Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ether is about to rally strongly says Wall Street’s Tom Lee  (Read 352 times)
Master of Shitcoins

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:53:37 PM

I strongly agree, that Eth is underperorming hardly, and the falling is close to stop. Expecting rise afterwards, as I feel its oversold right now.
ETH is one of the most promising buys you can take right now. It's down from all time high around 80% and now very cheap to buy. If it will reach all time high again you can have already x4 profits and it will go for more if it reaches all time high.
Hopefully Ethereum can keep this promise.

Let's tame all shitcoins!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:33:27 PM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

I had the pleasure of interviewing Tom Lee at a conference over the summer. https://nulltx.com/renowned-investor-tom-lee-optimistic-on-blockchain-particularly-for-finance-and-gaming/

It's important that people realize Tom Lee isn't just any analyst, this guy is arguably the best research analyst of the past two decades. He bet big on cellular before it took off, he bet big on dotcom after the bubble, and he bet big on real estate after it bottomed out. Now he is betting big on crypto. He knows his shit, that's why he's been ranked as a top 3 analyst every year in the past 2 decades.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:29:07 AM

@jeffthebaker. That is a good interview, I hope you make more on developers. But you know us in this forum, we like to poke fun on analysts and the newsmakers hehehe. I know Tom Lee is a good analyst but do you agree on his $20k prediction by end of 2018 for bitcoin?

Also, I reckon no one read my comment about this news. EOS is surpressing Ethereum on the market but many of the replies are positive. Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Virtual-Money

Activity: 236
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:34:08 AM

It appears our bitcoin bull turned bitcoin bagholder is presently one of the speculators who was catching all the ETH that were dumped in the market hehehe.

In any case, I am more optimistic of his predictions on bitcoin than of Ethereum. EOS is holding $4 billion in ETH. Other ICOs hold more than $100 million in ETH combined. That would be too hard for the ETH market, I reckon.

The last four out of four times it lagged its peers that badly, by two standard deviations, Lee said ether saw a “major trend reversal.”

“We believe Ethereum is about to stage a trend reversal and rally strongly,” Lee, managing partner and head of research at Fundstrat Global Advisors, said in a note to clients Thursday.

Lee meanwhile “believes sentiment is currently overly negative on ETH.” While it has underperformed its peers by two standard deviations, Lee said that’s “a sign of capitulation.”

The former J.P. Morgan Chief Equity Strategist said the cryptocurrency was “dogged” by a heavy supply being sold from EOS, which built its platform on ethereum then switched it to its own new token. Lee also highlighted questions about its blockchain technology’s road-map and “panic selling” by ICO teams.

Read in full http://www.cryptoquicknews.com/beaten-down-cryptocurrency-ether-is-about-to-rally-strongly-says-wall-streets-tom-lee/
Im Hoping that tom lee speculation is true, so im gonna become rich before end of this year
moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:22:17 AM

This is not surprising when the ripple shook  positions. It is clear that you need to take active action and further development and modernization will be the right step to cut off a lot of competitors.
That's true as those team need to compete each currency and no doubt ethereum will not allow ripple to overtake them as they will do to pump the ether price. Let's wait and prefer to hold our ether for the next move and we need to ride them to get our profits.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:37:04 AM

sometimes what we want cannot necessarily be a reality and what we don't need becomes reality.
Likewise with the ETH with the declining value of the ETH in a few days, might just as a stepping stone to jump higher.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:25:13 AM

And Im strongly agree of his predictions once bitcoin rebounds to $10k+ some institutions also entering the crypto markets and ethereum is the one who will go with btc, ethereum only declines because fo this ICO teams saving their money converted into safe destinations to avoid losses I believe once the market rise again they will go back again  and convert to eth more exciting happenings into the cryptomarkets in the next few months big players are going in.   

BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:30:15 AM

I really can not believe the words of the Wall Street Journal. There are a lot of people who invest in securities that go bankrupt because of the rumors of these giants. I think we should believe in ourselves better. Grin
This is where I talk about the effect of the influential people over the media. Slight uncertain or ambiguous news about anything on the print media can change the investment pattern in moments. If your state TV tries to promote ETH in abc country, trust me it will run out of supply. So we should rather stick to the market indicators and invest keeping in mind the market data. Besides, it is an open secret that ETH will recover.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:31:18 PM

@jeffthebaker. That is a good interview, I hope you make more on developers. But you know us in this forum, we like to poke fun on analysts and the newsmakers hehehe. I know Tom Lee is a good analyst but do you agree on his $20k prediction by end of 2018 for bitcoin?

Also, I reckon no one read my comment about this news. EOS is surpressing Ethereum on the market but many of the replies are positive. Roll Eyes

Not exactly a "crypto developer" but I had one with Steve Wozniak from the convention as well: https://nulltx.com/exclusive-interview-apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-talks-blockchain-reveals-upcoming-involvement-with-crypto-startup/

I think it's pretty evident that much of Ethereum's run up throughout 2017 was from people purchasing ETH to buy ICOs... Of course, this goes both ways, and EOS and others likely are creating a strong negative sell pressure on ETH. However, I do not think this is sufficient in keeping Ethereum down as it's still the #1 platform being used by mainstream corporations and Fortune 500s. Is it the best in terms of performance? Not necessarily. But similar to how Bitcoin is King of crypto 1.0, Ethereum is king of the 2.0 generation.

I personally see the $20k prediction as quite optimistic with just one quarter of the year remaining. However $20k will be shattered in the next run up- which will not take a very long period of time from start to finish. If we see new money entering by start of December I see this happening. With NSADAQ and Bakkt coming to fruition by end of year potentially, this is possible. Lee seems to put a pretty strong emphasis on the role of an ETF or other means for institutions to buy Bitcoin.
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:07:28 PM

It appears our bitcoin bull turned bitcoin bagholder is presently one of the speculators who was catching all the ETH that were dumped in the market hehehe.

In any case, I am more optimistic of his predictions on bitcoin than of Ethereum. EOS is holding $4 billion in ETH. Other ICOs hold more than $100 million in ETH combined. That would be too hard for the ETH market, I reckon.

The last four out of four times it lagged its peers that badly, by two standard deviations, Lee said ether saw a “major trend reversal.”

“We believe Ethereum is about to stage a trend reversal and rally strongly,” Lee, managing partner and head of research at Fundstrat Global Advisors, said in a note to clients Thursday.

Lee meanwhile “believes sentiment is currently overly negative on ETH.” While it has underperformed its peers by two standard deviations, Lee said that’s “a sign of capitulation.”

The former J.P. Morgan Chief Equity Strategist said the cryptocurrency was “dogged” by a heavy supply being sold from EOS, which built its platform on ethereum then switched it to its own new token. Lee also highlighted questions about its blockchain technology’s road-map and “panic selling” by ICO teams.

Read in full http://www.cryptoquicknews.com/beaten-down-cryptocurrency-ether-is-about-to-rally-strongly-says-wall-streets-tom-lee/
This might be true and might be not. There's no certainty when it comes on cryptomarket given that consistency is not present with any of the cryptos. This is just pure speculations and logical predictions so therefore, assurance is lacking. What we should do snd mind more is holding at times like this and having the patience to wait until the market starts to recover.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
jeda2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:10:24 AM

We see a number of signs regarding the bull season, but it will be in vain to wait for the bull season as long as there is no hot money with new investors. I expect the Ethereum to make a good exit during the expected bull season, but may react a little later than the other crypto coins.
satosibtc1000

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:19:09 AM

In fact, EOS can well lower the price of eth and raise their own but I do not think that it is beneficial to them or it just does not make sense ! eth will not lie on the bottom and as soon as the news background goes it will take off !
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:25:20 AM

It is certainly true that influential individuals can have an effect on coin price, and equally many people believe that crypto in general and ETH in particular are readying for the next bull run.
I am cautiously optimistic, but we shall see as crypto price movements can easily make our predictions look foolish. We are still in a young and volatile market after all.

bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 11:48:09 AM

A lot had already express their speculation about bull rally coming but its not happening yet. There's got to be be something they are waiting other than us buying more for their bull trap. I'm not buying yet this news even the reputable traders aren't giving their opinion whether this is going to rise up from now. What I only believe though is that XRP is the only making its way.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

adamlillian

Activity: 459

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 12:10:51 PM

I'm familiar with rumors like this. It does not make me feel excited. The most important thing now is that I need to improve my market analysis skills more. My sincere advice is not to listen to the sharks, you will easily get swallowed. Wink

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:18:36 AM

Not exactly a "crypto developer" but I had one with Steve Wozniak from the convention as well: https://nulltx.com/exclusive-interview-apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-talks-blockchain-reveals-upcoming-involvement-with-crypto-startup/

I think it's pretty evident that much of Ethereum's run up throughout 2017 was from people purchasing ETH to buy ICOs... Of course, this goes both ways, and EOS and others likely are creating a strong negative sell pressure on ETH. However, I do not think this is sufficient in keeping Ethereum down as it's still the #1 platform being used by mainstream corporations and Fortune 500s. Is it the best in terms of performance? Not necessarily. But similar to how Bitcoin is King of crypto 1.0, Ethereum is king of the 2.0 generation.

I personally see the $20k prediction as quite optimistic with just one quarter of the year remaining. However $20k will be shattered in the next run up- which will not take a very long period of time from start to finish. If we see new money entering by start of December I see this happening. With NSADAQ and Bakkt coming to fruition by end of year potentially, this is possible. Lee seems to put a pretty strong emphasis on the role of an ETF or other means for institutions to buy Bitcoin.

Is Ethereum really being used by mainstream corporations and Fortune 500 companies? I reckon if they are using it, it might only be experimental and they might have stopped experimenting in it by now hehehe.

In any case, if you are referring to the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance, I reckon they are building their own platform based on Ethereum's code?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Dilireba

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 02:58:57 AM

EOS team is holding $4B in ETH so they have the ability to make a big dump of ETH, and use that power to overpass ETH on the market. EOS made unfair competitions with ETH, there are many allegations about this. I don't believe that EOS's fucking tricks will win over ETH.
https://cryptoslate.com/ethereum-network-under-assault-gas-price-manipulation-may-indicate-covert-eos-attack/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/8z2gor/its_now_clear_eos_is_behind_sybil_attack_on/

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:24:04 PM

It is certainly true that influential individuals can have an effect on coin price, and equally many people believe that crypto in general and ETH in particular are readying for the next bull run.
I am cautiously optimistic, but we shall see as crypto price movements can easily make our predictions look foolish. We are still in a young and volatile market after all.
The best thing like you have said here is to be optimistic and be cautious at the same time. If we are to look at the sentiment in the market and the bullish nature some of the altcoins are already showing, it is normal to start assuming that the alts are back or they are prepping up to start another bullish journey.

Moreover, this is one thing we will just have to wait and see how things would pan out. I believe regardless of the whole EOS sentiments, ETH will still always have a place and a community in the long run, and we even all know that this is a highly speculative market, so it is not like the possibility of seeing even shit coins go bullish is not there, let alone, seeing ETH go bullish.
Tcpark

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:40:14 PM

I think all of us hoping it wolould be true  and we'll see bull ethereum run in next few month. Amin!)
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:47:47 PM

I don't expect a reversal anytime soon, there's nothing that could trigger such thing other than a possible reversal in Bitcoin. I think Tom Lee is just trying to trigger a bit of FOMO from investors so that price shoots up, with enough momentum, there might a be a possibility that prices will spike, but it's all speculation.

i think Tom Lee is starting to say what people want to hear!
Oh, absolutely. I think he already knows he's a crypto influencer and well-known Bitcoin bull, he knows that he could influence a lot of people by saying whatever they wanna hear, whether it is correct or not what he says is a different story, but the guy knows what he's doing-

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀