Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the three most important parameters before buying a Cryptocurrency  (Read 189 times)
Emerate (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:14:38 PM

I think when considering which cryptocurrency to purchase one has to understand how viable is the currency. ‘Viable’ here simply means what is the currency used for? What needs does the cryptocurrency meet? Another very important requirement when searching for a cryptocurrency to buy is the market size of the project by which the currency is meant for. The third consideration you have to look into is the future of the project the currency was created for. You need to ask yourself in the next two decade will the currency appreciate in value with regards to meeting the needs of customers of the future. As we all know the demand for a currency is connected to the need it meets which makes the value appreciate. Or guys what do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:27:48 PM

I think this should be in altcoin section.

‘Viable’ here simply means what is the currency used for?

Get rich quick. OK, with so many ICOs out there it's more like buying shares in some idea. Biggest problem is that the idea may be OK but it's execution is what matters the most. That's why we can see big increases in value when some already working site/ service accepts particular crypto (e.g. XMR and darknet markets).

You need to ask yourself in the next two decade will the currency appreciate in value

Wow, 20 years, that's way too far, I think first year is the most important, much altcoins will die in first year I think, so surviving first few months is very important.

proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:32:39 PM

You actually explain in details and here is the summary of it all::
The [3] three most important Factors before making any investment in cryptocurrency are as follows

[1] Market Capitalization
[2] Verification method
[3] Retailers Acceptance

Going by this factors, one cannot loose in this industry.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3650

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 01:58:46 PM

The reason why you use cryptocurrency determines the importance of that currency.
For example, when using these currencies for transfers between countries or daily use, Bitcoin is the best solution.
Daily speculation requires currencies to fluctuate significantly as happens with shitcoins.
Long-term speculation depends on the characteristics you mentioned in your article so Bitcoin and Monero.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:07:48 PM

For me I usually choose crypto to invest which has the real use case and must be really a usable platform in the future not 2-5 years but in the future like until new generations still they can use it and the importance of it and why they created.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:10:27 PM

I think when considering which cryptocurrency to purchase one has to understand how viable is the currency. ‘Viable’ here simply means what is the currency used for? What needs does the cryptocurrency meet? Another very important requirement when searching for a cryptocurrency to buy is the market size of the project by which the currency is meant for. The third consideration you have to look into is the future of the project the currency was created for. You need to ask yourself in the next two decade will the currency appreciate in value with regards to meeting the needs of customers of the future. As we all know the demand for a currency is connected to the need it meets which makes the value appreciate. Or guys what do you think?

For me, make sure there are the real "product" behind the coins we buy.
Many coins are made by just with the ICO and copycat white paper but hey don't really work hard behind it.
bitcoins94

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:42:12 PM

For me its making sure that my investment is not going to be stolen. AML BitCoin rests on a privately regulated public blockchain that facilitates AML-KYC compliance and identifies criminals associated with illicit transactions while maintaining and strengthening the privacy protections for legitimate users.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 07:06:50 PM

You have mention it all Man and if I may add to your submission above i will say all depends on what you are buying the particular coins for. And if it is for a long period time or short time investment then it will be good for you to take into consideration whether the coins in question has been already over bought/value or not.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:30:18 AM

I would also look at the existing and total coin supply.  I tend to gravitate to coins that have smaller supplies for whatever reason.  I guess when I see that a coin has like 100M coins as their market supply I get a little nervous.
Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:51:29 AM

yes, dependence in an ecosystem and making it equally beneficial.
so when a coin is said to be feasible, because the coin provides benefits to its users.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 09:16:59 PM

The three most important parameters to consider before buying any crypto currency is
1. The product; what does the project has to offer to the public in real life and it’s applic as well
2. Their project lifeline, the team as well and most importantly their roadmap
3. Their ico stages, the ico price and recent price as well
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:20:02 PM

Another important factor which OP missed to mention while investing in any cryptocurrency are team members, everyone should thoroughly research the background of the team members because the project is depending on them & they are going to work on it to make it successful. If they won't work with full determination the project will fail which results in low demand of that specific cryptocurrency and less value.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:43:32 PM

When I look for alts to invest in, the first impression of the idea must be good otherwise I skip it. If somehow it catches my interest, I'll read they whitepaper and decide if it is viable. The second parameter would have to be the team. It is important since they will be the one to facilitate the growth of the project so they need to be strong. Third would have to be the community. A strong community is a good asset for a growing product.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:58:55 PM

I hate to say it but it's become increasingly evident that two of the strongest buy indicators come from marketing and company war chest. I'd probably throw in accessibility to general population for number three. Explains why shitcoin Tron continues to perform in the face of dying markets.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 01:07:16 AM

The three most important things that I look at before investing in any project is:

1) The team behind the project - Do they have the skills to execute their plan and are they capable of adapting when they inevitably face obstacles.

2) The Blockchain use case - Is the use case realistic, is it something that screams the need for Blockchain or is it someone just looking for an easier funding route.

3) Structure of the deal - Who got coins, how much and at what price.

gopherberry

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:04:38 AM

Different people use crypto currency for different reasons. Chosing a coin really depends on what you want to use it for.  You have to choose smart.
gopherberry

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:30:44 AM

The three most important factor before buying a coins are: Firstly, One should research the market and choose a suitable coin. Secondly, He/she should verify the authenticity oif that coin. Finally, he/she should check the benifits that can be gained from that coin.
Hardiksingh

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:41:05 AM

Gaining knowledge is the key factor for buying any cryptocurrency.So research about various alt coins and try to understand what can be the future of the those coins.Wait for the right time and make good profits.
ZoranLOP

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:36:44 PM

The important parameters before buying a cryptocurrency are Market Capitalization, Verification, Retailers Acceptance.
RileyPeterson

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:47:48 PM

There are more than just 3 parameters as there is a lot to consider before making any sort of investment as the most important thing before investing into anything is research and having patience as it would be rash to jump in not knowing much about what it is you're investing into.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:18:23 PM

While what you pointed is true it is also absolutely necessary for an investor/trader to research a project well before he put any money in it.
The third point you mentioned can be achieved only when the a proper research is done. The price should also be considered before investing since market size is the one that derives the price.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
spaso_87

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:59:06 AM

I would also look at the existing and total coin supply.  I tend to gravitate to coins that have smaller supplies for whatever reason.  I guess when I see that a coin has like 100M coins as their market supply I get a little nervous.
Maybe this would make sense because with the crypto coins that have the total supply will be pretty small experiencing rising prices are quite high because the number is limited. compared with the total supply more then this will be more profitable indirectly. But if it is too few in number is also not a good option because it would be difficult to sell, too, of course.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: