Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPIP.org Chrome & FireFox Extension  (Read 18729 times)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 10:40:44 AM

Just a heads up, I tested the extension in Firefox, it seems to work well.

Also tested it in Firefox 63.0b11 (64-bit) and it works like a charm.
Thanks for adding Firefox support so quickly! Installing it this way was dead easy, but I'm sure people will appreciate it being added to Mozilla Add-ons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Initscri (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 10:18:36 PM

Also tested it in Firefox 63.0b11 (64-bit) and it works like a charm.
Thanks for adding Firefox support so quickly! Installing it this way was dead easy, but I'm sure people will appreciate it being added to Mozilla Add-ons.

Thanks for the kind words! I'll probably end up adding an icon to it so that the default icon doesn't show though lol. (I'm assuming the green icon is the FF default)

Should have the extension up on both app stores shortly. I just have to iron out the details & get everything setup Smiley

Once  I add the icon, I may make some options on that icon itself (the one that goes on your browser window header). Are there any options requests? For example, settings, ability to turn on/off, etc?

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 10:37:57 AM

-snip-

Thanks for the kind words! I'll probably end up adding an icon to it so that the default icon doesn't show though lol. (I'm assuming the green icon is the FF default)

Should have the extension up on both app stores shortly. I just have to iron out the details & get everything setup Smiley

Once  I add the icon, I may make some options on that icon itself (the one that goes on your browser window header). Are there any options requests? For example, settings, ability to turn on/off, etc?

Yeah it's the Firefox default icon for extensions, also it gets completely removed when I restart Firefox, so adding it to the store would be very helpful Cheesy

I'm not sure what kind of settings you could add, except for the ability to turn it on and off.
Change of position or size of the icon perhaps? Though I'm not sure if there would be a good alternative place to put it.

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 02:49:02 AM

-snip-

Once  I add the icon, I may make some options on that icon itself (the one that goes on your browser window header). Are there any options requests? For example, settings, ability to turn on/off, etc?

Yeah it's the Firefox default icon for extensions, also it gets completely removed when I restart Firefox, so adding it to the store would be very helpful Cheesy

I'm not sure what kind of settings you could add, except for the ability to turn it on and off.
Change of position or size of the icon perhaps? Though I'm not sure if there would be a good alternative place to put it.

Ah ok, true. I wasn't aware that it get's removed on every FF launch.

I'll make it a top priority to get it into the app store for Firefox then. For the time being, you could technically load it into GreaseMonkey (I believe it should work, untested).

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
https://tampermonkey.net/ (For chrome & other browsers)

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:12:25 AM

Really love the extension but bumped on some weird "bug".

Till now I cannot open this account, I guess the problem is in BPIP side not the extension but I'll report it here first.

I just reported this guy for plagiarism but when I open his profile trough the extension got redirected the the BPIP.org home page.

Ghost251

His BPIP link.
https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=Ghost251

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 07:16:32 AM

Really love the extension but bumped on some weird "bug".

Till now I cannot open this account, I guess the problem is in BPIP side not the extension but I'll report it here first.

I just reported this guy for plagiarism but when I open his profile trough the extension got redirected the the BPIP.org home page.

Ghost251

His BPIP link.

Hmm, that is weird. I think it's because he's been archived on BPIP: https://bpip.org/profilearchive.aspx?p=Ghost251

@Vod, any thoughts on how I should handle this? Is there any way you can redirect profile links for archived users to the profilearchive links instead?

IE: https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=Ghost251 -> https://bpip.org/profilearchive.aspx?p=Ghost251

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:52:15 AM

I actually found an option to UNARCHIVE it on the place you manually update the profile.
After pressing it seems like it moved the profile to the active users.  

Now the link is working.

Meta Log
DateTime                                 Action                            Detail

10/8/2018 6:56:13 AM   Move to Archived Users      Autoban user
10/8/2018 7:47:31 AM   Move to Active                   Unarchive Requested

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 07:55:21 AM

I actually found an option to UNARCHIVE it on the place you manually update the profile.
After pressing it seems like it moved the profile to the active users. 

Now the link is working.

Yea, I saw that. I was a tad afraid of clicking that button, I figured it would fix it for that one specific user.

Not sure of Vod's intention for archived users, I'm assuming there is something automated going on which archives users upon autoban.

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:09:43 AM

Yea, I saw that. I was a tad afraid of clicking that button, I figured it would fix it for that one specific user.

Not sure of Vod's intention for archived users, I'm assuming there is something automated going on which archives users upon autoban.

This is possible because I checked the profile after I reported it for plagiarism, it is possible that the mods were on duty and quickly resolved the plagiarisms case and the OP ended autobanned just before I clicked his profile.
Now I took him out of the archive list, but I know for the future where to look for, and what not to do  Wink

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 08:12:49 AM

This is possible because I checked the profile after I reported it for plagiarism, it is possible that the mods were on duty and quickly resolved the plagiarisms case and the OP ended autobanned just before I clicked his profile.
Now I took him out of the archive list, but I know for the future where to look for, and what not to do  Wink

Well it's good you found the bug even for SEO alone.

Those old links should be redirecting to the new links regardless (instead of going to the home page). We'll have to wait for Vod to chime in to see his opinion.

Either way Wink If you have any requests for the plugin in general, just LMK. I'm all ears Smiley

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 11:51:24 PM

Well, right now the system is working as programmed, but it's not the best way - being build up without any planning...

When a profile is autobanned, they are marked as archived.

A visitor can request an unarchive, and that will move the profile to normal status, but it will immediately be subject to validation  - profiles that have no trust, no posts and no activity for 90 days would instantly be moved back to archive status.

An autobanned user may have posts or trust, and thus will never be moved back.    Sad

I need to rethink this system.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 12:58:10 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2018, 01:40:13 AM by Initscri

Well, right now the system is working as programmed, but it's not the best way - being build up without any planning...

When a profile is autobanned, they are marked as archived.

A visitor can request an unarchive, and that will move the profile to normal status, but it will immediately be subject to validation  - profiles that have no trust, no posts and no activity for 90 days would instantly be moved back to archive status.

An autobanned user may have posts or trust, and thus will never be moved back.    Sad

I need to rethink this system.

I'd probably remove the unarchiving feature (or throw an error) for banned profiles (since eventually they should be archived regardless), and then create a redirect as mentioned before.

IE: https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=Ghost251 -> https://bpip.org/profilearchive.aspx?p=Ghost251

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:18:59 AM

Is it possible to have the BPIP link in the profile page too, so i don't need to go every time to the last posts of the person?

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 04:31:02 PM

Is it possible to have the BPIP link in the profile page too, so i don't need to go every time to the last posts of the person?

For sure, that's planned after I get the plugins on the app store(s).

I'll most likely put a link in the "Additional Information" row.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 03:51:19 AM

Let me know as soon as you do so I can link to it from BPIP!

One idea I do have for your extension is to integrate with my membership base - forum IDs on my site will be verified to this site, so you will be able to query my site for the right click options for that ID.

I want to allow members to create custom lists that they can publish and share.  They can add to a custom list simply by right clicking on a profile name and choosing "Add to List".

BPIP reports and APIs will have the ability to filter using these custom lists.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 03:14:09 AM
Merited by Vod (5)

Let me know as soon as you do so I can link to it from BPIP!

One idea I do have for your extension is to integrate with my membership base - forum IDs on my site will be verified to this site, so you will be able to query my site for the right click options for that ID.

I want to allow members to create custom lists that they can publish and share.  They can add to a custom list simply by right clicking on a profile name and choosing "Add to List".

BPIP reports and APIs will have the ability to filter using these custom lists.

Will do! I should get to it shortly, just have to finish up a few other projects before-hand.

Sounds good to me! Maybe when you create the API, maybe permit multiple IDs (comma separated) per request. For example:

Code:
/foo/bar/get-options.aspx?users=initscri,vod,foo,bar

and then just return JSON w/ options for each of the users specified.

That way I don't have to send a request out for each user, it'll reduce load on the server & the clients computer.
Can't wait to see the API Smiley

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:25:44 PM

Just to note here, it's funny but the bug with the link to the archived users is actually a nice feature.
If the newbie is banned (and archived) the link leads to the homepage, so I don't need to look more if the guy is banned Cheesy

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 05:24:54 PM

Just to note here, it's funny but the bug with the link to the archived users is actually a nice feature.
If the newbie is banned (and archived) the link leads to the homepage, so I don't need to look more if the guy is banned Cheesy

Hah, nice catch Smiley

I can probably code something to check the status of the user & put a nice red "Archived" notice on it (if the user is detected to be archived); only concern would be the number of requests sent to BPIP per page load.

I'll await Vod to see what he comes up w/ API wise before doing so.

Heads up, I'll be looking to add the extension to the chrome store over the next couple of days. Sorry for the delays!

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:56:18 PM

I'm happy with it as it is now so no worries.
It is really helpful to check when a newbie is banned so your extension do the job even and make my life easier Smiley

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 07:44:37 PM

I'm happy with it as it is now so no worries.
It is really helpful to check when a newbie is banned so your extension do the job even and make my life easier Smiley

Well either way, I'm happy it makes your life easier & helps w/ cleaning up this forum Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: