Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:08:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reputation section - different improvement suggestions  (Read 265 times)
Cashi (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:04:30 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 06:40:38 PM by Cashi

The Reputation section is one of the most important ones to get rid of cheaters and scammers, especially to shut down Merit traders, Alts joining the same signature campaigns by enrolling multiple accounts or other cheaters. Right now I'm working on a report of some cheaters enrolling multiple Alts in the same bounty, I'm still doing research to work this out and I can say that the work and research to do this is not easy at all. I had a look at the professional reports in Known Alts of any-one - A User Generated List Mk III (2018 Q3) and I have some suggestions to improve the Reputation section:  

- Good reports deserve a bunch of Merits. It's a hard work to do the research and create a detailed proof that everyone can understand the connections. Right now there are many detailed reports without Merit, which definitely deserve more. And as overall profit this will make it more attractive to spot Merit abusers or Alts cheating in a bounty. More people will be aware of the problem because it reduces stakes of every honest member who joins according the rules using one account in this bounty. Spotting cheaters will also reduce bounty spam. The solution can be to add Merit sources awarding good reports or existing Merit sources looking for good reports there.

- Many cheaters are submitted, but not tagged yet. The proof is often very clear and I think the problem is that the DT members are very busy to check this and tag cheaters accordingly. In my opinion it would help to add good cheater reporters to DT. This wil result in less work for every DT member and make sure to tag all cheaters. There are still many cheaters able to escape the red trust because the DT members are too busy to tag everyone. These reports will be lost forever and the chaters can continue cheating.

Here are some reports without a single Merit and most of them not tagged yet:

57 accounts connected: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg44465819#msg44465819 (most accounts not tagged, no Merit)
11 Accounts connected: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg43118455#msg43118455 (still not tagged despite excellent proof, no Merit)
11 Accounts connected: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg43675558#msg43675558 (most accounts not tagged, no Merit)
4 Accounts connected: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg42096883#msg42096883 (tagged but no Merit)
7 Accounts connected: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg42023813#msg42023813 (not tagged, no Merit)
6 Accounts connected: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg39275795#msg39275795 (no Merit)
11 Accounts connected: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg39167996#msg39167996 (still not tagged despite excellent proof, no Merit)
13 Accounts connected: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg45736714#msg45736714 (still not taggedd, no Merit)
...can be continued

Sometimes people bump their report to make it visible again but often this leads to nothing, because all DT are busy and these bumps only spam the topic (despite I understand the bumps). I hope we can add more DT members to tag cheaters or involve more existing DT members in it. I hope all efforts to detect cheaters will not be wasted if the report isn't handled.

Smiley Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:11:58 PM

I too saw many threads where lot of altaccounts got exposed but they were buried without the response from the DT members,maybe adding more DT members can solve this person but it is not going to happen since it is hard for someone to gain trust of the DT-1 who can make DT-2 members.But there are some low ranked members who is exposing much scams in the recent days but they were low ranked so it might be a reason they can't be a DT member.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Cashi (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:28:06 PM

I too saw many threads where lot of altaccounts got exposed but they were buried without the response from the DT members,maybe adding more DT members can solve this person but it is not going to happen since it is hard for someone to gain trust of the DT-1 who can make DT-2 members.But there are some low ranked members who is exposing much scams in the recent days but they were low ranked so it might be a reason they can't be a DT member.
I seems like this.
I saw a list just after I posted this, from 2 weeks ago, where some DT members are inactive since a long time and this can also explain why so many cheaters are not tagged yet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5025480.msg45474059#msg45474059

It might be a difficult decision to add new DT members but I hope it doesn't take too long to add a few new ones. It's a shitload of work for the active ones tagging there and if we can add active reporters to DT this will help a lot. There are a some members doing a good job helping the community and maybe a DT status can be earned by this. Maybe we can also create a DT level Bounty participant investigators designed for this issue.

Smiley Smiley
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1108

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 03:45:29 PM
Merited by Cashi (1)

Giving merits to the reporters is a great way to motivate others to do the same (report bounty abusers, scammers, etc.) but what's more important is to tag these bounty abusers ASAP. No point on reporting them if they could still roam around, join and cheat a bunch of bounty campaign with their army of alts. I've reported some alts before and still haven't gotten tagged up until now.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg43461117#msg43461117
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3438054.msg45732151#msg45732151
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg42853237#msg42853237
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2544574.msg40433640#msg40433640
We definitely need a DT who's main focus is to tag these alts to prevent them from joining and cheating future bounty campaigns. (If that's not too much to ask  Grin )

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 09:50:35 PM

The reputation section should be renamed as Alt-busting section or something similar of such sort.
- Good reports deserve a bunch of Merits. It's a hard work to do the research and create a detailed proof that everyone can understand the connections. Right now there are many detailed reports without Merit, which definitely deserve more. And as overall profit this will make it more attractive to spot Merit abusers or Alts cheating in a bounty. More people will be aware of the problem because it reduces stakes of every honest member who joins according the rules using one account in this bounty. Spotting cheaters will also reduce bounty spam. The solution can be to add Merit sources awarding good reports or existing Merit sources looking for good reports there.
Good reports =/= good posts. Just because you expose someone's alleged alt/s, you're not entitled to receiving merits. Spotting cheaters don't reduce spam. In case you forgot or didn't know, anyone can create accounts here, and to indefinite amounts. Stop trying to convert alt-account busting into a business.

- Many cheaters are submitted, but not tagged yet. The proof is often very clear and I think the problem is that the DT members are very busy to check this and tag cheaters accordingly. In my opinion it would help to add good cheater reporters to DT. This wil result in less work for every DT member and make sure to tag all cheaters. There are still many cheaters able to escape the red trust because the DT members are too busy to tag everyone. These reports will be lost forever and the chaters can continue cheating.
DT members aren't entitled to tag anybody as per your/anybody's will. Sometimes the said proof isn't worthy enough to tag the said cheaters. Every case is subjective, and not all DT members look into this bounty cheating alts. If any DT member has time, they'll look into it.

Sometimes people bump their report to make it visible again but often this leads to nothing, because all DT are busy and these bumps only spam the topic (despite I understand the bumps). I hope we can add more DT members to tag cheaters or involve more existing DT members in it. I hope all efforts to detect cheaters will not be wasted if the report isn't handled.
Not required. Trust me, you don't want to complicate the trust system by adding more rando/s. It does fuckall shit as is. No one is forced to detect cheaters, anyone who reports them do as per their own will.

Cashi (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:52:16 PM

We definitely need a DT who's main focus is to tag these alts to prevent them from joining and cheating future bounty campaigns. (If that's not too much to ask  Grin )
Actually, this is a very good idea, there are already some DT members doing a good job, but the numer of cheaters is too high...

DT members aren't entitled to tag anybody as per your/anybody's will. Sometimes the said proof isn't worthy enough to tag the said cheaters. Every case is subjective, and not all DT members look into this bounty cheating alts. If any DT member has time, they'll look into it.
This is a main reason to merit the really good reports having enough proof to be sure the owner is a cheater. I agree, if it's a poor or not sufficient proof, there should be no merits awarded, also if the report needed some time to research. No tag = no merit.

Not required. Trust me, you don't want to complicate the trust system by adding more rando/s. It does fuckall shit as is. No one is forced to detect cheaters, anyone who reports them do as per their own will.
Yes, understood, sometimes a simple system works better. But if nobody would do a hunt for cheaters, this forum would be much more a big mess. Or at least more profitable for cheaters and less profitable for honest participants if you join a signature campaign.

Smiley Smiley
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 02:46:45 PM

This is a main reason to merit the really good reports having enough proof to be sure the owner is a cheater. I agree, if it's a poor or not sufficient proof, there should be no merits awarded, also if the report needed some time to research. No tag = no merit.
Stop linking merit to posts that allegedly report cheaters. People will gain false hope, and abuse this shit by reporting their own useless alts.

Yes, understood, sometimes a simple system works better. But if nobody would do a hunt for cheaters, this forum would be much more a big mess. 
If only the forum were spam free to make it a big mess.  Embarrassed

Or at least more profitable for cheaters and less profitable for honest participants if you join a signature campaign.
Profitable? lmao...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: