Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:15:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: misleading marketing from bitcoin[dot]com culprits  (Read 166 times)
inPRIVACYweBELIEVE (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 35

Earn 20% ref commission https://bit.ly/2MaHCEr

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 06:13:41 PM

Check this out! These Bcash people are shamelessly using the emotion of bitcoin. They are even doing email marketing like those hype type online business does to promote their MLM stuffs.

I got the following email from them today. Notice the way they are calling you.

Dear Bitcoiner,
Seriously! What's wrong with saying, "Dear Bitcoin Casher," or they are too ashamed to use their own coin name?

At the end they said...
Team Bitcoin[dot]com

Again, seriously! They are not bitcoin[dot]com, they should be bitcoinCash[dot]com.

ps: I hope you get the idea why I was not using the "." on their domain name.

How long these culprits will use the name of Bitcoin to promote their shitcoin and mislead people to buy into that altcoin? How do we stop it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:23:19 PM

Seriously! What's wrong with saying, "Dear Bitcoin Casher," or they are too ashamed to use their own coin name?

Yes. Their altcoin can't stand on its own merit, and so their entire business model since day one has been trying to trick newbies that don't know better in to buying "the real Bitcoin". I still chuckle whenever I see that ridiculous phrase.

Rory MacDonald was sponsored by Dash earlier in the year to the tune of $250,000, so it's safe to assume BCH have offered him at least as much. Calling him a "fan" is a bit of stretch, no more true than saying that Harry Kane is a "fan" of AIA Life Insurance because they sponsor the Tottenham football club shirt. But hey, as we've learned, BitcoinCashers love to bend the truth or outright lie if it helps their trash coin stay afloat.

Still, I'm sure Rory's day job of picking up repeated concussions and traumatic brain injuries has made him a sound financial investor.
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 6365

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:01:35 AM

Is Bitcoin a trade mark? I guess not. And this is the problem.

If Bitcoin would have been a trade mark, then there would have been a way to beat these frauds. But as the things go, I would not even get surprised if they register the name and make us not use it.

I wish I could be more optimistic...  Undecided
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:57:38 AM

This is nothing new. They straight out lie on their main website offering to sell bitcoins while actually giving you Bitcoin Cash.
We had some new users on this forum a while ago that bought "Bitcoin" from bitcoin[dot]com and had some problems with using their "bitcoins".

Is Bitcoin a trade mark? I guess not. And this is the problem.

If Bitcoin would have been a trade mark, then there would have been a way to beat these frauds. But as the things go, I would not even get surprised if they register the name and make us not use it.

I wish I could be more optimistic...  Undecided

I don't think government intervention is the solution here. This is exactly what they want.
Government should stay out of this, as well as entire cyberspace in my opinion.

Verbal issues should be solved verbally.
tazmannia

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:34:23 PM

All this is fake and fraud. They use a very different domain. It is very curious why this domain does not use real bitcoin.
 Of course no one will sue the trademark, because bitcoin is a public domain. Satoshi Nakamoto will not exactly resurrect and tell these scammers that they are deceiving people.You can be sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: