Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:57:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to delegate XTZ - earn passive income with Tezos baking  (Read 207 times)
staking (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 54
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:59:03 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2019, 08:49:03 PM by staking

Tezos: Digital Commonwealth

Tezos is a self-amending cryptoplatform that is governed by its stakeholders. Its Liquid Proof of Stake (LPOS) system is an elegant and decentralized way to allow any holder of XTZ to participate in securing the network and earn rewards. In Tezos, there are bakers (those who directly participate in the baking process), and stakers (those who delegate their own stake to a baker). To bake on your own, you need at least 1 roll of Tezzies (10,000 XTZ) and dedicated hardware that can be run 24/7. If you do not wish to bake yourself - as indeed it is a time consuming process that requires expert knowledge - or if you do not have 10k XTZ, worry not, you can delegate to a baking service. Baking services will take a small (or large - do your research) fee for their services and pay out your earnings directly to your wallet frequently. Make sure to read the terms and conditions, and check whether a service is over delegated or still has free staking capacity.

A Baker's Life

It is good to know that there are blocks and cycles in Tezos. Every 4096 blocks, a new cycle begins. When you bake, you register for baking rights in advance. The protocol uses your staking balance from 7 cycles prior. This is about 21 days, depending on network speed. Baking rights are calculated based on everyone's staking power, which is the amount of delegated coins one holds at a given snapshot. You can send coins in and out of your delegate address at any time. The network automatically makes a snapshot of your balance. This allows for seamless reward earnings.

How to delegate and earn rewards in Tezos?

The process is very straightforward.

(1) First, create a Tezos wallet using your favorite wallet service. Make sure that the wallet you use is trusted by the Tezos community. TezBox and Galleon are recommended at time of posting.

(2) Once you have generated a tz1 address, confirm that you have securely saved your private key information. Do not share this with anyone.

Fund your address with XTZ. You can acquire Tezzies from various exchanges.

(3) Create a KT1 delegate address within your new wallet. This will cost you about ~0.25 XTZ in fees.

Send XTZ in and out of your KT1 address at anytime. Send tokens that you would like to delegate to a baking service to your KT1 address.

(4) Delegate your Tezzies to the address of a baking service.

Choose a reliable service by browsing BakingBad, Tezos Nodes, MyTezosBaker and/or other delegation service listing sites.

Do your own research and choose according to performance as well as your personal taste.

(5) Simply be patient and wait for 7 cycles. Earnings will appear directly in your account and will keep rolling in as long as you delegate your tokens (and your chosen baking service pays out). Monitor your earnings via TzScan.

Enjoy!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
octopus slap

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:28:26 PM

thanks

I’m now baking or more precisely I’m delegating my Tez

I prefer low fee but I want my baker to be baking reliably... I love bakendorse.com, check it out if you don’t know it yet, it’s a neat tool
cuteblocks

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:52:13 PM

my favorite bakers at the moment are cryptium labs, tez rocket and tezpatisserie. I don't delegate all of my tez to only one baker but I want to support decentralization so I'm looking into several ones. I'm looking out for more Cool There are some really cool baking services out there to choose from. bake on!
mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:03:10 PM

my favorite bakers at the moment are cryptium labs, tez rocket and tezpatisserie. I don't delegate all of my tez to only one baker but I want to support decentralization so I'm looking into several ones. I'm looking out for more Cool There are some really cool baking services out there to choose from. bake on!

DO you happen to know how to remove a delegate without adding another one?  I know it seems weird but I am trying to stop baking completely, and I do not know how to remove the current delegated address. 

Thanks for any help!
logicsupply

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:32:17 PM

Magnum grants Tezos community a solution for easy delegating

Nice, I like the simplicity. Personally I'm baking myself (on a raspberry Pi) but I'm sure a lot of people are going to appreciate an easy solution to delegate.
tezard

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:12:54 AM

Hi, here an easy video tutorial on delegating on your Ledger using Tezbox.

Video:
https://wheretobuytezos.com/tezos-info/what-is-baking-tezos-xtz

KR Tezard
logicsupply

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:05:56 AM

Nice, I like the simplicity. Personally I'm baking myself (on a raspberry Pi) but I'm sure a lot of people are going to appreciate an easy solution to delegate.

Once you decide to start baking in a bigger scale, let me know and you'll be enlisted in Magnum to promote you for a little bit >:3

That's very nice of you, ty!  I'll keep it private for now but if I go public I'll get in touch for sure. Smiley
octopus slap

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:31:01 PM

Once you decide to start baking in a bigger scale, let me know and you'll be enlisted in Magnum to promote you for a little bit >:3

is there a way to split up my wallet and auto-delegate with several bakers? Kinda like, I want to choose 3 different bakers and click a button, then the magnum wallet automatically creates three KT1 addresses that each delegate to one of my chosen bakers? I would really like such a feature I think
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: