Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are proofs of the real existence of the team important for an ICO?  (Read 343 times)
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:51:50 PM

The more information investors have on team members, the better they able to make logical decisions. I personally will not invest in a project where the team members are not known. Investors will be entrusting them with the hard earned money, the list the team could do us to be open for investigation and scrutiny. Yes, even lifestyle is important. I wouldn't entrust my cash to someone who is a gambler or a drug addict, even if his professional credentials are impeccable

That's right, disclosing team members is a plus factor for a certain project.
But, it doesn't mean they don't have the chance to scam people.
I've known several projects with very good team members with excellent background, yet, they managed to ran away with the money.
Maybe another thing to add is the registration documents, where it is legally based. But very few projects provide such docs, unless you ask from them.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:56:13 PM

Why pick?
Why not do both?
There is no limit into what you will posts.
Besides, it will not take that much time right? It will just be a second to take a picture (if it is real) and another second to upload it.
Does that really matter much to you?
For me, I want to see them so busy. It looks so real. Grin just my opinion.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 12:02:47 AM

I am just wondering whether posts with photos of our celebrations or morning tea drinks could bring community closer to us and be another proof that we are all real people working on a project, rather than a noname account that posts info about the project. What are your thoughts? Should posts be focused on project development or would some content about us as real people make things better?

As for me, I would like to see how the project is going and have some progress as well as knowing the people behind. Yes, there may be some cases that even if the team are known, they still scam the people but seeing their faces would somehow make them be trusted for the investors knowing that they are confident enough to show their faces to the people so it would mean that in the future, they are not planning to do something that we hideous to the investors. I like to join ICOs especially those who attend some conferences and meetings.

fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:03:44 AM

Much has already been said above by the discussion participants. I want to say that people who show themselves and their intentions attract positive emotions.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:13:01 AM

I won't invest in or recommend any ICO unless I can verify the existance of team members. It is not a bonus. It is the bare minimum. As was mentioned earlier it will not 100% prevent fraud. There will still be some willing to rip off investors without the anonymity. But it will deter most would-be scammers and also empower those investors that want to hunt down the scammers and see them prosecuted.

ND_INVEST (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

Purchase real estate and cars at discounted prices

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 12:08:40 PM

Thanks for your feedback, guys and gals! I think that most of people say that it is important for a team to get verified and show their activities, but perhaps those related more to the project rather than just drinking tea and stuff.
I don't see anything being wrong with showcasing the unity in a team. It shows that, they have unity and unity is a force to reckon with but on a tea table? Not necessary. Just pictures in seminars, parties etc.
Although, it might still turn out a scam. I just don't put my hope too much to an ico.

I think the existence of the team is important but it doesn’t actually change anything to be honestly
Hashcard has a real team amongst other things
Beautiful whitepaper, sweet project; they even delivered cards to investors
They ended up running always with over 100,000,000 dollars

They can continue doing that because there are no body regulating such activity of ico, is just unfortunate that people can destroy others like this.  Smiley Smiley

I understand. Perhaps you are right about seminars and stuff like that. As for teams simply scamming people with no further responsibility - I really didn't know it was possible! I thought that scammers are usually those who had a fake team and thus there's nobody to blame in this situation...
I am currently applying on various listing sites and can see that sometimes there's a recommendation for team members to go through KYC procedure.

KYC = Know Your Customer, this term is not applicable for dev team. What they can do is to verify their identities.

I know what KYC is and perhaps I just wrote it inaccurately in the post, but on foundico website they say the following:
Add members of team. We strongly advise you to undergo the identification procedure (KYC) for at least two members with your team. Otherwise, you will be rewarded no more than 5 out of the maximum 10 scores.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:13:18 PM

I am currently applying on various listing sites and can see that sometimes there's a recommendation for team members to go through KYC procedure. In general, I think it's true that people care about the team listed on the website and want to be sure it's not fake.
I am managing social networks of our ICO and I wanted to hear your thoughts on whether it would be a plus to tell people more about our team, make posts about their lifes, kind of. It's just that I feel it's important that our team is almost like a family, because this affects the project development. Every morning we drink tea and eat some sweets together, we often communicate and always celebrate the birthdays of our members. For example, we had a nice birthday celebration a couple of days ago, sitting at one table, eating food, making toasts as well as discussing our ICO... I am just wondering whether posts with photos of our celebrations or morning tea drinks could bring community closer to us and be another proof that we are all real people working on a project, rather than a noname account that posts info about the project. What are your thoughts? Should posts be focused on project development or would some content about us as real people make things better?
Of course, this is a positive thing, that you can provide information that your team is real people and that you have cohesion, but fraudsters are so imaginative now that they can create such photos, hire people for this, shoot offices, etc. . therefore it is only one of many factors that can attract investors to your project.

conanmori

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:43:19 PM

A real team existence is one of the factor to gain trust and investor. But the fact that in can't effect the project growth as investor we need too see a real project development rather than team profile.

The reason why we need a real team is too gain trust specially right now that most ICO are scam.

micknessjocular

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:44:31 PM

yes, i think it's a crucial point when it comes to investing in ico-s.
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 12:59:44 PM

Much has already been said above by the discussion participants. I want to say that people who show themselves and their intentions attract positive emotions.
Usually, a team that is trying to remain anonymous, must either have a very convincing story to tell to even be able to attract any investor. Come on! Why on earth will I want to invest in a project where the team is nowhere to be found, and how am I so sure that the anonymous team will not disappear after getting investor's confidence. The thing with ICO today is that if you do not have a product and a solid team that can be verified, you are strictly on your own.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:41:19 PM

An open team is a huge plus for the ICO, now there are a lot of scams and you need to be careful
It is not just a plus for the project or the coin; it is a necessity judging from how things have been with ICOs lately.
Ask any sane and smart investor today what they look at before investing in an ICO and the two things that comes out first would be a good team and a minimum viable product.

If you are investing your funds, you really want to know if this is a something that would be worth it in the long run and you want to know you are in good hands with the team. Just like you said, the scams are enormous and trying to play the anonymous game with the team will only affect the ICO negatively.
Psec
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:52:49 PM

I think the proof of team real existence goes a long way in building credibility for a project, investors will have more sense of assurance that  they are not really dealing with virtual human beings .
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:37:57 AM

There is no yes or no answer to the question raised on this thread. The presence of real team may be important if the success of an ICO project is gear toward team support before it could realise it's objectives and release agood product!
At this day and age, with all the scams going on, unless you have a good product on ground and a visible as well as a feasible one on ground already, you will be deceiving yourself to think the absence of a team does not matter.

Even if you have a product on ground and peradventure, you are trying to stay off the light, it would be a product that is extremely unique and off the hook to even make the investors want to take any chance or risk on you and by that you will really have to be convincing. Proof of real existence matters unless you are not looking forward to a successful ICO these days.
waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 07:53:49 AM

Existence of the team doesn't say anything about project success. The team can easily scam if they have such an aim.

sky9314

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:13:02 AM

Yes, of course this is very important, which means that this ICO is reliable. If a team is a fake team ico, why do you want to invest in it? 99% of these may be scmas.
All the fake teams I have seen, I have not heard of who invested in them to make a profit.
zikzag

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Minter

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:14:08 AM

I think it's good when the buyer can learn more about the team. In any case, this is better than when for all the ICO time in social networks there was not one team photo. You start to suspect something is wrong.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
citydragoon

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:21:51 AM

ICOs have so many sphere of doing that I think that even they have here less, they have something bigger in the another case. Anyway they are in plus.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: