Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:45:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin really worth it?  (Read 4386 times)
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:16:07 PM

I was looking at this Beecoin and thinking about investing in it. It is dirt cheap.

However as I was looking at the price and stuff, I saw someone had bought like 650million beecoins. I'm thinking, "If that coin rises to the value of one cent, he/she is millionaire!"

What am I missing here because I've been trying to ride the Bitcoin/Litecoin waves here recently and I've made a little, but I'm no millionaire. What say you?

Bro think about it. Lets say you buy 1 btc, it goes up 10% or 50% you have just a bit more btc

But let's say you buy 1 btc worth of alt coins. Lets say your alt coin goes from 500 satoshi to 1000 satoshi. You've just doubled ur alt coin value and if you sell you got 2btc. On top of that, btc value is also going up, so your value of btc in fiat is even higher.

This is a no brained for me. And if you research the right coin, and get like 5x return ur fiat value is insane

What do you think?

I think you forgot to mention that there is no warranty that the coin will gain value, or gain value in the time frame you predict.

You may lose money too, even if you know what you are doing.

I myself lost in almost all forays I made into altlands

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:40:02 PM

Bro think about it. Lets say you buy 1 btc, it goes up 10% or 50% you have just a bit more btc

But let's say you buy 1 btc worth of alt coins. Lets say your alt coin goes from 500 satoshi to 1000 satoshi. You've just doubled ur alt coin value and if you sell you got 2btc. On top of that, btc value is also going up, so your value of btc in fiat is even higher.

This is a no brained for me. And if you research the right coin, and get like 5x return ur fiat value is insane

What do you think?

I think you forgot to mention that there is no warranty that the coin will gain value, or gain value in the time frame you predict.
You may lose money too, even if you know what you are doing.
I myself lost in almost all forays I made into altlands

If we check the statiscif of the forum then we can see that the activity of most users is focused in altcoin board and based on this we can see that altcoin is a new generation of cryptocurrencies.

And there have been many improvements comparing with few years ago where there were really fewer altcoins but also bitcoin was not as popular as it is now, nor the price was so high as it is now.

My opinion is that altcoins are really worth and in a few years I believe that at least one coin will cost near to one bitcoin.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:39:20 AM

If we check the statiscif of the forum then we can see that the activity of most users is focused in altcoin board and based on this we can see that altcoin is a new generation of cryptocurrencies.

And there have been many improvements comparing with few years ago where there were really fewer altcoins but also bitcoin was not as popular as it is now, nor the price was so high as it is now.

My opinion is that altcoins are really worth and in a few years I believe that at least one coin will cost near to one bitcoin.
Yes, alt coin is reall worth it to buy. Alternative coin is more bit cheaper than bitcoin when we buy it. If i have a lot of money i would invest it in alt coin because I believe that we can earn more when we invest to alt coins. Nowadays alt coin has a good price in the market too. I conclude that this one will be good.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:21:27 AM

For the altcoins that worth it are ethereum, torcoin, litecoin and bitcoin. This is the coin that continues increasing the value. I never doubted when I invest in these coin hoping that their value was continues increased.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:31:11 AM

Every altcoins are pumping and dumping in value. So no need of making any complications. To make profit from altcoins one need to be having good capital and a strong determination to observe the price variation and make the right trading move to profit high.
jono_t2000

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:32:34 AM

For the altcoins that worth it are ethereum, torcoin, litecoin and bitcoin. This is the coin that continues increasing the value. I never doubted when I invest in these coin hoping that their value was continues increased.

Is Torcoin still even alive?? It looks like it has died a slow and painful death lol

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Tolrem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:03:44 AM

Depends. Top 50 coins have a chance if you know what they're about, maybe. The rest are just pump and dumps. I'd stick to top 20 unless you're interested in trying your hand a short term trading.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Donaldturp

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:06:30 AM

Every altcoins are pumping and dumping in value. So no need of making any complications. To make profit from altcoins one need to be having good capital and a strong determination to observe the price variation and make the right trading move to profit high.

Profit is high but the loss caused by them may be high too. Risk is the risk and without doing risky trade, there is no free food out there. Anyways, I think some promising altcoins worth investment.
Nicol3

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:46:16 AM

Choose coins that are worth investing, do a research if the projects are good and have great potential in the future. If it's progressing or not and if it is stable or not. Basically you have to learn also about the coins you are investing because we will never know it might pull out anytime and you've invested too much you can't take the capital back.

jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:11:18 PM

Yes, alt coin is reall worth it to buy. Alternative coin is more bit cheaper than bitcoin when we buy it. If i have a lot of money i would invest it in alt coin because I believe that we can earn more when we invest to alt coins. Nowadays alt coin has a good price in the market too. I conclude that this one will be good.

They are cheaper but they have a higher potential to be doubled than bitcoin, especially those that cost some pennies.

Bitcoin has the potential too, but will become harder and much harder for bitcoin to double its price because it is going to have a higher value.

The next one after bitcoin is ByteBall which costs $788, all others cost much less and are not near to bitcoin.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 08:03:12 AM

Yeah of course alt-coin really is worth it there are tons of possibilities that it could rise up,
Just look at the Etheruem and some other coin that made some price increase since it's first appearance.
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:20:10 AM

Choose coins that are worth investing, do a research if the projects are good and have great potential in the future. If it's progressing or not and if it is stable or not. Basically you have to learn also about the coins you are investing because we will never know it might pull out anytime and you've invested too much you can't take the capital back.

Absolutely since there are so many shitcoins around and surely all of us will cry if we fall to invest on them since most provably there intention is to scam and no longterm goal will beneath or backed up with them. And the coinmarketcap site will be the best indicator to us if we want to seek those potential coin to invest with since they give the actual stats on the best coin around.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

cybernetik7

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:54:36 PM

Many altcoins have survived and thrived over the years. Ethereum is an altcoin. Nem is an altcoin. SNT is an altcoin. All interesting coins with potential. It is too early to tell who the long term winners will be. Until then do your research, and trade smart.  Grin

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:02:59 PM

Lose out on dips, buy on highs, get scammed about twice or thrice, then you will learn and become at beast at discovering the shitcoins and the real deal...
Calangaman

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:02:18 AM

Good updates on MonaCoin (MONA)

https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/07/23/japan-exchange-bitbank-goes-live-monacoin-trading/

https://news.bitcoin.com/japanese-stores-suspend-bitcoin-payments-august-1/
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:05:41 AM

Omisego [OMG]

Will be running their on blockchain payment processor , their project is like a BANK in ethereum blockchain, this is gonna be big !

Blah blah
kelceyott

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:11:48 AM

I was looking at this Beecoin and thinking about investing in it. It is dirt cheap.

However as I was looking at the price and stuff, I saw someone had bought like 650million beecoins. I'm thinking, "If that coin rises to the value of one cent, he/she is millionaire!"

What am I missing here because I've been trying to ride the Bitcoin/Litecoin waves here recently and I've made a little, but I'm no millionaire. What say you?

The value of a currency does not speak to its potential, it depends on the amount of money being marketed. Everyone's preference for a currency speaks to its power. Potential is the most important factor that we need to consider for investment.

ChronoLite

Activity: 840

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:39:35 AM

Depends. Top 50 coins have a chance if you know what they're about, maybe. The rest are just pump and dumps. I'd stick to top 20 unless you're interested in trying your hand a short term trading.
Altcoin just pump and dumps and the profit comes from these 2 factor (while the factors are active team, development, community and daily trading volume from certain coins. You can do some experiment to find best coins other than the top 50 on coinmarketcap, who knows you get something.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:55:04 PM

Altcoin just pump and dumps and the profit comes from these 2 factor (while the factors are active team, development, community and daily trading volume from certain coins. You can do some experiment to find best coins other than the top 50 on coinmarketcap, who knows you get something.
I agree with you about the unsteady nature of altcoins. What really annoys me is that they don’t even produce a sufficient profit after pumping. But I would like to oppose your suggestion of investing into different coins just to check their potential or your luck in crypto world. To make a good profit, best option is always bitcoins. They never disappoint the users.
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:17:26 PM

I agree with you about the unsteady nature of altcoins. What really annoys me is that they don’t even produce a sufficient profit after pumping. But I would like to oppose your suggestion of investing into different coins just to check their potential or your luck in crypto world. To make a good profit, best option is always bitcoins. They never disappoint the users.

There are two kinds of altcoin that we must understand, the first is altcoin which does have a business value, and the second is altcoin that deliberately propagated for temporary gain and very short. If we buy coins that have a fixed business then whatever their initial rankings will continue to increase according to the movement of the year. But also we buy altcoins that have no real evidence, we can benefit only in the first period alone, so it will not be effective to hold in long term.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: