Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto for travelling  (Read 825 times)
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:27:25 PM

It is way better to use cryptos for traveling since you don't have to worry about carrying cash around, all you have to do is make sure that your wallet is secure and you can change your coins for any currency that you want to use it for in the country of your choice. i would prefer to travel with my hardware wallet than to travel with cash

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoctorX
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:58:15 PM

Hello guys, wanna ask you funny question. Let's suppose one is fond of travelling or wants to relocate. Do you have any ideas how could it be possible that in the future we buy tickets and book hotels with cryptocurrency? and can there be any coins for tousits in the future? it would be really convinient instead of exchanging money in each country. just imagine that museums, restoraunts, car rentals and all sorts of attractions admit crypto, how much easier it would be instead of dealing with cash! sometimes you can even be fooled in exchange offices or given counterfeit money. so many actions which only cause headache and anxiety. i have heard that Lufthansa took a part into project based on Eth and that they are investing into swiss project Winding tree and that they use their own coin LIF. as i understood that is really close to what i was dreaming about, a possibility for paying with crypto for transportation and accomodation. i have lost track of what they are doing now, though, maybe it all works right now. do you have any other examples or suggestions how crypto might affect our exploring the world? i'd like to know your thoughts Smiley
Now there are more and more projects that allow you to transfer different crypto currencies to wallet and attach a credit card to your wallet, which can be used as a usual Visa card. So this is no longer a problem!

░█▄░█░▄▀▀▄░█▀▀▄░█▀▀░█░█░ █▀░░░░░░    WORKING ECOSYSTEM FOR MASTERNODES    ░░░░░▀█
░█▀▄█░█░░█░█░░█░█▄▄░░█░░ █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   SEE HOW IT WORKS  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░▀█░▀▄▄▀░█▄▄▀░█▄▄░█░█░ █▄░░░  HOSTING | WALLET | EXCHANGE | NEWS | STATISTIC ░░░▄█
kethan

Activity: 232
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:19:39 PM

Hello guys, wanna ask you funny question. Let's suppose one is fond of travelling or wants to relocate. Do you have any ideas how could it be possible that in the future we buy tickets and book hotels with cryptocurrency? and can there be any coins for tousits in the future? it would be really convinient instead of exchanging money in each country. just imagine that museums, restoraunts, car rentals and all sorts of attractions admit crypto, how much easier it would be instead of dealing with cash! sometimes you can even be fooled in exchange offices or given counterfeit money. so many actions which only cause headache and anxiety. i have heard that Lufthansa took a part into project based on Eth and that they are investing into swiss project Winding tree and that they use their own coin LIF. as i understood that is really close to what i was dreaming about, a possibility for paying with crypto for transportation and accomodation. i have lost track of what they are doing now, though, maybe it all works right now. do you have any other examples or suggestions how crypto might affect our exploring the world? i'd like to know your thoughts Smiley

If there were special coins that I could use to pay for my flights, that would be cool. Because in my country, flights are very expensive, and with the advent of cryptocurrency in this area everything would be easier and therefore several times cheaper
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:39:10 PM

Now there are more and more projects that allow you to transfer different crypto currencies to wallet and attach a credit card to your wallet, which can be used as a usual Visa card. So this is no longer a problem!

I bought educational materials on one educational site. And they offered me to pay the cryptocurrency. Rather, I could choose from them on the site payment method, including cryptocurrency.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:55:54 PM

When I first joint Bitcoin system I thought it will be nice if I can buy a candy in a store with Bitcoin. Back then it was not much price but still, I saw that dream, so I hope something like that happens someday. I wish cryptocurrencies are going to be much more advertised not only on the social or on the internet but also in the physical world. like we can set up banners or we can talk with the coffee companies and other companies out there to include a cryptocurrency related stuff which can encourage more people around the world. We do have a lot of website and Web Services but that is not going to be sufficient to make a physical impact.
fumblingperch

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:56:51 PM

I think that if you want to travel, it is better for you to still have cash, since cryptocurrencies are not so common and convenient to use, especially when traveling.

naval1983

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:19:52 AM

Traveling is one of the great needs of the community. Currently, Crypto can be used to travel in some countries. But many countries have not been able to do this. But i think in the not so distant future, digital finance will cover the rest of the world. Using crypto to travel will be handy, economical and popular.
Bunk67

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:33:14 AM

What is projected for crypto is that in the future crypto will be used as money to pay in store, and buy ticket and other thing. We can see is spreading to many country now and some store are using it as medium of payment

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:43:41 AM

I find the dairy project where crypto indeed devoted to traveling and it's certainly a good thing. practical and of course easy to secure even the hope for the traveler. This will make the crypto is seen well and has enough useful functions.
learntonoob
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

FinanceX Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 07:50:25 AM

Absolutely amazing application of crypto. However, if this idea is spreaded out all over the world, some businesses relating to money exchange will need to close down.

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:59:18 AM

actually, there are bunch of projects that explore this industry. but the challenge for them is mass adoption. they have to find vast number of partners to make their project at least usable by travelers. and most of those projects just end up in trading and didn't really push thru their actual application in the tourism industry.

some of those projects (you can research other projects so you can choose which one is suitable for you):

TOA - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1959048.0
SOJ (i think already abandoned by dev) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2016889
TravelCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2003065.0
BitFly - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032445.0
FUJINTO - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2077763.0
TUKTUKPASS - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5019811.0
TRAVELPAY - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773269.0
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:05:48 AM

Cryptocurrency was created to become the first really world currency. So if in the future people will use crypto instead of fiat money, you will be able to pay with crypto everywhere in the world!

xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:12:24 AM

Today in any ATM of the world you can withdraw the local currency using a dollar card, what could be more convenient than that? Perhaps this is why cryptocurrencies are still not in demand.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:54:42 PM

It is way better to use cryptos for traveling since you don't have to worry about carrying cash around, all you have to do is make sure that your wallet is secure and you can change your coins for any currency that you want to use it for in the country of your choice. i would prefer to travel with my hardware wallet than to travel with cash

In a way, you are certainly, right but there is one BUT here. The cryptocurrencies are not taken in many places. It is very difficult to pay for the hotel or for your food with Bitcoin. You can change it for a local fiat and go on.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:00:53 PM

Definitely it is a good option for the people who travel because they do carry money everytime which is a risky one. Let us make this wonderful technology more and more popular so that people will start using it.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:37:18 AM

I agree. Also, it would be so convenient for those from countries with weak currencies. My friend from Thailand always has to buy US dollars first before travelling, in order to ensure he could easily exchange currencies. There are money changers that are very picky when it comes to exchanging currencies. Cryptos can help solve this inconvenience, right?
haidangtp

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:29:59 AM

I think the current coin market is not yet a popular means of payment to meet your needs. Maybe in the future there will be a stable coin and enough factors to make a global payment.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:24:23 AM

I agree. Also, it would be so convenient for those from countries with weak currencies. My friend from Thailand always has to buy US dollars first before travelling, in order to ensure he could easily exchange currencies. There are money changers that are very picky when it comes to exchanging currencies. Cryptos can help solve this inconvenience, right?

With crypto, we don't have to convert to the local currency because we can use crypto to buy something in another country without worry if we cannot find the money changer. We only need to carry crypto in the flash disk or Android phone so we can scan the barcode to pay the product or we want to use to transfer to other people. I think there will a coin that has a purpose for travelling so it makes us easy if we want to go to some places.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: