Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google to Reverse Crypto Ad Ban for Exchanges Advertising in US, Japan  (Read 127 times)
Ekosistim (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 01:41:14 AM
Merited by Kencha77 (1)

The U.S. tech giant Google is set to update its ad policy in October, reallowing some crypto businesses to advertise on its platform. The company announced this in an official post Tuesday, September 25.

According to the official announcement, starting in October Google will allow registered cryptocurrency exchanges to advertise on its Google Adwords platform, targeting the U.S. and Japanese audiences. The announcement says:

This decision follows an announcement in March that all crypto-related businesses will be banned from buying ads on Google Adwords, described by industry insiders as “unfair” and “troubling.”

To justify its crypto ad ban, Google said that it was protecting its customers from fraudulent offerings, including but not limited to “initial coin offerings, cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency wallets, and cryptocurrency trading advice.”

Other tech giants, such as Facebook and Twitter have made similar statements in a wave of crypto advertisement bans earlier this year.

Since then, Facebook has reversed its ad ban for pre-approved cryptocurrency firms, while still maintaining a ban on Initial Coin Offering (ICO) advertisement – a move similar to the one made today by Google.

Back in June, during an exclusive interview with Cointelegraph, Wikipedia’s Jimmy Wales commented on the attempts to regulate the blockchain and crypto industries, saying: “You can’t ban math. You can’t ban blockchain.”

Readmore: https://cointelegraph.com/news/breaking-google-to-reverse-crypto-ad-ban-for-exchanges-advertising-in-us-japan

FINANCEX || THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
━ ⋄❖⋄ PUBLIC ICO COUNTDOWN : ICO WEBSITE || Join NOW!!! ⋄❖⋄ ━ (https://ico.financex.io/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
i7claufe

Activity: 378
Merit: 42

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:49:06 AM

Wow! This is a very good news for the industry! I believe with the help of big industries like Google (with some reform or policies to filter out scam ICOs). This will greatly help the industry, I am re-imagining what happened last year is about to happen again! weee!

Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:09:34 AM

For me this is a good move by Google since ICOs spend a large percentage for advertising and Google can monetize on this but then Google will not only benefit but also the ICO Companies because this will be a efficient way to attract potential investors since it has a wide scope of users.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 03:51:10 AM

For me this is a good move by Google since ICOs spend a large percentage for advertising and Google can monetize on this but then Google will not only benefit but also the ICO Companies because this will be a efficient way to attract potential investors since it has a wide scope of users.

You have to read  that article,they are no way going to advertise the ICO.  They are going to only advertise "Pre approved" advertisement. These advertisement  will be of mostly of already established business.

Anyway, Good to know about this article.

I am alive
CreamIce

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:16:46 AM

Its a partial relaxation. So we must not be too excited about this. Google is playing smart at this by allowing only regulated exchanges for purchases.
You think it's a good move? Doesn't it encourage more and more regulation?
Though I understand exchanges need to be checked for liability but still aren't we falling for the wrong deal?
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:06:03 PM

It is not a surprise that they are doing this because it is only normal that people are going to want to use google to promote their coins and there is no way that google could hold up that ban. These are also their users that have these ads so it was only a matter of time before they started to reverse all of the bans before it started affecting them negatively

oioioi

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:04:11 PM

this is a very good development from the crypto world and makes it emerge more and more surface, Google is the best search engine in the world and accessed by millions of people every day, if crypto ads are displayed there, you can imagine the viewer every day

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:27:19 PM

they are still banning crypto to advertise in the potential country just like JAPAN and USA. this can be a good thing but not so good as so many people said.
we need to encourage more and more people from the potential countries because they can push the crypto to the moon dude.
this seems good than nothing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: