Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:55:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto for travelling  (Read 826 times)
Hoxysado

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:54:55 AM

I believe there are projects/ platform that will enable crypto payment although with their own currency. One of that is Toorcoin, they are developing a platform right now where you can book for a flight and would also include travel packages https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3479146.0
thank you very much j will have a  loser look at this as the possibility is the one i have wanted for a long long time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 10:56:35 AM

I think it is not necessary to launch own crypto.
Better allow crypto payments in BTC or ETH in order people can pay whatever they want. It is my opinion.

Downloaded

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:14:28 PM

Hello guys, wanna ask you funny question. Let's suppose one is fond of travelling or wants to relocate. Do you have any ideas how could it be possible that in the future we buy tickets and book hotels with cryptocurrency? and can there be any coins for tousits in the future? it would be really convinient instead of exchanging money in each country. just imagine that museums, restoraunts, car rentals and all sorts of attractions admit crypto, how much easier it would be instead of dealing with cash! sometimes you can even be fooled in exchange offices or given counterfeit money. so many actions which only cause headache and anxiety. i have heard that Lufthansa took a part into project based on Eth and that they are investing into swiss project Winding tree and that they use their own coin LIF. as i understood that is really close to what i was dreaming about, a possibility for paying with crypto for transportation and accomodation. i have lost track of what they are doing now, though, maybe it all works right now. do you have any other examples or suggestions how crypto might affect our exploring the world? i'd like to know your thoughts Smiley

Crypto is horrible payment method when you are traveling to a developing country. If the entire city has one place, where you can use BTC or ETH as the payment method, you are lucky. So if you would like to go to Africa or Middle East, you should better have as much cash as possible.
Kanatanex

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:19:38 PM

I do not understand why think out new cryptocurrency for travel. It is possible to travel perfectly paying off with bitcoin if it is accepted for payment worldwide
delton22

Activity: 345
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 12:40:23 PM

yes there is already a solution and an answer to your question. there is currently a project known as Traveler token, the token can be used to pay for hotel booking, car renting and so many more for travelers
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 04:23:21 PM

Yeah, I think it will be very helpful when many parts accept crypto to do their business. It will be more effective, we do not need to go to money changer when we travel to the other country. But as you say "so far this idea is quite raw", because there are only a few parts that have used crypto and the others are still ban it. Hope everything will be better in the future.
bhordz357

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

RealtyReturns

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:30:18 PM

Hello guys, wanna ask you funny question. Let's suppose one is fond of travelling or wants to relocate. Do you have any ideas how could it be possible that in the future we buy tickets and book hotels with cryptocurrency? and can there be any coins for tousits in the future? it would be really convinient instead of exchanging money in each country. just imagine that museums, restoraunts, car rentals and all sorts of attractions admit crypto, how much easier it would be instead of dealing with cash! sometimes you can even be fooled in exchange offices or given counterfeit money. so many actions which only cause headache and anxiety. i have heard that Lufthansa took a part into project based on Eth and that they are investing into swiss project Winding tree and that they use their own coin LIF. as i understood that is really close to what i was dreaming about, a possibility for paying with crypto for transportation and accomodation. i have lost track of what they are doing now, though, maybe it all works right now. do you have any other examples or suggestions how crypto might affect our exploring the world? i'd like to know your thoughts Smiley

Yes why not, but at this moment its difficult to implement that idea if government will no adopt and legalize crypto. That would be nice if we can use cryptocurrency during travel and going for vacation. Maybe in the future this will be push through.

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:35:30 PM

I have come across a certain ICO few days back but I cannot remember the name that has something to do with traveling. That would be really awesome though if there is one or two crypto that everyone will accept wherever you travel.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:03:34 PM

Your idea is good and I really want to see it happen too. The main thing is how do we get all these hotels, airlines and etc to accept crypto currencies?
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:08:50 PM

Its a great thought, and one that is being implemented already to some extent. The scope of viability and repercussions are yet hard to imagine at this point.
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:49:12 PM

it was really nice. there were such projects in the past years. not now. after the fall trend, no one offered that kind of project. but you need to use a very functional coin. the purpose is to visit, travel, entertainment .....

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:53:48 PM

What you are saying or asking is the main purpose of cryptocurrency when you can afford to spend money anytime anywhere without restriction .

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:18:40 AM

The idea is not bad, but imagine the situation when you bought tokens for traveling, arrived in another country and the token price down on the exchanges and your savings have greatly decreased. Cryptocurrency today is very volatile and cannot be used as a reliable means of payment.
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:30:25 AM

I read an article about new platform for customers loyalty in the sphere of air-traveling, but I do not nothing about current situation with it. Moreove, I cannot even remember the name of the project, but I am sure that such projects do exists, you just need to look better.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:36:15 PM

it was really nice. there were such projects in the past years. not now. after the fall trend, no one offered that kind of project. but you need to use a very functional coin. the purpose is to visit, travel, entertainment .....

Yes, it is potentially useful because people who travel do not need to worry about going through another country how they will use the money there.
Hoenya

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:38:15 PM

that is a very nice idea but as far as know there are a lot of different things that are used in the same way as you described above

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Hoenya

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:38:59 PM

Yes, it is potentially useful because people who travel do not need to worry about going through another country how they will use the money there.
i like travelling and i like travelling a lot so i think that this ethusiastic move is very necessary to our world and other peope

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:22:07 PM

I think it is not necessary to launch own crypto.
Better allow crypto payments in BTC or ETH in order people can pay whatever they want. It is my opinion.

This. Why developing a whole new cryptocurrency when you can developed a secure, easy to use software for airlines and hotels to use without too much cost?.

Bitcoin and Ethereum are really young still in comparison to the regular monetary system so it is just a matter of time before it happens. It depends highly on the amount of acceptance of them so the more costumers that asks them for that payment method, the more they will consider creating and/or activating it.

It can also be extended towards practically anything and it's definitely needed.
ravinesolz

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:39:03 PM

The next time you travel you should bring mostly Bitcoins because it is accepted in shops more than most coins are.

lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:47:59 PM

I suppose I have seen such a project awhile ago
You are able to use their token for flight tickets hotel bookings and even interestingly
The token is said to be fixed to a price of 1$ on a constant basis
You can look up traveler project for more information or simply use their. Website: traveler.com

Just my views, do ensure to do your own researches
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: