Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:26:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should SWAP of altcoins be done for every one of them?  (Read 158 times)
Ctn (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:54:05 AM

Its pretty straight question but discussion could be more focused on the great features of the SWAP technology that allows you to swap your altcoins with other alts very easily and almost instantly. I mean I have always been using this tech only if I ever wanted to get the tokens swapped instantly with the ETH and BTC. I see that MEW doesnt allow you to do the direct SWAPS with the BTC. So first I always need to go with the ETH and then do the SWAP of ETH with the BTC. Thats a big problem of it and I wish every coin could have been possible to be swapped with BTC. However, these upgrades may come handy in the future if more focus is put on them by someone.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:58:36 AM

It would be very comfortable feature, for those who have a lot of different altcoins. I wish I could swap 50 percent of my alts with just a few clicks, instead of searching for an exchange where this particular altcoin is traded on and than swap them into ETH or BTC. I would save a lot of time.
Hanebel

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:25:07 PM

It would be great if it happens. It will not only provide convenience but also, it would somehow lessen the cost since we will not be paying for transactions fees in sending it to an exchange and back to our wallets (of course I am expecting a conversion fee but I believe it could be minimal). But I think coinomi has this feature for some of its coins.
Angleworm

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:46:05 PM

The swappable features of altcoins are very useful. One an easily swap from one altcoin to another, providing ease of transaction.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:14:19 PM
Merited by dunfida (1)

Life is not fair which is why I believe that the swap of altcoins will not be done in years to come
Doing that would render exchanges almost useless and without any form of gain and profit

I think the Blockchain service is normal as it is
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:42:58 PM

Its pretty straight question but discussion could be more focused on the great features of the SWAP technology that allows you to swap your altcoins with other alts very easily and almost instantly. I mean I have always been using this tech only if I ever wanted to get the tokens swapped instantly with the ETH and BTC. I see that MEW doesnt allow you to do the direct SWAPS with the BTC. So first I always need to go with the ETH and then do the SWAP of ETH with the BTC. Thats a big problem of it and I wish every coin could have been possible to be swapped with BTC. However, these upgrades may come handy in the future if more focus is put on them by someone.

Right now you can only do direct swap of token with ETH or BTC on exchanges. I think there's a project in the space currently working on Swaps. It's name is Atomic Swap and I think they will do pretty well

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:47:05 PM

Atomic Swaps is the technology you are asking about. I believe Ark, Komodo, and a few others are looking to become universal atomic swap mediums. There are also several projects that enable this type of exchange for a specific set of assets. I, too, agree that this is a necessary development in making crypto more accessible and equipped for the future.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:48:54 PM

Life is not fair which is why I believe that the swap of altcoins will not be done in years to come
Doing that would render exchanges almost useless and without any form of gain and profit

I think the Blockchain service is normal as it is
This is the reply I've been looking for on all the post I have seen here.If this feature is already available then we would see exchangers to be complete useless or none relevant at all yet there are already services that do offer instant swaps. This is really a great feature saving up the hassle and the fees that would be consumed. Just on our traditional daily lives where a certain service will really be blocked by those business that do exist because once it would come out they will surely be mainly affected and this is similar on this case.

rufusBTC

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:53:06 PM

That will be really useful. I hope in the future blockchains will solve that problem. I think we are now seeing lots of partnerships between blockchain projects and they are also working on crosschain technologies.
So i believe we will do it definetly in neat future.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
fumblingperch

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:26:29 PM

It would be very comfortable feature, for those who have a lot of different altcoins. I wish I could swap 50 percent of my alts with just a few clicks, instead of searching for an exchange where this particular altcoin is traded on and than swap them into ETH or BTC. I would save a lot of time.
It really would be very useful and it would make life easier for thousands of people, but unfortunately it is unlikely that it will be implemented.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:13:36 PM

I have not yet seen a comprehensive swap platform that does is not limited due to volume and number of coins, we need a swap platform where we are able to swap any coin to eth or btc and also withoutany volume problem.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:48:24 PM

If that should happen, the stress of going yo exchange to swap will be reduced. Direct swap i believe will be preferable by almost everyone, but whatever has advantage, will sure have its disadvantage. Direct swap would even help to save a lot of gas fees and the stress would be minimized. This will also reduce the rate at which we get exposed to scams on some exchanges.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:55:58 PM

You got a point there bud, if indeed there would be swapping from one altcoin to another altcoin then exchange would be rendered useless and i think they would not allow that to happen as we all know that this is business and exchange would collapse. I think there might be some instances that they would allow this but rarely.
bohboh

Activity: 499
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:21:59 PM

The coin swapping would have been a good idea and this would have safe us from looking for best exchanges all the time, but thank to blockchain.info for a great work of swapping coin from top 4share
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: