Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:30:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blaming merit source by newbie doesn't make sense.  (Read 310 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 06:12:43 AM

Just realized right now, blaming merit source or an potential member by newbie doesn't make sense. During visit Altcoin Discussion board I was seeking to help demoted newbie. But unfortunately I used report to moderator button instead of merit button. Almost an hour I spend to find someone's for send merit. But most of post less than one line and others are just repeating same thing. That's why I realized why merit source and others potential member's discourage to visit such as board in order to help demoted newbie. Newbie with quality post are deserve merit but how to send merit for spambie. Also I noticed merit abuse on few post. People's still unable to improve their posting behaviour. Demoted newbies just blaming without improve their posting behaviour.

I believe slowly people's will change their posting behaviour in order to make decent forum. I think new merit system almost working effectively to reduce spam. Not sure how long it will take time spam free forum.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 07:23:03 AM
Merited by mk4 (1), mu_enrico (1)

Incompetent and lazy people always blame others for their poverty and lack of success. This forum has more members trying to help people than any other forum I can think of. Note the use of the word "trying", it's water, horses and drinking again, I've stopped trying to help thirsty asses, and spend time with the members who make their own way to the water holes.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1497

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 07:46:29 AM

I believe slowly people's will change their posting behaviour in order to make decent forum. I think new merit system almost working effectively to reduce spam. Not sure how long it will take time spam free forum.

I don’t think that is going to happen in the alts section, unless signatures are completely removed until they reach member status. Or until bad campaign managers are punished.

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 08:32:01 AM

<…>
I tend to look at the Beginners & Help for meritable posts by Newbies (all ranks in general, but specifically Newbies if possible). More often than not, I do not find any, but on the other hand a response from a higher rank makes the cut easily with a decent response. Lately there do seem to be less amount of posts in that section.

I used to visit Altcoin Discussion at the beginning, but got bored with the often overhyped posts and little real discussion on the altcoins themselves, which is what really one really wants to see there in order to grasp if any of them are worthwhile or not, and bring something of value to the market. Threads are generally extremely long there too,  full of easy to detect quick responses that are not thought through.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:56:27 AM

I don’t think that is going to happen in the alts section, unless signatures are completely removed until they reach member status. Or until bad campaign managers are punished.

There used to be a huge pressure on signature managers to reduce spam and it gave birth to things like SMAS, removing people with negative trust, some managers were even giving negative trust to people who abused the rules of their campaigns. As a result all those who wanted to spam moved to the altcoin section and started their campaigns there. Now there's very little campaigns in services and those that are require positive trust, merit, quality posts, while if you are a shitposter you can always join an altcoin campaign.
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:58:28 AM

In my opinion I already think general posting behavior all round the forum has greatly improved.
  Come to think of it,why will one spam,knowing fully well it wouldn't help you rank up,its pointless.Even the newly ranked Jr members who were predicted to go back to spam posts after getting that 1 merit  have not,it simply has incentivized the forum as everyone is seeking to climb up the ranks..
  The only complaint is most times meritable posts sink down unnoticed.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2135

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 10:45:24 AM

Incompetent and lazy people always blame others for their poverty and lack of success. This forum has more members trying to help people than any other forum I can think of. Note the use of the word "trying", it's water, horses and drinking again, I've stopped trying to help thirsty asses, and spend time with the members who make their own way to the water holes.
Spot on!

I think they blamed seniors because of envy/jealousy. There is a quote "jealousy is a sign of mediocrity." The meaning here is that actually if these newbies were capable and qualified, no matter how much the rules do not side with them, it won't affect them.
In this case, mediocre members still could get a fair number of merits, so the quote should be "jealousy is a sign of stupidity."
And all of this because of what? A mere 1 (one) merit point.
They must be really really dumb.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 11:00:12 AM

I strongly believe, if a newbie delete his all spam post and perticipate on constructive discussion they will easily gain 1 merit. Mostly seniors are visiting post history before meriting newbie. Main problem they just trying to make only one quality post in order to get merit. Unfortunately mist of them are failed. Meta is one of proof that they are trying just get 1 merit. They are not trying to contribute something.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Danielosad

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:33:53 PM

It may be helpful if there is a way bounty manager could be made to adjust their bounty rules to reflect a more decent forum, Asking a minimum of 15-25 post per week will invariably encourage spam. Imagine 100 participants, that will mean 1500-2500 for just a single project. Do that for just 100 ICOs, it gives you 150k-250K/week. There is no way we wont have spams with such rules.
5-7 post per week sounds reasonable to me.It's ok to just read what other persons are saying sometimes and respond only when you need to say something different
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:45:01 PM

It baffles me how much they don't try to learn. I mean, probably one single day of reading and studying about bitcoin could probably be enough knowledge to somewhat earn merits. But nooo. They would prefer to complain instead with them saying that high-ranked members are biased, and that they only merit other people with high ranks. If anything, I actually prefer giving away merits to lower ranks. But unfortunately only a small percentage actually deserves it.

It may be helpful if there is a way bounty manager could be made to adjust their bounty rules to reflect a more decent forum, Asking a minimum of 15-25 post per week will invariably encourage spam. Imagine 100 participants, that will mean 1500-2500 for just a single project. Do that for just 100 ICOs, it gives you 150k-250K/week. There is no way we wont have spams with such rules.
5-7 post per week sounds reasonable to me.It's ok to just read what other persons are saying sometimes and respond only when you need to say something different

As much as how the fewer posts per week would work in decreasing spam, that's the opposite of what the advertisers want. They made campaigns for their project/site to gain more publicity; so of course they would want their bounty applicants to post as much as possible, for more publicity.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Alone055

Activity: 1000
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 02:12:35 PM

The ones who blame the system are the ones who know they can't surpass the restrictions put by it. You will never find a Newbie complaining about the system if they know at least something about the forum or anything that they can share with the people without any plagiarism, post-spinning or something like that.
And, I don't really understand why people think they need to search for good Newbies to Merit them. It is not like there are only a few people who have Merits to give out, and the genuine users would get none even if they make some efforts. Every single board has at least some people who have sMerits with them, and if they find a Newbie who is worth giving some, they would do it. We should simply do what we usually do; surf and read the threads that we like, and simply Merit the ones we see there who deserve it, by not only aiming to Merit Newbies. The ones who deserve to get going would eventually pop out from the crowd and won't need finding. That's what I think.

@OP, may I give you an advice? I wish you don't mind this, but you should probably practice your English a bit more. Since you are a good poster and you will need to continue that, you should probably learn the grammar which is not that difficult if you dedicate some time to it. It is not that your writing is not understandable, but I think it would look much more convincing for the readers if your sentence construction is a little bit more precise.
I hope you take this positively.

Regards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: