allows some of the CGMiner parameters to be changed like Scan-time, Expiry and other settings that would probably reduce stale shares.  Hopefully it comes at a decent time. 

Either way, to my knowledge, this is the only company selling Lyra2Rev2 asics and it is clearly not even close to as large as Bitmain, so we may get a few months of decent returns before they really flood the market (whenever Bitmain gets around to it)

Also hoping for a new firmware to change some CGMiner parameters.
I exportet the miner.json file over the Settings page but there are not much settings you can change.
Maybe you can add some parameters there, maybe...but i didn't try it.

My miner, compared to yours, is running at 900MHz with an average hashrate of 6.4-6.6 GH/s. My Rejected rates are between 1-3%
But, i need/have to reboot the miner after 24-36h. And most of the time i need to reboot it serveral times before it goes back to normal.
mattaero

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:24:39 PM

I exportet the miner.json file over the Settings page but there are not much settings you can change.

My miner, compared to yours, is running at 900MHz with an average hashrate of 6.4-6.6 GH/s. My Rejected rates are between 1-3%
But, i need/have to reboot the miner after 24-36h. And most of the time i need to reboot it serveral times before it goes back to normal.

Yeah I have tried making changes to the config and json file from my computer, but it makes the miner unable to function and I end up having to reformat and create a new boot drive.  It is very irritating, so I just use the stock settings.

As for hashrate, I can run at 900 mhz for about 6-8 hours getting about 6.4, but then hashboard 3 almost always fails and I have to restart.  Annoying but I don't seem to have any problems at 850.
mattaero

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:30:57 PM

It is also possible that I have problems with stale shares because I have 7 asics  of different kinds going through 1 switch, so since I can't make changes to the CGMiner settings, it may be causing some sort of bottleneck and causing the stale shares at nicehash.
kris_amotic

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:40:19 PM

As I know Dayun mining company was a small but very good / low profile company, I heared someone from Japan bought second Z1 miner machine today from www.akminer.com too.

I know www.akminer.com is was from this forum https://askmona.org/3738?n=1000, I don't know Japanese but I have use google translate to understand it's because like everybody in the beginning I have doubt www.akminer.com too.
mattaero

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:07:04 PM

Yeah I have tried making changes to the config and json file from my computer, but it makes the miner unable to function and I end up having to reformat and create a new boot drive.  It is very irritating, so I just use the stock settings.

As for hashrate, I can run at 900 mhz for about 6-8 hours getting about 6.4, but then hashboard 3 almost always fails and I have to restart.  Annoying but I don't seem to have any problems at 850.

Also, what pool are you mining on? 
Mordred80

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:24:10 PM

Also, what pool are you mining on? 

I'm mining on NiceHash.
newgencryptomaker

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:53:27 PM

Dear friends new firmware upload
Thank you
Advance
mattaero

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:46:20 PM

Dear friends new firmware upload
Thank you
Advance

Where is the new firmware?

Thanks!
willm91384

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:08:04 AM

Try setting your first pool to something other than nicehash.
also noticed: -check-testnonce": false, w/ #xnsub added.

BAH this is so frustrating.

I created a new boot drive using an extra USB I had laying around, and literally nothing happens when I put it in except the fans turning on.

The red light appears to always be on or flashing as well.  I think I got a defective one. 

Anyone know how I contact Dayun to try and send it in?

Well I finally got it working (ish)  It had to do with requiring a static IP vs a dynamic one.  I had to go into my router and set a static IP and then followed a video sent by my chinese supplier (which was super helpful) to set it up.

NOW I just have a bunch of rejected shares at Suprnova... fml.

I seem to be having the same problem as you were setting up my Zig Z1.  I created a new flashdrive from image file, updated firmware, changed frequency to 800, nothing is working.  Any suggestions?  thanks
newgencryptomaker

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:48:37 AM

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=5435620044&photo_id=501137769988

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=5435620044&photo_id=501137770401

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=5435620044&photo_id=501137769762

why not stable hashrate

help me

thank you
advance
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: