Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Swiss Financial Services Company Raises $100 Million to Launch Crypto Bank  (Read 247 times)
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:05:48 PM

You really have to appreciate what Switzerland is doing for crpyto. We have seen a lot of central banks banning crypto-fiat or vice versa transactions while Switzerland is doing the opposite. No wonder that not only in fiat system will they become a safe have, but in crypto as well. I hope though that other nations follow suit and look at crypto as something that has a lot of benefits and potential and not the so called disruptive nature of it.
This is really a good thing for cryptos and it seems that Bankers are the ones spearheading this projects which brings me to this conclusion that the banking sector are very much afraid of the potential of cryptos and the threat it poses to their very own business.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:07:59 PM

For me, it's wild to trust a crypto bank, given how much fraud there are now on the market. The possibilities of a cryptobank as an independent organ look great, but do not yet inspire confidence.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:29:44 PM

No need for a crypto bank. you can have a crypto bank account but so what? No merchants in your cities accepting cryptos? I would rather be my own banker than to let someone with a full control of my funds. No private keys, no coins.
And oh, what if the bank fails, no money for you anymore

Yes, my sentiments exactly. Isnt a crypto bank totally going against the idea
of bitcoin and why it was actually invented? Yes.

We can control our own crypto, we dont need a bank to do it for us.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:04:27 PM

It seems some countries really have long term vision when it comes to crypto. No wonder Malta's PM declared support for crypto and Swiss Finma is just about to grant this permission. Indeed 2019 will be sweet. ETF shall surely come to live as well. Go go crypto!!!
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:05:40 PM

That doesn't mean that there won't be people who don't want to take responsibility for securing their own money. Wouldn't you feel much better blaming bank for the loss rather than yourself? Also, many people still have problems with some basic operations. This will change since current generation is used to technology but I can't imagine seeing my parents using the Lightning Network or simply signing a message using a Bitcoin address. I don't see anything wrong in such banks as long as people are aware of other possibilities.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:27:12 PM

That doesn't mean that there won't be people who don't want to take responsibility for securing their own money. Wouldn't you feel much better blaming bank for the loss rather than yourself? Also, many people still have problems with some basic operations. This will change since current generation is used to technology but I can't imagine seeing my parents using the Lightning Network or simply signing a message using a Bitcoin address. I don't see anything wrong in such banks as long as people are aware of other possibilities.

Good points made.
I think when the lightning network becomes fully functional more people
will opt to use it and not everyone needs to sign messages using their
bitcoin address. I still think it strange that there are people willing to trust
some institute with their crypto eventhough I know some people dont put
a high importance on the idea of being in control of their own crypto.
Strange how bitcoin is evolving.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:15:45 AM

Swiss well knowned as savest banks in the world. If they start to launch their own cryptocurrency, it will bring more money in market and bring cryptomarket in new phase. I am believe it will good for the future of cryptocurrency
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:42:39 AM

Swiss well knowned as savest banks in the world. If they start to launch their own cryptocurrency, it will bring more money in market and bring cryptomarket in new phase. I am believe it will good for the future of cryptocurrency
of course, with the best banking credibility in the world will have a big influence on cryptocurrency. and not just the European region, but the whole world certainly has opportunity to follow in his footsteps
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:12:09 AM

Those of you that are happy and jumping around just because of this, let me tell you, this makes no sense to me. That they have a crypto bank doesn’t mean that they are replacing their main currency with cryptocurrency. They still have their currency and paper money and that’s still what they are using.

The crypto bank they are wouldn’t have any much difference with having a crypto wallet, all it will do is put their government in charge so they can charge some more fees and likely taxes. Even wallets are offering debit cards to withdraw from ATM, so there is no need for this.

The government is just looking for ways to get into cryptocurrency and rule it, that’s all and nothing more. I still stand to be corrected if I’m wrong, but if you’re going to correct me, you better do so with points to prove what you’re saying.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:33:15 AM

You really have to appreciate what Switzerland is doing for crpyto. We have seen a lot of central banks banning crypto-fiat or vice versa transactions while Switzerland is doing the opposite. No wonder that not only in fiat system will they become a safe have, but in crypto as well. I hope though that other nations follow suit and look at crypto as something that has a lot of benefits and potential and not the so called disruptive nature of it.
This is really a good thing for cryptos and it seems that Bankers are the ones spearheading this projects which brings me to this conclusion that the banking sector are very much afraid of the potential of cryptos and the threat it poses to their very own business.
"Crypto" and "bank" is not suiting very well together. What does banks do? They give out banks for example, you can't get a loan in crypto, in all honesty you can just not pay and say you did not get anything, if they are doing something big like making sure you HAVE TO pay it back somehow than they could have just done that in regular money as well.

They do savings where you do not have to carry your money yourself so you give the bank your money and they give you small return, well crypto already is not cash and you can do stuff like dash to get paid regularly with masternode. "BANK" is not a crypto thing at all.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: