Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:06:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayun Zig Z1 - Lyra2Rev2 6.8GH/s Asic miner  (Read 42417 times)
esol

Activity: 41
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:31:31 AM

this URL redirects to PhotoBox home page...
could PM the pict itself or give me clear instructions?
thanks!

User 'esol' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.
therefore i could not.

it opens but i uploaded another site.

Ok, now I've been able to open the pict...
but unfortunately that setting didn't solve the issue, it has been the first thing I've tried...
I've also edited by SSH every config file containing FAN settings, but no way...

The problem is that the main board don't recognise the RPM sensor possibly for a burned component (fan is working fine), the dashboard always reports zero RPM for the out fan and keep rebooting in an endless loop...

I guess I have two options only:
1 - recompile the firmare after having hard excluded any fan check, but who knows where to get the source code?
2 - replace the logic board, but I neither know where to ask for tech support as DaYun it's a real ghost company!

Any hints?
thnx
/E

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
metnet

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:59:42 AM

thanks!

User 'esol' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.
therefore i could not.

it opens but i uploaded another site. http://i64.tinypic.com/a299c3.png
 https://ibb.co/k0ofXf

but unfortunately that setting didn't solve the issue, it has been the first thing I've tried...
I've also edited by SSH every config file containing FAN settings, but no way...

The problem is that the main board don't recognise the RPM sensor possibly for a burned component (fan is working fine), the dashboard always reports zero RPM for the out fan and keep rebooting in an endless loop...

1 - recompile the firmare after having hard excluded any fan check, but who knows where to get the source code?

2 - replace the logic board, but I neither know where to ask for tech support as DaYun it's a real ghost company!

Any hints?
thnx
/E

yes there is no source code. yes you are right even though company who manufacture this device unknown.
disk images of dayun zig z1 are full of trojan and hacking material.
esol

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:37:10 AM

thanks!

therefore i could not.

it opens but i uploaded another site.

Any hints?
thnx
/E

yes there is no source code. yes you are right even though company who manufacture this device unknown.
disk images of dayun zig z1 are full of trojan and hacking material.

yesterday I've sent a mail to the owner of Google Drive repository of ZIG firmware (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jklZzNDkBKDxHUQKd5V9kKiu_QWlcUug -> zigminer2018@gmail.com), but he didn't reply...

My Z1 is down since 3 days and I have no options to repair it... very annoying situation

I'm going to ask to my CN partner in Shanghai to investigate

Anybody else that can find some verified info about DaYun?
daniel3989

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:20:45 PM

Received my miner on Monday. (Thank god!, ordered from dayunmining.com and was worried it was a scam as I didn't research before I bought)
However I am not getting the advertised profit, asicminervalue stated that it would be getting $60USD per day, yet currently I am barely getting half of that. Can anyone help me? I have updated it to the latest firmware.
Mordred80

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:02:43 PM

Hey Daniel

I'm sorry to tell you that the advertised profit you saw is long gone...
If you wanna know why, you should start read from page 21.
Page 21: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5038441.400

Received my miner on Monday. (Thank god!, ordered from dayunmining.com and was worried it was a scam as I didn't research before I bought)
However I am not getting the advertised profit, asicminervalue stated that it would be getting $60USD per day, yet currently I am barely getting half of that. Can anyone help me? I have updated it to the latest firmware.
esol

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:04:57 PM

so you can confirm dayunmining.com is not a scam?
From which location they did ship?
Have you got the shipper address from the courier waybill?

The point is that every new small vendor in China is borderline, unstable and unreliable, buying from other than BitMain it's always a kind of gambling!

About yields, you have just to hope it wont fall below current 18-20 USD/day as the ZIG ASICs flood caused a huge algo hash-power and difficulty rise.

I'm sorry to say that things can only get worst for the future, as much more miners  are put in production, as much the profit drops...

/ E
esol

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:14:34 PM

wow, not good.. vertcoin network hashrate went from 1.35Th/s to 3.4Th/s, monacoin went from 4Th/s to 8Th/s. Guess some big mining operation or a more powerful asic came online

I see, let me guess...

Soon Bitmain will announce a new lyra2rev2 asic that will be shippend in 1-2month.
Truth is, the miners are already build and they are using them before they sell them...just a theory but some ppl say this happend before.

Yeah, very possible. There were some big orders pending too (we have that info from the factory). Probably they got shipped out last week and have been connected last night. Dayun is not very open at communications since its said also that the actual factory is Pangolin (At least our hashboards that were dead were sent to the Whatsminer factory)...Playing little games the Chinese as usual. The A9 has shown good stability and is now again our main target when stocking up our farm...

still not get confirmed news from China market ,will let u know if any internal news we got ,

I am internal too my friend Smiley But always good if you share some more insights. I am in China myself, just Friday I went to the factory checking on our miner order for this week.

Nǐhǎo Chinese buds!

could someone provide me a verified official tech support contact as my Z1 needs urgent repair?

any help is very appreciated!

Xiéxié Zàijiàn
/ Enrico

hobbyguy242

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:27:18 PM

Had my miner for a couple weeks. Updated the firmware. The hashrate droops to zero every couple hours. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes I have to manually reset it. I have tried Nicehash and prohashing, same issue at both pools.

CAN ANYONE HELP?
Yezzzuurrr

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:46:35 PM

Hi, i had some issues as well, but since i put all 3 servers in the dashboard (europe japan and usa) it just switches between if there are pool issues and it keeps on going...

Had my miner for a couple weeks. Updated the firmware. The hashrate droops to zero every couple hours. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes I have to manually reset it. I have tried Nicehash and prohashing, same issue at both pools.

CAN ANYONE HELP?
hobbyguy242

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:47:37 PM

Hi, i had some issues as well, but since i put all 3 servers in the dashboard (europe japan and usa) it just switches between if there are pool issues and it keeps on going...

On which pool? Nicehash?
Mordred80

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:47:46 PM

Hey

I've tried different firmwares and the best i've found is version 20180930
Stable hashrate, no need to reset the miner and overclockings works also good.

CAN ANYONE HELP?
mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:00:07 PM

Hey

CAN ANYONE HELP?

That is interesting.  I had the opposite experience.  I rolled everything back to the original firmware and although the interface mining numbers are garbage, my actual pool hash rate, with overclock, is over 7.2 gh/s with my original Zig Z1. (prohashing)  When I put the 09/30 or 10/15 firmware, it would crash and have horrible hashrates with the overclock.

Either way, I am trying to sell it, but that is because I have super strict requirements through my work as it pertains to mining cryptocurrency (since I work in securities law) so it is a massive extra headache to have to preclear all my mining ever 3 days
hobbyguy242

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:04:20 PM

I guess I should've said that I bought the Zig Z1+

Any experiences with that miner doing this?
Yezzzuurrr

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:09:01 PM

On which pool? Nicehash?

Yes 3 nicehash pools, im located in europe so i have eu first then JP and then USA ... i also tried #xnsub but that doesnt work out for me, with xnsub on i have a lot more rejects and the hashrate is not stable
mattaero

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:40:26 PM

Anyone have a good suggestion (besides craigslist) for selling the miner for USD?  Ebay and Amazon worry me because of the potential for scammers and the liberal return requirements...
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:44:26 PM

today i tried to setup two Z1s but NONE of them is hashing -.-

tried different firmwares, all the same "

no graph is loading.. "The miner may not boot"

WHY THE FCK???

pools are nicehash..anybody else had the problem?
maybe pendrives are too slow? when i write image i only get about 3-5MB/s...so quite crappy ones

im not stupid. i know how to setup asics but this piece of shit drives me crazy..so time consuming.. thanks god these are not my personal units
mattaero

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:57:49 PM

today i tried to setup two Z1s but NONE of them is hashing -.-

tried different firmwares, all the same "

no graph is loading.. "The miner may not boot"

WHY THE FCK???

pools are nicehash..anybody else had the problem?
maybe pendrives are too slow? when i write image i only get about 3-5MB/s...so quite crappy ones

im not stupid. i know how to setup asics but this piece of shit drives me crazy..so time consuming.. thanks god these are not my personal units

Maybe the USB drive.  But when I did it, I found I had to use Imageusb.exe everal times to get it to work right.  I also found I had much better success with the original firmware than the later ones...  It took the overclock setting much better for me.

I also had lots of issues with nicehash, though others don't seem to.  I had like 10-15% stale shares.
Gstamato3113

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:46:18 PM

Hey

CAN ANYONE HELP?

where can i find 20180930? is it for z1+? please advise. i have the same instability problem.
hobbyguy242

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:03:00 PM

Hey

CAN ANYONE HELP?

where can i find 20180930? is it for z1+? please advise. i have the same instability problem.

I was running the 9/30 and still having some issues.... except they were different issues. I just went back to the 9/30, since I updated a new USB. Working ok for now...

I would like the previous version if anyone has that one as well? 9-15 I think?
zgzg

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:56:55 PM

I have backup 20180914, only difference vs 20180926 is miner executable. Above 0926 is different linux distro. I might upload somewhere tomorrow if you wish, but on earlier pages was link to that if i remember

edit:
here is earlier firmware
core update = ver. 20180914 (image file)
upgrade file = ver. 20180926 (update zip from miner web)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1peQyWr55ddLdDq5jaU_jSShlEY4y_hqY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: