Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Merit Analysis] How many Merit received users  (Read 568 times)
kirreev070 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 293

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:48:15 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 03:08:25 PM by kirreev070
Merited by TMAN (5), DdmrDdmr (3), serg_13 (3), Cyrus (1), LoyceV (1), The Cryptovator (1), Alone055 (1)

The merit system has been around for more than eight months. So I decided to find out how many merit got the top 10, top 20, top 50, top 100, of the total number of merit.

1. All Awarded Merit

I took the information about all the received merits from the post sMerit participants – A quick follow-up after the changes

As you can see at this diagram for all the time it was received 236823 merit.

2. Top 10 Merited Profiles

Top 10 profiles received 10622 merit. In percentage terms it is 4.39% of the total number of merit.

Code:
Users Ranks:
              Amount           Merit            Per cent of the amount of Top 10
Brand new       -                -                             -
Newbie          -                -                             -
Jr Member       -                -                             -
Member        -                -                             -
Full Member -                -                             -
Sr. Member 1               1005                          9.46%
Hero Member -                -                             -
Legendary       5               4181                          39.36%
Copper Member   2               1498                          14.10%

Special Ranks:

Donator         -                -                             -
Staff           -                -                             -
Global Mod      -                -                             -
Administrator   1               2722                          25.62%
Founder         1               1216                          11.44%

3. Top 20 Merited Profiles

Top 20 profiles received 17005 merit. In percentage terms it is 7.03% of the total number of merit.

Code:
Users Ranks:
              Amount           Merit            Per cent of the amount of Top 20
Full Member 1               554                           3.25%
Sr. Member 4               2850                          16.75%
Hero Member 2               1242                          7.30%
Legendary       8               6254                          36.77%
Copper Member   2               1498                          8.80%

Special Ranks:

Donator         -               -                             -
Staff           1               669                           3.93%
Global Mod      -               -                             -
Administrator   1               2722                          16.00%
Founder         1               1216                          7.15%

4. Top 50 Merited Profiles

Top 50 profiles received 29339 merit. In percentage terms it is 12.14% of the total number of merit.

Code:
Users Ranks:
              Amount           Merit            Per cent of the amount of Top 50
Full Member 2               1032                          3.51%
Sr. Member 12              6164                          21.00%
Hero Member 9               4318                          14.71%
Legendary       17              9827                          33.49%
Copper Member   3               1864                          6.35%

Special Ranks:

Donator         2               746                           2.54%
Staff           3               1550                          5.28%
Administrator   1               2722                          9.27%
Founder         1               1216                          4.14%

5. Top 100 Merited Profiles

Top 100 profiles received 43237 merit. In percentage terms it is 17.89% of the total number of merit.

Code:
Users Ranks:
              Amount           Merit            Per cent of the amount of Top 100
Brand new       1               250                           0.57%
Full Member 5               1924                          4.44%
Sr. Member 29              10977                         25.38%
Hero Member 22              7901                          18.27%
Legendary       26              12804                         29.61%
Copper Member   9               4538                          10.49%

Special Ranks:

Donator         2               746                           1.72%
Staff           3               1550                          3.58%
Global Mod      1               289                           0.66
Administrator   1               2722                          6.29%
Founder         1               1216                          2.81%

Note1: All information of this topic is taken from https://bpip.org

Note2: All information in this topic about merit and users maximally close to time of creating this topic (10/02/2018).
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HODL2090

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:21:43 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2018, 09:21:37 PM by HODL2090

This shows that we have only a few of the entire community contributing qualitatively enough. And we should encourage the rest of the community to contribute.
and we should do our fair bit in reducing spam, like users on the mining board who closely monitor and moderate their threads.

This shows that we have only a few of the entire community contributing qualitatively enough. And we should encourage the rest of the community to contribute.
and we should do our fair bit in reducing spam, like users on the mining board who closely monitor and moderate their threads.
Not true. This shows there are many quality posters who don't have enough merits. If you look at the other thread by @suchmoon, it proves the number of merits wasted on newbie accounts which were banned. These merits would have definitely helped a legit newbie rank-up.

Yes, I just saw that thread, and it's adoption the number of merits lost. I'm not sure I would call it wastes, as a merit I'd just to acknowledge the quality in a post. And I think it did that, regardless if the users were banned.
And for other legit newbies, I believe merit sources can be airdropped more smerits and they could be increased in number to reach to more quality users.
I believe quality users would surely rank more if the higher ranked members are collectively interested in meriting quality.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:24:45 PM

Not true. This shows there are many quality posters who don't have enough merits. If you look at the other thread by @suchmoon, it proves the number of merits wasted on newbie accounts which were banned. These merits would have definitely helped a legit newbie rank-up.
iyke12

Activity: 310
Merit: 1

Probit - Global Asset exchange

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 10:16:05 PM
Merited by TMAN (1)

This looks like maths , And I do not like maths .
sashagay

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:47:35 PM

This information looks really cool. Hard work done, but what about top 200, top 500 etc? Can you do it?

This looks like maths , And I do not like maths .

Same, I don't like math Grin
Alone055

Activity: 970
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 01:16:34 PM

Top 100 profiles received 43237 merit. In percentage terms it is 17.89% of the total number of merit.

Code:
Users Ranks:

This must be a mistake. A user who has earned 250 Merits would not remain a Brand new since it only requires 1 activity point to become a Newbie and someone cannot earn Merits without posting anything. If someone who has spent less than 6 weeks in the forum and earned that much Merit, he must be a Newbie, otherwise if he has spent more time than that, he would be in a higher rank. But however, a Brand new user cannot have any Merits (unless he gets them for the very first post he does and his profile isn't updated yet).

kirreev070 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:31:03 PM

This must be a mistake. A user who has earned 250 Merits would not remain a Brand new since it only requires 1 activity point to become a Newbie and someone cannot earn Merits without posting anything. If someone who has spent less than 6 weeks in the forum and earned that much Merit, he must be a Newbie, otherwise if he has spent more time than that, he would be in a higher rank. But however, a Brand new user cannot have any Merits (unless he gets them for the very first post he does and his profile isn't updated yet).

I took data from https://bpip.org
As you can see from the screenshot, on this site he Rank Brand New. I will also leave a link to his page on the site https://bpip.org

Link: https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=Ajpa94

Edit: I looked at his page he hasn't activity
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:40:21 PM

Code:
Users Ranks:
Full Member 2               1924                          4.44%

Special Ranks:

What?! How come that a very small number of forum members could be able to achieved thousands of merits? Let me cite an example based on the data gathered. Only two Full Member accounts are the main responsible for getting 1924 merits in total which for me was so unbelievable! Seems that they are highly intelligent up to the extent of reaching this point, no doubt that both of them are role models Shocked.  May I know their names?

Anyway, you said that these list are the Top 100 Merited Profiles but if you will sum up all of them (users ranks and special ranks) you will only come up with 97. Where are the remaining three?
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 01:51:25 PM

~snip~

In my opinion, user got ban. Moderators has deleted his all the post. Also it's look user got tagged from DT for abuse merit system. Due to deleted his all post he became newbie again.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10727

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 03:02:48 PM

<...>
I think that the 3 missing ones are Full Members too. I've seen 5 Full Members amongst the top 100 merited (@theyoungmillionaire, @pitipawn, @abhiseshakana, @Husna QA, @zentdex). There's an additional 2 that are also Copper Members(@nullius and @Coolcryptovator).
Alone055

Activity: 970
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 03:56:08 PM

I looked at his page he hasn't activity

Yeah, now when you posted the link to his profile, it is clear to me. So the guy was a Sr. member who got 250 Merit from the initial Merit Airdrop, and got all those extra Merits from his friends (or alts) in bulks abusing the system, and when he got negative tagged for that, he deleted all his posts which brought his activity points back to zero hence making him a Brand new user once again.
Strange case. You don't get to see such cases very often. At least I haven't seen one before this.

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10727

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 04:27:00 PM

<...>
I managed to dig up a bit more:

The account was a Sr. Member as you say, with 250 Merits airdropped. Over 12 TXs he got the additional 250 Merits, all for what are now deleted posts.
On the 15/06/2018 he has 565 posts, but a week later (22/06/2018) the count was of 6 (deleted during the next week).

Post titles before being delete were such as (missing a few):
Code:
amount section                            subsection               post_title
20 Alternate cryptocurrencies Announcements (Altcoins) Re: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.
20 Alternate cryptocurrencies Announcements (Altcoins) Re: CHESSCOIN - 32% POS  - COIN FOR CHESS COMMUNITY
30 Alternate cryptocurrencies Announcements (Altcoins) Re: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform
30 Alternate cryptocurrencies Announcements (Altcoins) Re: ICOBID PLATFORM - BRING GREAT IDEAS TO LIFE | SOURCE CODE AVAIL| MINING STARTS
30 Alternate cryptocurrencies Announcements (Altcoins) Re: 🔹🅰RK🔹 [ANN][ARK] A Platform for Consumer Adoption🔹40% LISK Bonus - 2nd Week
20 Alternate cryptocurrencies Altcoin Discussion        Re: How to find out a legit ICO?
25 Alternate cryptocurrencies Announcements (Altcoins) Re: Tezos discussion
5 Other Meta Re: Merit & new rank requirements
20 Other Meta Re: Merit & new rank requirements
The account was red tagged on the 22nd and 23rd July 2018, therefore rushing to delete all posts probably on the date of the first red tag. Strange that some of the TXs took place on Meta, which is not the brightest idea…
kirreev070 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:11:39 PM

Yeah, now when you posted the link to his profile, it is clear to me. So the guy was a Sr. member who got 250 Merit from the initial Merit Airdrop, and got all those extra Merits from his friends (or alts) in bulks abusing the system, and when he got negative tagged for that, he deleted all his posts which brought his activity points back to zero hence making him a Brand new user once again.
Strange case. You don't get to see such cases very often. At least I haven't seen one before this.

Yes, I think he bought merit. Because he received 20, 30, 50 merit each, and this amount is given very rarely.

The account was a Sr. Member as you say, with 250 Merits airdropped. Over 12 TXs he got the additional 250 Merits, all for what are now deleted posts.
On the 15/06/2018 he has 565 posts, but a week later (22/06/2018) the count was of 6 (deleted during the next week).

This is quite interesting information and it can serve as an example for all who are trying to cheat. I have seen similar examples, but with the rank of Member.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:26:03 PM

So this data will quickly bust the myth that merit is only earned by people who are part of the top merited list, the top 100 didn't even have a fifth of all the merits sent in the forum. Even though they technically earn half of the sMerits being given to them their is no hard evidence based in the data that they are only cycling it back to them, if that happens it will be larger than 17% of the total sMerits given in the forum.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:38:39 PM

I think that the 3 missing ones are Full Members too. I've seen 5 Full Members amongst the top 100 merited (@theyoungmillionaire, @pitipawn, @abhiseshakana, @Husna QA, @zentdex). There's an additional 2 that are also Copper Members(@nullius and @Coolcryptovator).
Thanks for sharing. I will definitely visit their profiles and find tips on how to post the "expert" way Grin.

Wow! I'm surprised that theyoungmillionaire belong to the list. He is also a Filipino like me and I can say that he is really deserving for this since he's a true active member of our local board so congrats for him. Also, I'm just glad because he prove to the world that not all us are shitposters/spammers and can contribute to the crypto world as a whole.
Romeoetin

Activity: 240
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:29:03 AM

The merit system has been around for more than eight months. So I decided to find out how many merit got the top 10, top 20, top 50, top 100, of the total number of merit.

1. All Awarded Merit

I took the information about all the received merits from the post sMerit participants – A quick follow-up after the changes

As you can see at this diagram for all the time it was received 236823 merit.

Top 10 profiles received 10622 merit. In percentage terms it is 4.39% of the total number of merit.

Code:
Users Ranks:

Special Ranks:

3. Top 20 Merited Profiles

Top 20 profiles received 17005 merit. In percentage terms it is 7.03% of the total number of merit.

Code:
Users Ranks:
              Amount           Merit            Per cent of the amount of Top 20
Full Member 1               554                           3.25%
Sr. Member 4               2850                          16.75%
Hero Member 2               1242                          7.30%
Legendary       8               6254                          36.77%
Copper Member   2               1498                          8.80%

Special Ranks:

Donator         -               -                             -
Staff           1               669                           3.93%
Administrator   1               2722                          16.00%
Founder         1               1216                          7.15%

4. Top 50 Merited Profiles

Top 50 profiles received 29339 merit. In percentage terms it is 12.14% of the total number of merit.

Code:
Users Ranks:
              Amount           Merit            Per cent of the amount of Top 50
Full Member 2               1032                          3.51%
Sr. Member 12              6164                          21.00%
Hero Member 9               4318                          14.71%
Legendary       17              9827                          33.49%
Copper Member   3               1864                          6.35%

Special Ranks:

Donator         2               746                           2.54%
Staff           3               1550                          5.28%
Administrator   1               2722                          9.27%
Founder         1               1216                          4.14%

Code:
Users Ranks:
Full Member 5               1924                          4.44%

Special Ranks:

Note1: All information of this topic is taken from https://bpip.org

Note2: All information in this topic about merit and users maximally close to time of creating this topic (10/02/2018).

Wow. This looks so complicated. I never liked complicated things. YOLO  Cool
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:00:12 AM

Code:
Users Ranks:

Special Ranks:

Looking at your statistics, I was most interested in this particular chart. It is clear that among the Top 10 Merited Profiles legendary members are present mostly. They spent the most time on the forum, they write quality and interesting posts, they understand the intricacies of this site. Copper Members are often managers of bounty campaigns and due to this they get merits. But what seemed suspicious to me was why there are no heroes among the top 10, although there is one senior. I believe that this is due to the lack of motivation of hero rank users for promotion on the forum. In fact, they are no different from the legendary ones (they are also respected, they are listened to, the same payment is usually offered for them in signature campaigns), therefore, there is no desire to raise the rank. Whereas seniors still have to strive for self-improvement and better conditions. The desire to raise the rank motivates the participants, they try, improve and end up with the opportunity to achieve greater success than those who are already a hero and not seeking for more.
KocaEfe

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:46:27 PM

So this data will quickly bust the myth that merit is only earned by people who are part of the top merited list, the top 100 didn't even have a fifth of all the merits sent in the forum. Even though they technically earn half of the sMerits being given to them their is no hard evidence based in the data that they are only cycling it back to them, if that happens it will be larger than 17% of the total sMerits given in the forum.
If every participant who has smerit patrolled in this forum and encouraged other participants, then the movements would be much more. And since I and many other participants do not create important and necessary content, training, guides, manuals, reviews that could be encouraged. So smerit remain unused.
In fact, the whole process of smerit movement in this forum depends on us.
BoxerRobert
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:46:43 AM

A new merit system is very hard to earn for a newbie. Before one back i was a jr member now am a newbie.
I saw this post but very difficult to understand.

slocker

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:29:40 AM

A new merit system is very hard to earn for a newbie. Before one back i was a jr member now am a newbie.
I saw this post but very difficult to understand.

Maybe this one but there are many explanation here about merit from various users. Check user DdmrDdmr (profile link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1582324). He has good topic about merit and distribution with very good graphic. Personally follow his topics to see any new improvement and to see where is the best place to get merit and to try with good port and constructive ones to get or to at least read something usefull. In this merit system is not so important to make good long post, sometimes its more important to get the subject right. On this i mean you can make good and constructive post worth merit for something that will be good with only 30-50 characters long.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: