Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble getting coins into Armory  (Read 158 times)
pcnutt (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:45:53 PM

I am new to bitcoin and here is my problem:

I have both Armory and Bitcoin Core installed and talking to each other.

Before I had Core installed I attempted to move some coins from Antpool to Armory (told you I am a newbie)

I eventually realized I needed Core and to let it download and point the DB location within Armory, which I did.

I have the address and I have verified the coins are out there somewhere using a block utility.

For some reason Armory does not show those coins, in fact it shows no transactions at all.

Any suggestions?  I considered having Armory "sweep" those coins into my wallet but I am unsure if I should sweep them or import them.

Thanks
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:09:28 PM

I am new to bitcoin and here is my problem:

I have both Armory and Bitcoin Core installed and talking to each other.

Before I had Core installed I attempted to move some coins from Antpool to Armory (told you I am a newbie)

I eventually realized I needed Core and to let it download and point the DB location within Armory, which I did.

I have the address and I have verified the coins are out there somewhere using a block utility.

For some reason Armory does not show those coins, in fact it shows no transactions at all.

Any suggestions?  I considered having Armory "sweep" those coins into my wallet but I am unsure if I should sweep them or import them.

Thanks

Can you actually verify that Armory is online "Connected"? This indeed sounds pretty strange if that were to be the case.

Does armory show that you generated said adress that is holding your coins? Can you find it in your wallet?

Sounds to me like you're not able to connect properly, which could be caused by a number of reasons. It might be useful to post your logs.

pcnutt (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:35:54 PM

I believe I am connected, in the lower right corner it says "Connected (217336  blocks) and it says Armory is online.

The address is listed in my wallet.

How much of my log file should I post?  The entire thing?

Thanks!
pcnutt (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:17:42 PM

here is my log file.

https://pastebin.com/gwdAZRBi

Thanks again!
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 06:25:50 AM

One line can be found quite often:

Code:
setSatoshiDir: directory does not exist: C:\Users\Ruprecht\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\

Can you verify that C:\Users\Ruprecht\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\ is the correct core data directory ?

It seems like it doesn't exist. I guess you set a specific data directory when installing core ? You'll have to point armory towards this directory.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: