Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:32:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The things we need to put in considerations  (Read 263 times)
osuala (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:35:41 AM

70% of the total number of bitcointalk users, I'm not talking about the newbies, are all in this forum for one goal, to make money, yes I love arguments you can bring it on, in as mush as it will yield good results at the end.

Must persons are operating in this forum based on the orientation they had while the where introduced to the forum, but I don't blame them. I blame the high rank members!

One thing I've noticed among the high ranked members is, Each time a newbie (not referring to those only that has newbie tag to their profile)  creates a post that is contradicting to the beliefs, most high ranked members always critise instead correcting or teaching.

What do we I'm actually want in this forum, is it objections, suggestions or opinion? Not undermining that both terms has their factors.

A brief summary of what these terms stands for.

Opinion

Opinions are subjective beliefs of either one person or a group of people and these need not be true.
Opinions are the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion can be supported by an argument, which can create two opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions can be a result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires.

Suggestion

Suggestion is considered as the act of influencing another person. In psychology, suggestion is the process by which one person guides the thoughts, feelings and behavior of another person.

The terms opinion and suggestion are confusing for many people, but the fact is that we really need to know what we need in this forum. These two terms refer to two different things, although it sounds like they are similar to each other. Opinion is a belief of a person, while suggesting is the process of implying something you want a person to do or believe.

Objections

Online dictionary definition:
Objection is a reason or argument offered in disagreement, opposition, refusal, or disapproval. the act of objecting, opposing, or disputing

I await for inputs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

One thing I've noticed among the high ranked members is, Each time a newbie (not referring to those only that has newbie tag to their profile)  creates a post that is contradicting to the beliefs, most high ranked members always critise instead correcting or teaching.

maybe you should have included a topic you had in mind although that might change the discussion altogether.
I agree with what you said here but also let's not ignore the fact that there are a lot of topics by the newbies that do deserve the harsh criticism by other members. for example those who are too lazy to do a search before posting about something that was discussed to death here a million times. or the topics that the newbie reads some FUD and then starts something here spreading the same thing. for example I personally hate those topics that start with "we all know that [blank]...." and [blank] is usually a false statement or an FUD they are trying to say is valid before they continue with making a conclusion based on that.
not to mention that most of these topics by newbies are obvious shitposts. most of them don't even come back to their own topics to read a single one of the replies! they just post something and run away, possible only to increase their post count or have their topic stay on top (while advertising their own signature like ref links) by creating something controversial.

Only Bitcoin
osuala (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:03:52 AM

One thing I've noticed among the high ranked members is, Each time a newbie (not referring to those only that has newbie tag to their profile)  creates a post that is contradicting to the beliefs, most high ranked members always critise instead correcting or teaching.

I personally hate those topics that start with "we all know that [blank]...." and [blank] is usually a false statement or an FUD they are trying to say is valid before they continue with making a conclusion based on that.
not to mention that most of these topics by newbies are obvious shitposts.
I understand this fact more!
I can clearly remember way back when I joined the forum, MOD always send pm when I shitpost is made, and know it's possible continue with that because the forum has been over populated.

My question is, what are the duty of high ranked members?
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:17:54 AM

there is no "duty" here for anyone. people can choose to be kind enough to others to spread the knowledge they have the best way they can. that is all. there is no obligations in my opinion. people are here to discuss, learn, earn, and increase their overall understanding of bitcoin and sometimes cryptocurrencies in general. they can help keep the forum clean by reporting shitposts, reporting account farmers,... as they are already doing in meta board. but there still isn't any obligations, they are doing it because they want a better forum they enjoy participating in.

Only Bitcoin
maemunah

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:22:32 AM

there is no "duty" here for anyone. people can choose to be kind enough to others to spread the knowledge they have the best way they can. that is all. there is no obligations in my opinion. people are here to discuss, learn, earn, and increase their overall understanding of bitcoin and sometimes cryptocurrencies in general. they can help keep the forum clean by reporting shitposts, reporting account farmers,... as they are already doing in meta board. but there still isn't any obligations, they are doing it because they want a better forum they enjoy participating in.
really true with the farmer account that has a lot of it can make discomfort because he is not working well. So with the moderator of this forum, we can all get more involved in working
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:30:46 AM

70% of the total number of bitcointalk users, I'm not talking about the newbies, are all in this forum for one goal, to make money, yes I love arguments you can bring it on, in as mush as it will yield good results at the end.

Must persons are operating in this forum based on the orientation they had while the where introduced to the forum, but I don't blame them. I blame the high rank members!

One thing I've noticed among the high ranked members is, Each time a newbie (not referring to those only that has newbie tag to their profile)  creates a post that is contradicting to the beliefs, most high ranked members always critise instead correcting or teaching.

What do we I'm actually want in this forum, is it objections, suggestions or opinion? Not undermining that both terms has their factors.

Opinion

Opinions are subjective beliefs of either one person or a group of people and these need not be true.
Opinions are the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion can be supported by an argument, which can create two opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions can be a result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires.

Suggestion

Suggestion is considered as the act of influencing another person. In psychology, suggestion is the process by which one person guides the thoughts, feelings and behavior of another person.

The terms opinion and suggestion are confusing for many people, but the fact is that we really need to know what we need in this forum. These two terms refer to two different things, although it sounds like they are similar to each other. Opinion is a belief of a person, while suggesting is the process of implying something you want a person to do or believe.

Objections

Objection is a reason or argument offered in disagreement, opposition, refusal, or disapproval. the act of objecting, opposing, or disputing

I await for inputs

I agree! Most of the people here in the community just got in just because of the money they could get and also some of them don't care about the technology or anything besides the money they could get from it.
osuala (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:59:00 AM

Should I agree with this fact of yours or not?  No I don't agree with you! Reason being that

1) Anybody can report a shitposts to mod, you don't have to be a high ranked member to this.

quote author=Pursuer link=topic=5045376.msg46602195#msg46602195 date=1538903874]
there is no obligations in my opinion. people are here to discuss, learn, earn, and increase their overall understanding of bitcoin and sometimes cryptocurrencies in general.
[/quote]

2) if this been the case, why don't we just embrace this fact, and forget about the ranking system! Which I know you will never key into.

quote author=Pursuer link=topic=5045376.msg46602195#msg46602195 date=1538903874]
but there still isn't any obligations, they are doing it because they want a better forum they enjoy participating in.
[/quote]

3) I think we need to face the fact! If there's no obligations in ranking members higher above others, then I see no need for it!
If you as a high rank member can't help me out when I need a help then your rank is useless to me, please don't get me wrong, I'm not referring to you #Pursuer.

These are just general overview
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3081

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:25:58 AM

Should I agree with this fact of yours or not?  No I don't agree with you! Reason being that

1) Anybody can report a shitposts to mod, you don't have to be a high ranked member to this.

there is no obligations in my opinion. people are here to discuss, learn, earn, and increase their overall understanding of bitcoin and sometimes cryptocurrencies in general.

2) if this been the case, why don't we just embrace this fact, and forget about the ranking system! Which I know you will never key into.

but there still isn't any obligations, they are doing it because they want a better forum they enjoy participating in.

3) I think we need to face the fact! If there's no obligations in ranking members higher above others, then I see no need for it!
If you as a high rank member can't help me out when I need a help then your rank is useless to me

I don't think I've ever been on a forum that doesn't have some kind of ranking system.  You're free to disregard the ranks and weigh the validity of each post based solely on their content, but it seems unlikely that ranks are going away.  One thing that's definitely worth considering is that those have have been around for longer will, generally, have more experience.  There's a greater likelihood they might be in a better position to make an informed judgment on what constitutes a good or bad post.  An experienced member, for example, might point out that this thread doesn't really belong in 'Bitcoin Discussion' because it has nothing to do with Bitcoin and would have been more appropriate to post it in 'Meta' instead.  

That's what rank should hopefully reflect, but understandably there are exceptions and it's not a perfect system.  

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
peter0425

Activity: 2604
Merit: 439

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:28:33 AM

I personally hate those topics that start with "we all know that [blank]...." and [blank] is usually a false statement or an FUD they are trying to say is valid before they continue with making a conclusion based on that.
I can clearly remember way back when I joined the forum, MOD always send pm when I shitpost is made, and know it's possible continue with that because the forum has been over populated.

This is a community and everyone is free to speak out their minds. However, it is my belief that we don't have a duty per se, but if you are going to look around there's a lot of seniors and up who are trying to help out newbies as well. Go to the Beginners & Help and you will see that everyone is trying to help someone. The problem is that majority of newbies doesn't used the Search Function of this forum, or even used Google to get their answers. If ever a high rank criticise a newbie perhaps its constructive criticism. And remember you don't need to be spoon feed, one time or another everyone was a newbie and we grow by learning through the journey in this forum.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:44:10 AM

Opinion
Suggestion
Objections
I await for inputs
i understand the point you're making,but TBH with you it's believed that before one starts posting on this forum one ought to be on read mode for a few weeks,go through already existing threads,make researches,view other people's inputs,use the search button to research on topics that you feel are relevant,doing that for a few weeks wouldn't hurt and definitely would make your first post in here somewhat readable

Going through important threads you also get acquainted with all the abbs you should get to know,such as FUD,FOMO,HODL and the rest, C'mon we don't wanna see threads such as "what's the meaning of FUD,FOMO etc",one ought to learn that when on read mode.

You do not always expect someone who owes you nothing to be nice always and give favorable replies to shit questions you ought to know to be on the forum in the first place
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:55:04 AM

Thinking about making money is not wrong in any case, I mean minting money is the basic requirement for everyone. Just look at Maslow's need hierarchy theory, in order to satisfy your basic pyschological needs also, you need to have money. So, what's wrong! But the beauty of this forum lies in the fact how the community members deliberate, debate and discuss various progressive topics, and not just linger on same old threads. And as far as criticism by the hero members is concerned I don't think it is wrong, because in a way criticism also teaches you a lot. And it is not only for the ranked members, everybody on the forum has got the right to share their vies, criticize the others, feel free to say anything. Ranking and merit is obviously for the sake of geeting signature campaigns.
Marcel555

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:04:45 PM

We all have out personal motives for joining the forum, and I can say 100% want to make money from the forum, directly (through bounties) or indirectly (learning and acquiring knowledge and them applying it into some other venture)

And trying to make money is not and should not be frowned upon, but abusing the forum in your quest is where the problem lies.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:13:24 PM

This is a community and everyone is free to speak out their minds. However, it is my belief that we don't have a duty per se, but if you are going to look around there's a lot of seniors and up who are trying to help out newbies as well. Go to the Beginners & Help and you will see that everyone is trying to help someone. The problem is that majority of newbies doesn't used the Search Function of this forum, or even used Google to get their answers. If ever a high rank criticise a newbie perhaps its constructive criticism. And remember you don't need to be spoon feed, one time or another everyone was a newbie and we grow by learning through the journey in this forum.

I couldn't agree more. There are always two sides of every story. A forum like bitcointalk is a great place to learn since there are loads of experienced people here. The problem is that most of the newbies here are only becoming concerned with learning enough to get merits and get a bump for the next sig campaign. They actually put more effort into ways to "game" the merit system than they do learning about the crypto.
I believe it is up to the newbie members who want to learn to research, and then ask questions either to clarify for themselves, or ask if they don't understand.
Mr.Boring007

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:19:57 PM

Everyone has their own motive in this regard. If someone wants to make money through this forum he certainly can do so. Also you can't always expect to get answers of the shit questions from the people who owe you nothing.
Gressa

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:00:27 PM

What do we I'm actually want in this forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: