Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Manipulated by Cryptocurrency Trading Bots: WSJ  (Read 274 times)
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:25:17 AM

https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-price-manipulated-by-cryptocurrency-trading-bots-wsj/

Trading bots are rampant in the market. Many whales are actually using such bots to execute the trades in behalf of them doing it manually. The good thing about using bots is the absence of its emotions, unlike us we often let our emotions cloud our judgement.

Do you really think that trading bot is capable of manipulating market prices as a whole?

As what I understand about trading bots, humans are still the one who are setting it up and limiting the trade operations to be done daily. Is this really one of the factors that affect the price of bitcoin to go down? Share me your thoughts. Thanks!
trading bots I often find in altcoin trading with low value, but in trading bitcoin bots are only seen passing and disappearing
bot in my opinion in bitcoin trading is only to disrupt humans not for price manipulation

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PsylockReborn (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:14:51 PM

trading bots I often find in altcoin trading with low value, but in trading bitcoin bots are only seen passing and disappearing
bot in my opinion in bitcoin trading is only to disrupt humans not for price manipulation

I guess its much easier to use trading bots if someone really wants to manipulate the market. It's just that it will take billions of dollars for them to manipulate bitcoin's value. The good thing right now is that bitcoin remained strong and slowly holding its ground towards the bull trend.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 11:28:33 AM

https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-price-manipulated-by-cryptocurrency-trading-bots-wsj/

Trading bots are rampant in the market. Many whales are actually using such bots to execute the trades in behalf of them doing it manually. The good thing about using bots is the absence of its emotions, unlike us we often let our emotions cloud our judgement.

Do you really think that trading bot is capable of manipulating market prices as a whole?

As what I understand about trading bots, humans are still the one who are setting it up and limiting the trade operations to be done daily. Is this really one of the factors that affect the price of bitcoin to go down? Share me your thoughts. Thanks!
I can't say I am really against them on this one. The amount of bots out there is unlimited but also the number of users and the amount of money changing hands is insane. I think at this point there are times where bots are trading against bots and there are no humans in between them for long periods of time.

I understand trading is big in the world but I doubt all of this volume comes from all human trading, I believe most of it must be coming from bot trading and just a bit of it comes from regular human trading. Anyone with any good trading knowledge just makes a bot for themselves that works the way they like and that's all.
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 11:55:27 AM

I guess its much easier to use trading bots if someone really wants to manipulate the market. It's just that it will take billions of dollars for them to manipulate bitcoin's value. The good thing right now is that bitcoin remained strong and slowly holding its ground towards the bull trend.

If course bot can be really manipulate the price on the market as we have seen the trend in the last months or so. They can literally take billions in minutes and put in on their favour. As far as bitcoin, yes its strong but I'm sure that bot is running wild as well because it looks like we are just trading sideways but the minute we gain enough for bots to put crazy orders then the price could go down anytime soon.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:45:01 PM

Well i don't see manipulating in those who use bot's but maybe it is some sort of cheating because instead of manual they are using no emotional traders in which advantageous than us who do it rightfully. Can't we do something to stop this rampant bot using?
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:50:29 PM

I simply don't think that trading bots are capable of cryptocurrency manipulation. Yes, bots are been created by human/traders for trading but it's for efficient purpose. To make trading easy and faster so traders and mostly (heavy traders and those who probably) won't have to do everything manually. So I don't see how the bot 'itself' manipulates, except those using it for pump and dump purpose.
Well programmed bots are far more capable of manipulation than people themselves are, and that by orders of magnitude. In most cases it's even less obvious than when manipulation happens manually.

Most institutions use a wide variety of bots each targeting a specific aspect of the market they are working on. Bot manipulation goes way further than simply buying up the price and then dump the price down.

The average user occasionally buying and selling crypto isn't affected this manipulation at all, more so the cowboys thinking that trading is an easy way to profit, but that's what they have to accept when trading crypto.

Don't want to be subject to manipulation? Don't trade.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: