Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:02:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto After Death?  (Read 20776 times)
Artem57

Activity: 232
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:59:24 PM

My son knows my private keys and hardware wallet password so all my cryptos will be taken care by him and ultimately all the earnings/profits will be distributed equally to my 3 siblings.
And my son is only 5 years old, and I think he will not have to use my private keys. I have by the time he grows up will spend all their assets in crypto-currencies. But my children will live in prosperity. But this is only on the condition that the bitcoin will rise.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
sherwinsamsung

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/cujJP4k

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:59:39 PM

when a person dies and his private keys are not given to his descendants or partners, then the coins/tokens will be lost forever.  however, having less coins/tokens in circulation helps the coin/token to be more valuable.  imaging bitcoin circulation from 10 million to 1 million, that 1 million left will be a lot more valuable than when 10 million coins is available.

to protect your crypto funds, I suggest you can schedule email your private keys to your loved ones.  there are some internet email service that gives users options to email on certain date.  that means you can email your loved ones and set email to be sent after 3 months.  if you're still alive by 3 months, then cancel the previous email and create a new schedule.  this way you can be assured that your benefactors will receive your private keys 3 months after you pass away.  of course, to be safe, all email attachments/content should be encrypted.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:29:07 AM

Crypto will remain inside the wallet no greetings that can be opened with a private key. Perhaps it would be better if at least told one of the men in the family is deemed unable to inherit the crypto. It would be better than silence only assets in the wallet.
Cedrick

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:30:20 AM

Crypto is the same as money, we can't bring it when we left this world. We ahould let pur families know when thwy can find the private keys so when something happen to us, they can retrieve it and use our asset to take care of themselves. If the private keys are not given, our coin will just stay there and will not be part of the circulation  It's that simple.

cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 05:35:57 AM

Have you ever wondered what will happen to your cryptocurrency when you die, for those holding huge funds, what have you put in place to make sure your kids or family benefit from your crypto savings.
This is quite fascinating because if you know someone with huge crypto savings and he gave up the ghost, I wonder how such families would benefit from his savings since he alone has the private key to his/her wallet.
I guess this is one reason some user still prefer banking Institutions, because they made provision for next of kin unlike crypto.
So my question is what happen to those crypto when the owner of such wallet is no more and no one has access to such wallet?

This is a very wonderful advice you are giving us, it's quite important we make provision for the safety of our crypto savings and funds after our death by telling our beloved ones some of our accounts secret information. Thanks

HOMT

Powered by,
Kelvinovie2 (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:48:05 AM

Have you ever wondered what will happen to your cryptocurrency when you die, for those holding huge funds, what have you put in place to make sure your kids or family benefit from your crypto savings.
This is quite fascinating because if you know someone with huge crypto savings and he gave up the ghost, I wonder how such families would benefit from his savings since he alone has the private key to his/her wallet.
I guess this is one reason some user still prefer banking Institutions, because they made provision for next of kin unlike crypto.
So my question is what happen to those crypto when the owner of such wallet is no more and no one has access to such wallet?

This is a very wonderful advice you are giving us, it's quite important we make provision for the safety of our crypto savings and funds after our death by telling our beloved ones some of our accounts secret information. Thanks
I just wanted to create awareness about the danger of being greedy with information, I think it's best if we learn to share some vital information to some of our trusted parties, because once we die those information we have acquired and didn't share becomes useless and worthless.
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:58:08 AM

Well IO hope that tokens are decentralised to heaven and hell - this would be decentralisation in it's essence!
LOL.

That is why now the Exchange must use KYC because we can (Exchange) know who owns the account.
I also have a brother who I entrusted when I died, there is also a Google Authy to enter the Exchange and identify all the codes in my notebook.
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:01:41 AM

It is a fair point. Not many people do even know, what a nanoledger is. I could clearly imagine a lot of crypto getting lost in that scenario. The same happens with fiat money too. For example, money that was moved to Switzerland for whatever reason. Many times the family does not know where the money is. The Swiss banks just keep it, if it is not claimed for a couple of years.  Grin The bank always wins.
Minusha

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:07:31 AM

I keep my portfolio in my book. Every private key i write in the book so if anything happen to me i told my wife to look at the book.

It's a very good idea I think! Do you mean a real book from paper or a kind of digital book? I wrote something like a letter for my man if something happend to me, but without keys, just with information where he can find keys.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
jackylion

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:08:06 AM

I think we should not hold it so long, or you should leave the will to anyone in the house, so after death you are assured that someone will inherit your property. But sell them when you can.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
yapa ve yalniz

Activity: 463
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:11:40 AM

also i made investments for the future of my family. I put my binance account password in my cash register. I'm sure they'il find the paper if I die. of course, then the binance still continues  Wink

indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:25:09 AM

Well its true but i believe there is should be a way and an education about to share the password into someone that related close to your family or maybe there will be a way for the coins issuer to move the money by using smart contract and the only to redeem the money is by using death certificate and i do think its possible to do.

topkhai

Activity: 351

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:06:19 AM

Your crypto assets will be buried with you because there are no rules governing asset ownership. The best solution now is that we can share account access to the closest person or who can be trusted. Maybe that's what we can do
Cryptuenza

Activity: 71
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:14:19 AM

The best solution now is that we can share account access to the closest person or who can be trusted. Maybe that's what we can do

Yes sure we have to do that, we could have an accident or just die by heart attack or something else and all our crypto assets would be lost! I personally wrote some sheets of paper full of information about my assets, my parents will sure find it if I will die.
maaydin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:17:23 AM

i  think  there  will   be  a  huge  disappointment  for  all  and especially  for those  who  are holding big  moneys  but  i  think  the only solution  is by  storing  passwords  and  to  trust someone ,.
Qiuyue201_real

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:23:24 AM

Warning! User Qiuyue201 is using stolen account!

Cancel all his bounties etc.!

Hello, scammer.

You stole my account. I am reporting this form now on to all the bounties you are attemptimg to participate in (but I am doing it at the last of the bounty so you have to work for nothing). Also reporting to all the prevoiuos bounties that ended and you were not paid for them yet. Also reporting to Bitcointalk administration that you are using my stolen account. This is second time it happened to me. Not sure if you were last time or someone else, but this time I am asking them to ban all your accouints if you have any multi accounts.

And then it can be considered as a lost coin. remember no one can access it and that means the amounts of token will always in that wallet. this case has already happened with bitcoin. It will decrease the total supply of bitcoin because any lost coin with various reasons can't be opened again.
Kelvinovie2 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:38:06 PM

i  think  there  will   be  a  huge  disappointment  for  all  and especially  for those  who  are holding big  moneys  but  i  think  the only solution  is by  storing  passwords  and  to  trust someone ,.

Your idea is still ok, keeping password and also a clue to your relatives or families, and also there is good needs to give your relatives orientation about what crypto is all about in general cus that part is very vital.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:59:04 PM

Why even in Crypto if you have stored all your information in pendrive or any other sources, whose details you should given to your nearones or your family, so that if you die they can access your cryptocoins and get benefited. That is why it is clearly given information that you should tell your family and friends about cryptocurrency and should guide them how it works and when you are not their they can get access to your coins and get benefited.

If no one gets access to your wallets then the coins will be dead for ever until anyone have got any way of cracking this dead wallet then only it can get access until then they are dead wallets with coins loaded.

Bile123

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:43:30 PM

I do not think that death will come to cryptocurrency. It actually carries much more potential. What it seems at first glance. So that it is necessary to take into account all the subtleties but not to go too far. In such thoughts.
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 02:01:38 AM

That was an awkward topic yet true. For me, I would certainly teach my child on to get along in crypto while I am still alive and hopefully when he/she's ready, I can give him/her my credentials.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: