Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:26:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty extension: Bitter but Sweet  (Read 245 times)
huhhuh18 (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:50:53 PM
Merited by yesyes18 (1)

Recently it's been happening that almost every bounty keeps on extending with some even going into 6 months - 1year. It's very bad for a bounty worker because some projects even end up being scam. Anyways I think it is somehow good as well since some people have been cheating in bounties a lot.
If bounties keep on extending, cheaters will keep on working for wrong bounties for a long time and new hunters will also have the chance to join. This is because some bounties have so many participants and so we need to spread ourselves so that we can all equally earn. Also, the recent forum rules will help in taking care of so many cheaters or multiple people joining the same bounty.

Nevertheless i still stand by the point that bounty extensions are very bad.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 05:17:17 PM

I think your concern should not be only about cheaters, the bounty managers know how to fish them out, the general market condition is doing no one any good, both cheaters and non cheaters alike, reason why the extensions and so many canceled and exited projects. In like manner, periods as this is when to know real faithfuls, a lot may get discouraged and quit while the faithful will keep digging

andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:29:35 PM

Recently it's been happening that almost every bounty keeps on extending with some even going into 6 months - 1year. It's very bad for a bounty worker because some projects even end up being scam. Anyways I think it is somehow good as well since some people have been cheating in bounties a lot.
If bounties keep on extending, cheaters will keep on working for wrong bounties for a long time and new hunters will also have the chance to join. This is because some bounties have so many participants and so we need to spread ourselves so that we can all equally earn. Also, the recent forum rules will help in taking care of so many cheaters or multiple people joining the same bounty.

Without a doubt, the increase in the timing of the bounty campaign is not to the liking of the bounty hunters. I think this is due to the situation in the crypto currency market. Developers have to take such steps because of small fees.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:40:07 PM

We have a tough ico market right now, with less investors than before, and it is more difficult to raise funding in that conditions. Bounty hunters are affected too as the projects are. We have definitely seen better times.
Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:46:02 PM

I guess we already have related topic on the forum which also discuss something similar to this.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5039857.msg46277226#msg46277226
Insert_

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:56:06 PM

of course it does not like the participants of the company generosity, it is alarming, but not always such projects are scams, just did not attract the number of investors, which should therefore continue.
Negdan4ik

Activity: 230

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:58:36 PM

It always upsets me, I'm waiting for one and it turns out that all this is delayed, I once participated 4 months in the company and in the end it was a fraudulent project.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:27:07 PM

Extending of bounty campaigns is mostly stemmed from ICOs not reaching their hard cap. As a bounty hunter, this is good and bad at the same time. Good as you have a shot at getting more stakes and tokens, bad because you are stuck with the project when you should ordinarily move on to the next project.
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:31:26 PM

The recent change in the for ranking of accounts is to know whether new members are really serious in the forum posting work space as before the rewards was too big for the almost none effort job that some members do. That is why right now for a member to be really utilize the forum they would need to earn respect from other members by the way they deliver their thinking with is a good way to know if they are serious.

Also for the extension of the bounties we should always remember that all ICO is dependent on the sale of their coins / tokens that is why some of them are extending their token sale which they need to either reach the minimum requirement or even add more to that, we just need to see it in a marketing point of view before we judge.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:38:09 PM

Bad practice.
Especially for signature campaign. Just had the same ApolloX extended campaign for 2 (ok, just 2) weeks.
Without any bigger bounty pool and any other bonus.
Not good Sad
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:42:09 PM

I don't think Bounty Extension is a sweet thing, it is always bitter to the bounty hunters. Bounty hunters always pray for the ICO success early. Because If ICO makes success early then bounty hunters will get bounty rewards early! So, Bounty extension is not good for the hunters. And, Cheater always will do cheating! And Not some, Rather maximum bounty campaign has a lot of participants, that's why we don't get good payments anymore.

AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 06:48:56 PM

Some bounty program are now having an extension because some projects are not raising enough money within the ICO date. And the ICO will also have an extension along with the bounty program. With the current price of eth, ICO's are having a tough time raising enough funds.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:49:54 PM

Reality is that many ico has problems to rise even minimum funds
Usually there is some limits of participants
On other hands longer ico period bigger rewards will be
So point is to find really good ico what have real and good devs and what coins will be traded on major exchanges fast
Biggest problem now for all crypto is liquidity

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:54:09 PM

Depending on the bounty should dictate how people participate.  So if it is an ICO claim and they don't even have a main net or actual coins other than eth tokens people should be really careful.  With eth token payments, people need to be sure there is liquidity right now during a bounty or else the ICO can just flop at the end of the bounty and participants are left with wasted time and effort.  But there are other options too.

Regular POW or POS coins that have liquidity now may be an option to assure you don't get burned.  Of course, I don't want it to sound like I'm advocating for just dumping bounty rewards on the market either.  People need to do what is right for them and sometimes that means selling some or all of the asset but that may also be regretful later on if the value of the asset goes up.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:56:38 PM

The saddest thing is that the earnings of the bounty hunters from the renewal of the bounty of companies do not increase.

For 5-6 months you can get no more than $ 20. After all, the token drops by 90% after entering the crypto exchange
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:57:37 PM

Bad practice.
Especially for signature campaign. Just had the same ApolloX extended campaign for 2 (ok, just 2) weeks.
Without any bigger bounty pool and any other bonus.
Not good Sad

Even if the bounty extends and adds money to the bounty pool, I do not really like it either. It made me realize that the project was not good so there was a lack of investors so they had to expand the bounty
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:02:08 PM

Bounties usually have the stake system, and if the campaign is extended, the sum of tokens per one stake decreases. It is no good for bounty hunters and managers, but good for the developers.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
drgomez89

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:05:14 PM

Well until i read this i esa Happy about one if my bounties extensión . Now un worried because It could be the proyect did nota go Well just like one manera helixhills i participated for half a year And they end It without notice anyone. Until this date de dont know nothing about the proyect Me the Telegram Channel os abandoned so surely nothing good its goin yo come from there

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AgustaMod

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:05:25 PM
Merited by MaylaWet (2)

Bounty extension isnt ideal for everyone especially in siganture campaigns which the more you stay the less you will get because only those high ranks will gain more in a longer campaign.This can only be resolved if and only if these campaign managers are going to limit the number of participants so the hunters are going to get what they have worked for.
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:06:13 PM

In this respect I like the bounty campaign, which ends before the start of tokensale. Then, in the case of a successful ICO , the reward will be given to those who actually studied the project, believed in it and worked. And not those who flew into the campaign, when it became obvious that the project is good fundraising and advertising in principle it is no longer needed.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: