Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:40:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit of the Hero Member  (Read 499 times)
wx34scx (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:11:36 AM

After the launch of the system of merit, the Hero Member received 500 merits each. But some got 1000 merits at once, as if they have the status of a Legendary.
Why is this happening?
One member of the forum needs to earn 500 merits to get the rank of a Legendary, but others simply write posts. Smiley

Hero Member - 1000 merits immediately
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=341982
http://loycevsbasement.privatedns.org/Merit/history/341982.html

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=89329
http://loycevsbasement.privatedns.org/Merit/history/89329.html

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=314973
http://loycevsbasement.privatedns.org/Merit/history/314973.html

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=381190
http://loycevsbasement.privatedns.org/Merit/history/314973.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:23:03 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 11:47:54 AM by iasenko
Merited by LoyceV (1)

It's all because they have reached the required minimum activity for Legendary, but since ranking up to Legendary is on a random basis (between 775-1030 activity), they got the merit.

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 11:24:26 AM

<…>
The initial Merit Airdrop gave each account the number of merits that was set as a requirement from then on. So for example, a Member receives 10 merits as a baseline, a Full Member 100, a Sr. Member 250, a Hero 500, and a Legendary 1000. Nevertheless, some Hero Members (with a large activity I presume) were given an airdrop of 1000 merits instead of 500 (See sMerit for every rank?).

Don’t get confused between merit and sMerit. @Theymo’s posts is about sMerit, but he indicates this in relation to the above merit exception for Heroes:

(@theymos)
Note that I later made an adjustment giving 500 extra merit to some hero members, but no extra sMerit was given here.
wx34scx (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:47:02 AM

Thanks!
Apparently members of the forum with an activity of 700-774 was very disappointed.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 11:50:39 AM

I'm not sure that it was unlucky. Those of us who managed to get the merits to become legendaries have a sense of achievement. Maybe we should call them super-heroes. Smiley Now that the new merits system has become the old merit system as a result of the improvements. It is difficult to differentiate between "merited" legendaries and "senior" legendaries.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:53:31 AM

I'm not sure that it was unlucky. Those of us who managed to get the merits to become legendaries have a sense of achievement. Maybe we should call them super-heroes. Smiley Now that the new merits system has become the old merit system as a result of the improvements. It is difficult to differentiate between "merited" legendaries and "senior" legendaries.

Probably time for a new rank to separate the "kids" from the actual "legends" of the forum. I think I remember someone suggesting a rank called Mythical or something along those lines I quite liked. I would say the first 10 people to reach it or have the requirement so high only a few will ever reach it.
deepakg2m
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 03:23:15 PM
Merited by bright07 (2)

The merit system, when launched, distributed merits according to the activity of the member. But some members has gained merit required for a legendary status but not the tag because a member is designated as legendary randomly after a certain activities.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
JetAid

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

Jet Cash's better half

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 03:33:13 PM

The merit system, when launched, distributed merits according to the activity of the member. But some members has gained merit required for a legendary status but not the tag because a member is designated as legendary randomly after a certain activities.

I think we all know that, and the question posed in the opening post was answered by iasenko. However we have gone on to discuss the possiblity of a special designation for members who have been awarded over 1,000 merits, rather than receiving them as part of the airdrop.

I disabled Fit to Talk registrations because of applications by non-member spammers. Click here to send me a PM if you would like to join.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:02:17 PM

Probably time for a new rank to separate the "kids" from the actual "legends" of the forum. I think I remember someone suggesting a rank called Mythical or something along those lines I quite liked. I would say the first 10 people to reach it or have the requirement so high only a few will ever reach it.

I guess, there will be no words that best portray as more to legendary like this is already overrated.
Or you can consider to be Eternal nor Divine rank.
I'm sorry if that sounds more in gaming world.  Cheesy

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:36:21 PM

It's all because they have reached the required minimum activity for Legendary, but since ranking up to Legendary is on a random basis (between 775-1030 activity), they got the merit.

So pretty much any hero with more than 775 activity was airdropped 1,000 merit? Doesn't really seem fair, since they haven't actually met their true requirement for legendary, only one small fraction of it (the activity part).
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:38:55 PM

So pretty much any hero with more than 775 activity was airdropped 1,000 merit? Doesn't really seem fair, since they haven't actually met their true requirement for legendary, only one small fraction of it (the activity part).

When theymos thinks that it's fair so what we think is irrelevant.
Well, I have no problem if those Heroes have reached their minimum requirements to get the merit Airdrop. I think Lutpin also got his merit even he had lower than 775 activity, but he helped a lot during the implementation, together with Lauda they tested some issues, like giving negative merit, etc. / Maybe Im wrong on this one, I cannot recall 100%/

riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 05:50:05 PM

The simple thing is that to get the position of legendary member it is require to have a particular number of activities at the same time the the particular amount of merit.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3033

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:00:36 PM

The simple thing is that to get the position of legendary member it is require to have a particular number of activities at the same time the the particular amount of merit.

Should be no problem ! I know a lot of Users that working on it to get one day a legendary !
I am working on that too , but it dont happend over a day or weeks and you dont try to make this to overhasty , this can get you in the wrong way !

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:01:05 PM

But this is the beauty of the process of becoming a Legendary that you don't know the exact activity nr. required for you personaly. So this is somehow mystical and this is the beauty of it. I wouldn't change it, and anyway, nowdays it's not the activity but the merit that determines who can be legendary and when...
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3147

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 08:05:27 PM

Thanks!
Apparently members of the forum with an activity of 700-774 was very disappointed.

somewhere it had to underline the boundary.
For example, one week after the merit integration I'm promoted to Legendary member. I think I had 950+ activity at the time. it was fair in my case.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wx34scx (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:58:20 AM

But this is the beauty of the process of becoming a Legendary that you don't know the exact activity nr. required for you personaly. So this is somehow mystical and this is the beauty of it. I wouldn't change it, and anyway, nowdays it's not the activity but the merit that determines who can be legendary and when...
You have about 750 activity on January 25, 2018. Grin 1 month was missing
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 12:06:22 PM

I feel so inadequate and undeserving of being a legendary. I haven't created one statistical analysis project. It's starting to look as if that is a basic requirement for legendary status. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:15:20 PM

When theymos thinks that it's fair so what we think is irrelevant.
Well, I have no problem if those Heroes have reached their minimum requirements to get the merit Airdrop. I think Lutpin also got his merit even he had lower than 775 activity, but he helped a lot during the implementation, together with Lauda they tested some issues, like giving negative merit, etc. / Maybe Im wrong on this one, I cannot recall 100%/

And the merit implementation was a somewhat drastic measure to reduce spam in the future. A lot of signature campaigns are now making it a requirement, you need to earn a few extra merit points, so even if you got 1k or 500 initially you will still need to earn a few points extra to participate which I think it's great.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:23:26 PM

10000 merits Grin.

I feel so inadequate and undeserving of being a legendary. I haven't created one statistical analysis project. It's starting to look as if that is a basic requirement for legendary status. Smiley

Haha yeah you could do with making one of those, before you can become mythical (or whatever theymos decides for the next rank).

Onto the topic at hand, it could be that the user had posts deleted and thus their activity went down after the introduction of the merit system in january, and therefore were a legendary and now aren't one anymore...
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 08:58:44 PM

Thanks!
Thats me. One week after release of Merit system I got enough activity to become Legendary - 775. So, I can say that Merit system was released one week too early Cheesy. But I can't say that I'm very disappointed. Maybe I'm a bit unlucky, but anyway, Legendary rank wouldn't make big difference for me because it has same benefits as Hero rank in general. And maybe one day, after 5 or 10 years I will be Legendary with 10000 activity Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: