Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:18:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CARB] CARBONCOIN new logo, rollover to 0.91, end of mining announced  (Read 13638 times)
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:03:41 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 08:28:36 AM by axismundi

Thread in progress, please bear with us

CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency

Logo competition thread: Congratulations Ckybe!

A significant barrier to investment in cryptocurrencies is the damage that they cause to the environment. So why not support the one which will change all this?

We are an open-source, democratically-managed cryptocurrency for our initial distribution based on the Scrypt algorithm, put to use helping the environment and the ever increasing threat posed by greenhouse gas emissions and climate change. We are open for public mining in the initial stages of our development to encourage environmental awareness in the mining community.

Mining will end in August, with the precise date/block number to be firmly announced on June 16 at 12:00PM UTC.

Please see the Goals/Milestones thread for what stage we are at in our development and plans for the future.

The Carboncoin Forest's initial sites, one in Hampshire, UK and the other in Wyoming, USA collectively have enough space to plant over a million saplings into permanent forestry. The price for planting the saplings is a fraction of the cost of other tree planting schemes, and will be entirely funded by Carboncoin donations, 100% of the proceeds from these donations will be going DIRECTLY to buying and planting saplings

CARBON-CO.IN                  CARBONCOINFOREST.ORG

Initial locations disclosed here.

All our trees planted on the project will be left to grow into permanent forestry, by that time having absorbed well over 1000kg of Carbon Dioxide on average.

Our fiat price for saplings is less than 20% of that of planting one as a gift online and the more we are able to purchase, the cheaper this will become. 100% of the funds released from converted donations will be going directly to planting trees or other natural sequestration projects.

If you would like to help with a donation please check here.

Mining pools include:

carbon.basshash.com

carb.crunchharder.net

https://www.miningpool.co/

coin-base.info/carboncoin/

carbon.hashrapid.com/

carbon.scryptominers.com

Pools still on the old client are shown as struckthrough.

We ask that pool admins restrict registrations/increase fees when total hashrate approaches 40% of network total.

Here's the blockchain:

carbonchain.info

We are available on three exchanges currently:

https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=CARB&base=BTC

https://agx.io/markets/323/trade

https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=720

Cryptorush.in

Follow us on twitter:

@truecarboncoin

Our average reward of 75000 coins per block will halve around the 12th June.

Source: https://github.com/carboncointrust/Carboncoin

Download the WinWallet (mac wallet, android wallet and QR functionality are all imminent)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:00:13 PM

Good luck with it.  Grin

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
nbphuoc

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:18:38 PM

How many will be premined?
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:27:45 PM

It's a relaunch. The dev abandoned the coin. We, the community, are trying to revive it. 

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:12:33 PM

It's a relaunch. The dev abandoned the coin. We, the community, are trying to revive it. 

We will be fine. If you want access to the premine, go to cryptorush and buy some! At one satoshi it's robbery. Other than that get mining!

AM

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:13:44 PM

Good luck with it.  Grin

Thank you sir, and for valuable contribution to twitter/basshash

Smiley

lolcoind

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:00:29 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 01:14:27 AM by lolcoind

slinger1015

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:04:06 AM

This is great news... Smiley

Noob question.
What if old dev comes back?
Can we do this?
And is this done often?

And Thank you.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:38:43 AM

Noob question.
Can we do this?
And is this done often?

And Thank you.

I understand your concern. And it is a good question. But the dev has been completely absent since the 25th of Feb. If not for the members of this community, the coin would be dead right now. Not sure how often this has happened, but if you look in the announcements forum you will see that there are at least a few coins that community members have taken over and re-launched because of lack of work from the dev, or because the dev did a pump and dump of the premined coins and then walked away from the coin. Hopefully that's not the case with this dev. Hopefully there is a good explanation why he/she/they have been inactive for over a week now and they make amends and get back to work on promoting this coin so it can lift above the 1 satoshi it has been stuck at since day one.

slinger1015

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:50:56 AM

I just had my GPU burn up last night or I would be mining carbon tonight may take me a week to grab an r9.

When I went to the new website I see it says Corbon [fiber] coin.
I like carbon fiber coin better then carbon.
So will are coin be referred to as carbon fiber soon?

I need my new gpu fast so I can mine I get paid tomorrow so I will be ordering it maybe before work.
I need to get more carbon fiber coins, lol
declensions

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:14:04 AM

this coin still has very little information... all you did was post a link to the old thread which had no information

C2.1: CfAMDL4FJomN8bLpsPKZz3mBtdQVg7Sgbp
CrayjeksAjek

Activity: 186

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:00:17 AM

Pool needs hashes! Only 2 miners (myself and one other person)
https://carbon.yourmine.org

carboncoin.conf example:
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=youruser
rpcpassword=yourpw
rpcport=9351
p2pport=9350
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=5.13.64.206
addnode=68.197.68.84
addnode=213.87.117.206

If wallet doesnt sync, delete .conf file.
If balances dont show, enter cmd.exe, change directories to your Carbon Coin folder or carboncoin.exe then type carboncoin-qt.exe -rescan
If all else fails, backup wallet, reinstall and try again.

tsinc80697

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:46:17 AM

Great coin, hopefully this thread revives it a little!
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:05:28 AM

Noob question.
Can we do this?
And is this done often?

And Thank you.

Totally agree with Steve there. The way I see it is we haven't done anything to the coin, there has been no hostile takeover we have just formed new nodes for the community in his absence.

It could go either of two ways, either the dev's 0.9% bounty as stated on the previous thread remains unspent, and when he comes back online he can ask me to whom it is due for the blockchain, new website, twitter etc and then we can get working on making it great together or, in a darker situation, he has offloaded the premine after the first launch, somewhere below the peak of 6 satoshis, and snuck away into the night. In the unhappy case of the latter, we will not be hearing from him again and we can all look forward to the day when we can laugh at him for selling out at a fraction of the value. Initially we failed to fly because of the lack of blockchain, and now we have one of those, carbonchain.net , which you can support by mining at carbon.basshash.com - the point being this is very probably the most undervalued coin out there!

I remain hopeful that the dev gets back in touch but either way it does not matter - if he has dumped then we are in a rare situation where if you want access to the "premine" you can go to an exchange and buy it. This is rather better than the various "pay for" launches!

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:39:11 AM

I just had my GPU burn up last night or I would be mining carbon tonight may take me a week to grab an r9.

When I went to the new website I see it says Corbon [fiber] coin.
I like carbon fiber coin better then carbon.
So will are coin be referred to as carbon fiber soon?

I need my new gpu fast so I can mine I get paid tomorrow so I will be ordering it maybe before work.
I need to get more carbon fiber coins, lol

Call it whatever you like best, it's not going to change the fact that there are only 16 billion of them Smiley

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:49:11 AM

Pool needs hashes! Only 2 miners (myself and one other person)
https://carbon.yourmine.org

carboncoin.conf example:
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=youruser
rpcpassword=yourpw
rpcport=9351
p2pport=9350
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=5.13.64.206
addnode=68.197.68.84
addnode=213.87.117.206

If wallet doesnt sync, delete .conf file.
If balances dont show, enter cmd.exe, change directories to your Carbon Coin folder or carboncoin.exe then type carboncoin-qt.exe -rescan
If all else fails, backup wallet, reinstall and try again.

It's a good idea to have loads of pools for when there is a real mining rush on. As a community we really do need to address the fact that the majority of miners are using hashrapid, this is not good for the network at all and actually a bit irresponsible. Anyone know who the hashrapid admin is?

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:15:15 AM

There are two pools on the network doing 8MH/s carbon.basshash.com and carbon.scryptominers.com both of these are FINDING BLOCKS and reporting good efficiency. Either of these with another 6-8MH will have the SAME EFFICIENCY

There is NO REASON to join the largest pool - all you do is make the coin less attractive to investors. I have messaged who I believe is the pool admin for hashrapid asking him to restrict registrations but AS A NETWORK we really need to step up here, come on people!

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:46:52 AM

this coin still has very little information... all you did was post a link to the old thread which had no information

Hi, what do you want to know exactly that you can't see there?

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:20:05 PM

There are two pools on the network doing 8MH/s carbon.basshash.com and carbon.scryptominers.com both of these are FINDING BLOCKS and reporting good efficiency. Either of these with another 6-8MH will have the SAME EFFICIENCY

There is NO REASON to join the largest pool - all you do is make the coin less attractive to investors. I have messaged who I believe is the pool admin for hashrapid asking him to restrict registrations but AS A NETWORK we really need to step up here, come on people!

AM, I'm gonna switch over to your pool this evening when I get home from work. Being a CPU miner I have to tread carefully on my mining so I don't burn up my processor. So I have to mine for a while and then stop so my CPU can take a breather... kinda like a fat man running a marathon.  Cool (No offense to anyone of large stature who may be reading this)

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

AM, I'm gonna switch over to your pool this evening when I get home from work. Being a CPU miner I have to tread carefully on my mining so I don't burn up my processor. So I have to mine for a while and then stop so my CPU can take a breather... kinda like a fat man running a marathon.  Cool (No offense to anyone of large stature who may be reading this)

That's the spirit! Smiley Lots of twitter activity today will update later on

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: