Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apart from trading where else to use crypto?  (Read 2224 times)
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:40:37 AM

There's a lot of use cases in Crypto not just apart of trading, store of value or buy/sel stuff but also a good way to communicate a people. Cryptocurrency is evolving and changing the world for a new order of security and trust which will lead for a better jurisdiction.
Yes probably it is. Aside from cryptocurrency used for trading, it is used in doing transactions such as paying for bills and such. This really happens, and this is a good indication on the part of bitcoin. This is a good start, we should be hopeful that soon enough more and more countries would adopt it.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:51:33 AM

Basically, crypto currency is used for online payment for products you wanted to buy and of course for the services rendered online. It's a good alternative for fiat and now, Paypal may have been threatened already by cryptos.

It is better to invest in the best cryptocurrencies with the aim to hold them for several years. In this case, you can earn a really good sum of money. The crypto will grow.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:07:11 AM

ICO tokens are meant to be used in their own ecosystem launched by the ICO, but due to lack of the product, the tokens cannot be used in their ecosystem & have no value, hence then the token is left aside for trading which is pumped & dumped by investors to cover their initial capital. Most of the ICOs are offering a similar working product just with few amendments in function which lacks an interest to the public.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:48:00 AM

Here in my country I can freely use crypto as monthly payment for my billings such as Electricity, water, internet, savings, and tuition fee and those altcoins that I can able to use was Bitcoin, Ethereum, Xrp(ripple), and Bch these are the altcoins that being accepted in the exchange we had it here in my place actually.

This is true. Bitcoin or cryptocurrency is not only for trading it is also effective to use in transactions more especially it is a form of investment. As I have observed, bitcoin or cryptocurrency that was used in doing transactions is an easy way and also ot saves time and effort. Therefore we can ay it is not only for trading but also effective for transactions.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:49:07 PM

Me aside from trading im doing a bounty hunting. This is the most common in here in crypto but it took a month to be paid not like trading daily profit. But bounty is no risk not like trading.
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:02:27 PM

There is a wide utility of the altcoins. For example you can buy parts for your card with autounit, or you can enjoy the benefits of green energy with robotina. But not only that, you can buy mining services for cryptocurrency. So it is a question of what do you need and where you can find it on the blockchain.
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:38:13 AM

I think we just need to give these crypto currencies time and patience. Right now, i see alt coins that build their blockchains around internet servoces like gambling and content. But i think given time, projects will rise that we can eventually use crypto currencies to buy food and services we actually need to survive everyday.

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:44:47 AM

More than 90% of ICOs (still a wide margin) lack pure utility aside from trading values. Among freelancers, people may trade one crypto for another, but in a brick and mortar business scenario, crypto has little to no impact. For example if I walk into a store I could get the credit card and a few other payment options. Still, with the over abundance of crypto technologies and their native tokens, only a handful of stores have barcodes for bitcoin and a few other payment coin types.

I think we need more radical real world businesses tokenizing their products and using this 'tokenization' as a means to garner support for mainstream crypto adoption. Like rewarding people loyalties for using their products.

Does anyone else here share the same concerns, or do you know a coin that is owned by real businesses for such purposes?

Bitcoin crypto currency aside from trading it will also available for payment over drive-tru from food chain aside from payment directly peer to peer or money transfer if ever Bitcoin become primary use I think some bitcoin organizer are makes a card like credit card that make swipe to machine with bitcoin processing quickly process for payment method not only for food chain  it is also available for shopping mall, hotels restaurant, shipping company and airline company. and also making qua lateral for future loans and real business with provable evidence.
feelivent

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:14:30 AM

franlky speaking, its nothing much can do besides trading. no like you can really buy grocery with bitcoin right now, except your country currency is way more volatile compare crypto, it hardly can do anything right now. it might have bigger application in larger scales like international transaction.
It is not only in cryptocurrency market but everywhere in the world. In medicine field big distributers will never let small dealers to make big money because they reduce the profit percentage which is not possible for small investors and after some time small investors leave the market. In my opinion small investors should not give attention what big investors do but always focus on their achievements.
Rembedful

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:21:36 AM

I think we need more radical real world businesses tokenizing their products and using this 'tokenization' as a means to garner support for mainstream crypto adoption. Like rewarding people loyalties for using their products.

Does anyone else here share the same concerns, or do you know a coin that is owned by real businesses for such purposes?
Some days ago Ripple CEO announces 3[three] companies which are now using Ripple as a means of payment  https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-event-reveal-3-companies-are-now-using-xrp-for-real-payments/, so, ripple is almost there.

One should know how to maximized the market not only on Trading, HODL, Investment either long term or short term, The issue on how to use your Token in general public is still under studies, not all country or Business community are open foe Crypto exchanges in the market as general usage, This the main issue in term of Regulation by government and, Financial Business community. one should learn the market on Crypto Digital Transaction.

With the passage of time more and more companies will start using and accepting cryptos as their regular currency. Today 3 companies accept Ripple as their mode of payment and tomorrow more companies will follow them, because crypto is the future currency and will be used worldwide without any need of exchange or bank transactions. This is good overall.
yousbabtle

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:37:26 PM

There is a wide utility of the altcoins. For example you can buy parts for your card with autounit, or you can enjoy the benefits of green energy with robotina. But not only that, you can buy mining services for cryptocurrency. So it is a question of what do you need and where you can find it on the blockchain.
I usually use my bitcoin for my daily expenditures. I mostly earn coins from campaigns and cash them out because I have no other job and crypto campaigns are the only source for my income. I am happy because it has given me a job at my home. I am earning quite reasonable money from bounty campaigns. I hope these campaigns will continue forever.
johnalyn

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:37:14 PM

I technically use Crypto in my daily expenses and bills,  My parents when they don't have enough money I use to get my collected rewards from bounty campaigns I joined before that's why it is a really big help to me.  And because of earnings that I recieved before in some bounties I also invested in some popular currency to earn a big profit.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:47:38 PM

Most of the time crypto is being considered as an asset and sometimes it will be compared to stock exchange market but has a higher volatility rate. It is more risky than stock market exchange but it is also the most profitable compared to stock market exchange in my point of views because of its high volatility rate.

But, the main use of cryptocurrency is not like this because it has its own utilization. As we all know that every ICO project who made their tokens were having a purpose and that is the utilization of the tokens/coins. The utilization will depend on what the project is all about and its demand will depend also its community that will going to utilize the tokens for that project.

If you are going to ask where else to use crypto? The safest answer is that it will depend on the tokens/coins utilization per ICO project.
jestbenen8

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:36:09 PM

I think we just need to give these crypto currencies time and patience. Right now, i see alt coins that build their blockchains around internet servoces like gambling and content. But i think given time, projects will rise that we can eventually use crypto currencies to buy food and services we actually need to survive everyday.
Yeah you are right we should give time to cryptocurrency and there is no doubt that it will take over the market in the future. We will definitely use cryptos in our local market for our daily needs. Using our cryptos is the actual aim of bitcoin and not earning money. With the passage of time people will enter into crypto world and the use will also increase. I already use my coins for my daily shopping.
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:42:41 PM

More than 90% of ICOs (still a wide margin) lack pure utility aside from trading values. Among freelancers, people may trade one crypto for another, but in a brick and mortar business scenario, crypto has little to no impact. For example if I walk into a store I could get the credit card and a few other payment options. Still, with the over abundance of crypto technologies and their native tokens, only a handful of stores have barcodes for bitcoin and a few other payment coin types.

I think only few businesses integrated cryptocurrency in their business model. However, this is only applicable and probable in countries where cryptocurrency is supported by people and government. Some companies are still skeptical to use cryptocurrency because of the market volatility.
Sifon

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:50:25 PM

There are quite a number of online stores that have options for you to pay in to crypto, mostly Bitcoin. The level of acceptance of cryptocurrencies as options for payments is largely dependent on the level of adoption in those countries. If cryptos are popular, you'll more retail outlets and businesses accepting or having options for you to pay in crypto.

Secondly, some altcoins are useful for payments on certain platforms, an example is BNB which is use for payment of fees. Other tokens like OPEN will useful for payment on the blockchain.
The_Tick

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:26:48 PM

Businesses aren't going to tokenize their products unless they have better incentives. There needs to be more services aimed at guiding businesses into the crypto realm, making it more easily digestible for them to understand how they could earn more money by implementing crypto payment options.

There already are quite a few businesses that already accept crypto, which is a good sign. (Expedia and Microsoft are probably the most well-known on the list.)

https://www.lifewire.com/big-sites-that-accept-bitcoin-payments-3485965
Jateng

Activity: 1268
Merit: 148

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:10:33 PM

So aside from trading, I am converting my cryptos into peso and then use it to buy something that I need and something that i want. To be honest this is really my purpose why I am here. I am joining bounty campaigns then after I received my payment, I will convert. Before I do not know what trading is as well as mining. Later on, I get to know trading and started doing it.

arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:41:23 PM

besides being used for trading maybe you can use bitcoin or cryptocurrency to buy something you want, there are some cases when in the past before the price of bitcoin was as expensive as this, there were cases of people buying pizza using bitcoin so the moment became the history of bitcoin usage despite trading, so You can use cryptocurrency to make whatever payment you want, only the seller must be able to accept cryptocurrency payments.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:55:11 PM

Apart from trading, crypto have other uses and untapped potentials, bitcoin for example is being used for payment and instant transactions. Altcoins and ICOs also have use case well defined in their WP of which most are still abstract. Common use case is these cryptos only give access to their project ecosystem or products.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: