Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:25:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bithumb verification for foreigners - How is it actually done?  (Read 133 times)
Samcoins (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:02:43 AM

Hi,
I'm from Germany and would like to have my Bithumb account verified. It seems like there are very few people outside Korea who have actually done it and they don't give any valuable information on how to do it. The Bithumb website doesn't give to much information as well.

I'm especially confused with the details of the documents one has to send to Bithumb.
What parts of my Passport should be covered?
Are there any limits or special requirements for the uploaded file? Bittrex for example has a limit of 8GB and 8000 squarepixels for the uploaded documents.

How long does the verification process take? I've read from different sources that sometimes Bithumb doesn't respond at all.

Can anyone here please help me out with my questions?

Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6108

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:05:30 PM

Are you sure It's still a thing? I remember reading an article in Coindesk about registrations being opened again in the exchange but only for Koreans and according to a review from worldcryptoindex:

Level 1

Level 1 requires only email and SMS verification. With a level 1 account, you can deposit an unlimited amount of virtual currency into your account, but no KRW. You can not buy or sell any currency as a level 1 user.

Level 2

Level 2 requires further identification confirmation which includes everything from level 1, in addition to a cell phone, submission of the user’s passport, and I-PIN ID confirmation.

I-PIN ID confirmation is something you could only get from Korea I believe so even with a passport, you can't do much. You probably have to contact the support for a better clarification.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lyfecoin

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:43:05 AM

Bithumb officially allows foreigners to open and operate accounts on it's exchange

They have confirmed it on their official twitter account too

https://twitter.com/bithumbofficial/status/966877986191376385

https://twitter.com/bithumbofficial/status/971976717500690432?lang=en

But I have read somewhere that Korea has officially banned foreigners  from opening accounts in Korean exchanges
People who have opened their accounts before the new regulations,are allowed to operate for time being
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: