Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be Safe  (Read 1605 times)
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:50:48 AM

If we want to keep our assets and exchanges safe then we must be aware of hackers and scammers. We need to good use of our internet security and should not go to random websites which could be costly for us. So to make safe and sound our wallets as well as private keys we need to have the best knowledge overall internet security.
You have to secure your money and hackers are more alive and target more exchanges. For you to be safe, you have to do not keep all the amount on the exchanges when you want to hold them. Better to use multiple accounts where you can use on different transactions.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 02:47:42 AM

That's not really new these days as the hacking of digital assets exchange becomes the target of these cyber criminals. I wonder why the teams behind these digital assets exchanges not putting SECURITY on their top priorities. I feel worried about my crypto assets that i deposited in a certain DAE that gives daily bonus rewards based on the amount of coins you have stored in their exchange.

faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:59:30 AM

If we want to keep our assets and exchanges safe then we must be aware of hackers and scammers. We need to good use of our internet security and should not go to random websites which could be costly for us. So to make safe and sound our wallets as well as private keys we need to have the best knowledge overall internet security.
It would be better to keep your funds away from exchabges, you have no full control of your funds since you don't have the private key in your hand. Better use an open source wallet lije HODLER since you can easily detect the potential vulnerabilities and make quick action about this threats. Open source wallet also is hard to get hacked, it is safer than exchanges. Another thing is it is essential how tge backup is properly stored, the wallet I used has secure back up which is encrypted and can be save in email which no way a hacker could get the key.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:10:26 AM

I agree that we need to secure our account in every exchange we registered by activating every recommendation from that site. Besides that, it is better to save the coins in the offline wallet so if somehow, the exchanges got hacked, and we still save the coins without anyone can access. Perhaps, we might hear that many people get hacked because of the weak security from the exchanges and make people lost their coins/tokens. And this is why we need to secure our account so that the coins will be safe from the hacker but I realize that it depends on the security of the site and if they have strong and good security then the chance to get hacked is small.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: