Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:59:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are from all around the world  (Read 589 times)
dogtana (OP)

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:50:23 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2), vapourminer (1)

Bitcointalk.org community comes from all around the world and is very diverse. Someone's monthly income might have been 10.000 $ starting out, someone's may only be 100$. There is no equal standard of living all around the world.

For someone, a 100$ investment may be very big. Or even 20$. It is disrespectful to call their investments miniscule or insignificant. Everyone should have an opportunity to try to make their lives better with crypto. It is the intention of crypto currencies. And affter all, it crypto currencies are to be mainstream, people with limited assets should not be exculded and alienated.

So please, respect one another and each person's struggle.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:44:45 AM
Merited by r1s2g3 (1)

Bitcointalk.org community comes from all around the world and is very diverse. Someone's monthly income might have been 10.000 $ starting out, someone's may only be 100$. There is no equal standard of living all around the world.

For someone, a 100$ investment may be very big. Or even 20$. It is disrespectful to call their investments miniscule or insignificant. Everyone should have an opportunity to try to make their lives better with crypto. It is the intention of crypto currencies. And affter all, it crypto currencies are to be mainstream, people with limited assets should not be exculded and alienated.

You are giving an insight from an investor perspective. But, look at the other side.
Even in a world that someone is paid $10000 and another $100, both have the same opportunities to find a job with the same salary in the crypto space.

Nothing is limited, None is excluded.

In this decentralized world, everyone has the same opportunities and can achieve a better way of living.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:12:41 PM

You are right but I don't see the reason why someone should mention an amount he uses for investment. He can just mention any amount. This can help reduce the disrespecting.
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:17:47 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

You are giving an insight from an investor perspective. But, look at the other side.
Even in a world that someone is paid $10000 and another $100, both have the same opportunities to find a job with the same salary in the crypto space.

In this decentralized world, everyone has the same opportunities and can achieve a better way of living.

We'll have to disagree here:
not everyone has the same opportunities Wink

It's a race where each person is born in a different starting point.

Ex: I'm a medium class guy that had the opportunity to study in a particular school in Brazil and learn english at young age (thanks to movies and videogames)
do you understand how easier life will be for me than for a poor person who was born in a favela and studied on a public school in Brazil (which has way inferior quality unfortunately) and had to work to help their single mother who had 2 works already to sustain the family and never learnt english or had early access to computer and internet?

--Crypto investing is amazing and of course it givest access to many people to multiply their sources of income and their wealth, but there's still a long way to go to say that everybody has the same opportunities.
Wink
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 01:36:04 PM

Why do you guys have to keep quoting the opening post? It is really annoying, and it stopped me reading the actual posts.
You don't need to keep repeating other people comments in a discussion. You wouldn't do it in a "real life" conversation, so why do you do it here?
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:49:07 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Got one precious important lesson from Jet Cash "Do not quote OP".  Smiley 

It is democratic forum.  All are welcome here irrespective of their wealth.  They may be poor or the rich. 

No one should be disrespected just because he is not possessing much wealth or is having lesser wealth than some other people are having.  Rather we should be encouraging / motivating /guiding him so that he can gain knowledge; experience to be able to earn wealth for him. 
worldofcoins

Activity: 1834
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 08:57:21 PM

Amen! True and hurtful stuff but true. we are all trying to make a easier living int he way we want and this is what I respect about crypto, on here everyone with the right attitude can make a decent living and more.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:09:49 PM

Unfortunately, this is becoming increasingly untrue as venture capital, major business, and institutional investment continues to infiltrate crypto. I do believe that back in 2014-2015, this concept of a universal digital economy was a major strength of cryptocurrency. Community participation was focused on giveaways, tipping, and microtasks. Anyone active on the forums could earn $100+ a month for their signature which, for individuals in much of the third and developing world, represents earnings far above their real world monthly wages. Nobody really had any money back then, which made the space much more cooperative and wholesome.

This is far from the case today. Even changes to forum rules and algorithms have made tipping, giveaways, and microtasks increasingly inaccessible or even obsolete for the majority. New members have to upgrade through a rigorous merit process which unfairly inhibits those with English as a second language. There is no tipping on Reddit any more. You don't get a few $ worth of crypto for testing a gambling website or installing a wallet. It's just not the same.

The primary reason I was so drawn to crypto in 2013 was my ability to get so much out of the space simply for contributing my time and effort. I was a 16 year old high school student when I began freelance writing for crypto news sites. Now that I have veteran experience, I still find ample opportunities, but this is no longer the case for newcomers. Many of the core ideals through which crypto was founded upon have completely been erased from the space, and it's quite sad, to say the least.
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:01:17 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

There must be no financial discrimination. It's normal not to be laughing at the one who invests just $ 100. There are states, like African countries, where the living standard is very low and the one who has $ 100, can be built up among its contenders. Everyone has the right to enjoy the crypto market, be it poor, rich, or come from countries with different financial strength.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:34:08 PM

x

Unfortunately, this is becoming increasingly untrue as venture capital, major business, and institutional investment continues to infiltrate crypto. I do believe that back in 2014-2015, this concept of a universal digital economy was a major strength of cryptocurrency. Community participation was focused on giveaways, tipping, and microtasks. Anyone active on the forums could earn $100+ a month for their signature which, for individuals in much of the third and developing world, represents earnings far above their real world monthly wages. Nobody really had any money back then, which made the space much more cooperative and wholesome.

This is far from the case today. Even changes to forum rules and algorithms have made tipping, giveaways, and microtasks increasingly inaccessible or even obsolete for the majority. New members have to upgrade through a rigorous merit process which unfairly inhibits those with English as a second language. There is no tipping on Reddit any more. You don't get a few $ worth of crypto for testing a gambling website or installing a wallet. It's just not the same.

The primary reason I was so drawn to crypto in 2013 was my ability to get so much out of the space simply for contributing my time and effort. I was a 16 year old high school student when I began freelance writing for crypto news sites. Now that I have veteran experience, I still find ample opportunities, but this is no longer the case for newcomers. Many of the core ideals through which crypto was founded upon have completely been erased from the space, and it's quite sad, to say the least.

Pretty sure first language speakers of English get the most merit.

I thought this forum was originally founded for bitcoin and intelligent chat (for the most part). Like blockchain didn't really exist.

The only thing that really drew me to this forum was all the developers were here in 2010ish. Bitcoin allowed me to exchange compute for $$$ directly, which as a person interested in uses for computer hardware while he was asleep, it was perfect.

---

It's nice to know that it's an international community, but that was known from the start. (Think about the supposed location of the creator) Now I didn't know this was a micro-job site, which kinda explains the advertising. I figured it was just a "libertarian" forum.

However, to me, it's just another community, and I was hoping to step away from the hivemind that is reddit and rejoin the "forum" world.

---

Now, the only way I know your income is by you advertising your income. If you don't want me to point out that's a tiny amount of money compared to what I spent on my last meal, you probably shouldn't have told me about your tiny bit of money. ._.

You could just phrase it "I invested 3% of my net worth into this" or whatever. That seems fair, right?
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 4130

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 09:32:55 PM

Unfortunately, this is becoming increasingly untrue as venture capital, major business, and institutional investment continues to infiltrate crypto. I do believe that back in 2014-2015, this concept of a universal digital economy was a major strength of cryptocurrency. Community participation was focused on giveaways, tipping, and microtasks. Anyone active on the forums could earn $100+ a month for their signature which, for individuals in much of the third and developing world, represents earnings far above their real world monthly wages.
Time have change, there are more users on forum therefore aren't enough fund to go round for the payment of signature and the rest. Just as bitcoin is developing itself for world domination, I'm glad the forum is adjusting itself to accumulate more users.

OP, the best way to solve this issue is to keep your investment capital to yourself because as far as you're on this planet, there are some characters of individuals that can't be eradicate.
Cryptotina

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:58:10 PM

Agreed. This is one of the many beauty of Crypto. The fact that an individual and his/her boss can each both earn same amount of payment is amazing. Crypto is indeed for everyone and own by no one as it seems presently.
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:03:54 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

I would totally agree that, the title and the topic discussion hdoes not have connection in common.  However,  i would like to say that investors are all around the world makingmoney in practical.
DigitalCyberius

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:59:17 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

True, but it should also be noted that if an investment means the world (metaphorically speaking) to someone, perhaps crypto is not the best investment. So many people lost money during the last year, some who had even borrowed huge amounts of money to put into crypto when they saw it rising. Though it presents an opportunity, it should be understood by everyone, particularly those who may look on it as some kind of benevolent force to help them out of poverty, that the crypto markets are extremely volatile, much more so than most other markets and investments, and they could just as easily lose their investment. Don't invest what you're not willing to lose. Do your research. Don't trade out of fear, make calculated decisions. Consider what other options you have available. Perhaps as (if) stable coins become more solid, people could invest in commodity-backed tokens, which would be more stable.

Hope that's helpful,
The Cyberius team.
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:06:01 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

i agree, most of us all started somewhere, nothing but respect to everyone from me, worldwide! good luck  Cool
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 02:47:57 PM

i agree, most of us all started somewhere, nothing but respect to everyone from me, worldwide! good luck  Cool
+1
I had the same feeling too that everyone in cryptocurrency has the opportunity to join, learn and earn. I do bounty hunting and then was encouraged to participate in crypto investment. I did conduct some studies before I made my decision to invest in cryptocurrency. The good thing is that we have this bitcointalk forun created by SATOSHI. This is the way how I learned that made me the decision to invest.

To be part of this forum is great for I learn and I earn.
Therowlingk2

Activity: 588
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 01:08:17 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

I am happy to join this forum, because I got a lot of new experiences about the world of bitcoin and cryptocurrency  Grin
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 01:12:20 PM

I've just awarded one merit to every poster in this thread following my quote comment, and who has not included a redundant quote.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:32:02 PM

It's a race where each person is born in a different starting point.

Ex: I'm a medium class guy that had the opportunity to study in a particular school in Brazil and learn english at young age (thanks to movies and videogames)
do you understand how easier life will be for me than for a poor person who was born in a favela and studied on a public school in Brazil

If you keep crying about different starting point then you will never able to see positive side. One who got education in good school will complain why his/her family not wealthy, then he got different opportunities.

English open the global market but it does not mean if you do not know English skills that you cannot have any opportunities.
Technical skills are not dependent on your grasp of your English language.

Equal opportunity means equal chance  for everybody , having same skills, irrespective of caste,creed and religion and sex and  I say this forum and crypto space is "Equal opportunity" for everybody.
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1233

Cashback 15%

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:27:28 PM

I for one do not see anyone making mockery of anothers struggle
It's basically life's facts, some must be richer than the other

So also when it comes to investing,the richer definitely has more capital to stake in the investment and 90/100 times would make more profit than those with lower capital

Your earning  is definitely  commensurate to your investments
And calling someone's investments little,when it actually is,is a fact and I Dont see anything wrong in it
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: