Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:07:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Account got Banned ? Look first here !  (Read 12270 times)
miningtheroads

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:25:57 AM

Well, I might be one of the thousands that got banned from bitcointalk.org.

The funny thing is that most of the people I know that are involved in crypto are anarchists that are always fighting for Human Rights like freedom of speech or Julian Assange, among them.

Banning free speech is not exclusive to bitcointalk. It also happens on Facebook, although Telegram is the worst.

Why does someone get to own a free media like Facebook, to simply decide who "write this" and "who writes that" without paying a penny for hosting? Not even Facebook itself does ban as many people as the moderators of their public groups run by individuals.

As I stated before, Facebook does not behave differently than bitcointalk.org when it banned our account a couple of weeks back.

I got to figure out that our ban was due to plagiarism. Nothing farther from the truth.

I do represent a startup that I personally have bootstrapped for almost a year that promotes an endogenous coin and an innovative DLT to help reduce car crashes by car-drive mining. A DLT that may save lives. Not an ERC-20, or a Waves-based token but a real deal with proprietary code that boast 100% mineable assets without an ICO, STO or IEO to get funded.

I'm not a millionaire either.

We do our own content. So, it's impossible that there's a startup doing the same thing we do and even using the same literature and language we do for us to copy and paste "their" content in here.

I've written to one of the moderators twice with no response.

It seems unfair that a personal opinion from someone who's not familiar with what we do as co-founders will impact so severely a well-intended crypto startup by blocking an outlet like bitcointalk for them to communicate with their potential audience.

Worst is that whoever banned that account has done it with no remorse or even the courtesy to let us defend ourselves.

I might get banned again but I've expressed myself and I know one of the mods will read this long note.

Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:31:52 AM

If that's true follow the ban appeals process and create a topic in Meta about your situation, anything more than that is Ban Evasion.

Listen you disn't get a Parma ban for saying something people disagree with. You can honestly say anything you want here, and admins don't give a shit, unless you are excessively trolling and that's a high bar or you plagiarized content.

So make your thread show us who you were and people will look and respond.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
miningtheroads

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 04:49:13 PM

It was difficult enough to identify a thread where I could share my opinion regarding the ban.

I don't have access to the content I posted. I remember posting something related to the startup I'm a founder. Nothing spammy but an introduction to what we do and how we do it.

Obviously, we're innovators so we don't use words and phrases like PoW, PoS, X11, Byzantine, mining block, Lambo, to-the-moon because we're developing an alternative mining protocol that's activated by car-driving.

So, based on your experience, what's the proper procedure to appeal the ban? or who should I appeal the ban with?

I really appreciate your guidance.

Have a great day ahead, sir
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 05:06:39 AM

Just create a thread on the meta board. Label it [Ban Appeal] for <insert original account name>.

From there explain you don't know why you were banned, include a link to your username. I believe your account should have also had a message from the Forum explaining that you were banned, with an email address to appeal to.

A couple things will happen, a random forum user will find the infraction. Most bans come down to plagiarism, and you would have to prove your account is a positive to the forum as a whole.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 09:42:46 AM

Just create a thread on the meta board. Label it [Ban Appeal] for <insert original account name>.

From there explain you don't know why you were banned, include a link to your username. I believe your account should have also had a message from the Forum explaining that you were banned, with an email address to appeal to.

A couple things will happen, a random forum user will find the infraction. Most bans come down to plagiarism, and you would have to prove your account is a positive to the forum as a whole.
Usually it should not be how to do ban appeals, it should be that one should follow so that one will not get ban. As SOP for every organization/forum the respect to read the rules and regulations should always be the first thing to do as a user. This is why some don't pay attention to this and most of them committed violations and got ban reacted violently. They should be adhere their problems violently. LOL!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: