Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:57:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC to Begin Reviewing 9 Rejected Bitcoin ETFs  (Read 312 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:26:10 PM

I don't really see an ETF being officially approved before 2019, perhaps even 2020 or even 2021. These bureaucratic things take ages, which is why I don't really care about the ETF, I can't really take this seriously, I mean, if it's not actual bitcoins traded it's a bit of a joke to me but whatever. I cannot negate that it will have an impact on the price (a positive one).

other ETFs have taken multiple years to attain SEC approval, and that's for everyday commodities like copper. it's funny to me that so many bitcoiners thought immediate approval was ever on the table.

it's likely an ETF would impact the price positively. but there's also a remote chance that demand for ETF shares is quite low, in which case baskets of shares might be redeemed for coins which end up being dumped on the spot market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:27:13 AM

Hope this good news will add positive trading volume to all cryptocurrency, The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has set a late October deadline to begin reviewing proposed rule changes that would allow several regulated exchange operators to list bitcoin ETF products on their trading platforms.
source of this news  https://www.ccn.com/resurrection-sec-to-begin-reviewing-9-rejected-bitcoin-etfs/

The crypto users are long waiting for the bullish market to start then maybe if the SEC will approved the rejected ETFs will triggered the bullish run therefore hopefully that SEC will favor Bitcoin ETFs products so that we could finally determine if ETF is really good for the crypto currency market. Lets wait and see then.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:20:31 PM

Hope this good news will add positive trading volume to all cryptocurrency, The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has set a late October deadline to begin reviewing proposed rule changes that would allow several regulated exchange operators to list bitcoin ETF products on their trading platforms.
source of this news  https://www.ccn.com/resurrection-sec-to-begin-reviewing-9-rejected-bitcoin-etfs/

The crypto users are long waiting for the bullish market to start then maybe if the SEC will approved the rejected ETFs will triggered the bullish run therefore hopefully that SEC will favor Bitcoin ETFs products so that we could finally determine if ETF is really good for the crypto currency market. Lets wait and see then.
SEC decision would probably one of hay maker  for a bullish market, but even with out their approval bullish market will remain possible, because SEC has no bearing in terms of price bullish but  the peoples trust.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: