Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:57:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the advantages after deleting the spammy posts?  (Read 187 times)
jademaxxiss012 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 06:30:33 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 12:08:17 PM by jademaxxiss012

I had just deleted most of my posts here in the forum specifically on the Spam Mega Threads and to lessen also the activities I had required. Maybe this could lessen in some little ways on the high traffic of posts on those sections.

See figure on how I deleted some of my posts it was not yet updated so the activity is high and posts counted are low in figures!

The decision was being made for I just want also to start doing good things in the forum and forgetting all the wrong doings. Aside from that I received a feedback after he gave the merit to my thread.

Ok, your OP is a bit overdone really, but I have merited your post because it shows that you can step-up your posting skills and give it more thought than on many of your previous posts.
This overcooked post shows that you can step-it-up if you want to.

I have to keep this member's feedback in my mind and serves it as a motivation!

However, after deleting the spam posts I made I just wonder if:

1. Does it help the forum from saving space after the deletion of spam posts?
2. Does the admins trace the deleted posts?

Thank you in advance for an answer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 06:45:01 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 06:57:42 AM by Coolcryptovator

Deleted post will not effect on your activity if your post aren't less than current activity. But on your case you deleted more than your activity and your activity reduced now. It will take little time to reflect on your profile. Once you got screenshoot you has deleted post. And after few minutes your activity and post became accurate.

I guess still you are deleting post during my posting. You will become newbie again and your photo will disable also.

Thank you in advance for an answer I will locked this thread once i got some answers!

1. Question isn't about only space. By deleting your post you reduced spam. That's the benifites.  Since you are improving your posting behaviour than why it's necessary keep spam post on your profile.

2. Obviously admin can trace even post are deleted.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Marshall14

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:59:56 AM

I had just deleted most of my posts here in the forum specifically on the Spam Mega Threads and to lessen also the activities I had required. Maybe this could lessen in some little ways on the high traffic of posts on those sections.
While deleting your post is simply to your own advantage,i don't think it's gonna reduce the high traffic in those mega sections,its just one out of million....what this does is if you make a meritable post,or give assistance to someone,most members go through your post history before handing out merits,so it could just increase your chances...well played...

Thank you in advance for an answer I will locked this thread once i got some answers!
The forum can accommodate even a billion more spam posts,its not about space,its about the integrity of the forum,we really are surrounded by legends in here,spam posts were killing what the forum was built on,and now the tides has changed,you now have to learn to earn..pretty nice huh..

A deleted post could be retrieved my theymos,but that is in extreme cases,i do not see any reason why we should go after your deleted posts...

clear cookies

Activity: 268
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:42:34 AM

Delete post history, you make people keep their eyes on your work.
Sorry for the off topic. Before you deleted those post specially on bounty reports.
I got this, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3220440.new#new.
Wrong timing bud.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 09:45:21 AM

I might have given you a merit for the opening post, but that dreadful formatting put me off reading most of it.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 09:53:28 AM

Sorry for off-topic a bit, but how OP can have signature right now? After deletion of high number of his posts, he don't have enough activity to be Jr. Member and was demoted to Junior. Well, he he will become Junior as soon as he will get enough activity, but right now he is Newbie, and as theymos said:
Also, newbies can no longer set any signature or personal text.

LoyceMobile

Activity: 1650
Merit: 686

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 10:30:46 AM

Sorry for off-topic a bit, but how OP can have signature right now? After deletion of high number of his posts, he don't have enough activity to be Jr. Member and was demoted to Junior. Well, he he will become Junior as soon as he will get enough activity, but right now he is Newbie, and as theymos said:
Also, newbies can no longer set any signature or personal text.
OP didn't set the signature as a Newbie. Theymos had to actively delete the signatures when demoting accounts, and initially forgot to delete them from Newbies.
So when deranking, the signature stays.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kuuper

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:40:28 AM

I might have given you a merit for the opening post, but that dreadful formatting put me off reading most of it.
lol, the formatting did put me off too.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:43:08 AM

I am not so sure by that but if the code states "delete" from the database then yes that saves a very tiny amount of space.

[/i]

If the admin can traced the posts that got deleted then the answer for your question number 1 will be no because obviously those post will just be moved to another tables. "Which is labeled as deleted posts table."  

For me deleting your posts from mega spam threads will not help in atleast reducing spamming best way to do is to suggest locking that certain mega spam threads.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: