Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Satoshi can do to Protect Dorian without Doxxing himself  (Read 2584 times)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:19:58 AM

He should send a small amount of BTC to somebody with a message attached from his bitcoin address. The message should be some what taunting of the news media and make them feel like asses. This would be the only 100% way to verify its him

How does this prove whether it's the real Satoshi or not? Either Dorian would send it from his basement, or the real satoshi would send it from somewhere else. All it proves is that the real satoshi hasn't lost his private keys, it doesn't tell you which is which, amirite??

(for the record I'm pretty sure it's not the real guy, and there's not enough evidence to prove anything, that story should never have been published and it's fucking disgraceful how that journalist put all his pictures and details together in a high profile story, fucking sucker of satan's cock so she is... (bless you Bill Hicks Grin)

The msg can be a link to a pic with computer screen as part of the background (just take a pic of say..... Disney Orlando) Unless Dorian can teleport to Orlando, that would prove enough.

Better yet Satoshi doesnt even need to broadcast the txt, he can created a raw transaction thats signed with his private key and send that raw txt to every media companies. (in the future you can even use radio freq to broadcast txt)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:24:26 AM

The best way to stay hidden is for people to believe that you are no longer hidden at all... by using a fall guy. I hate to say it, but if I were Satoshi, I would be just fine with everyone else assuming that I was someone else. It's easy to stay hidden if nobody is looking.

well said

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:30:44 AM

He should send a small amount of BTC to somebody with a message attached from his bitcoin address. The message should be some what taunting of the news media and make them feel like asses. This would be the only 100% way to verify its him

How does this prove whether it's the real Satoshi or not? Either Dorian would send it from his basement, or the real satoshi would send it from somewhere else. All it proves is that the real satoshi hasn't lost his private keys, it doesn't tell you which is which, amirite??

(for the record I'm pretty sure it's not the real guy, and there's not enough evidence to prove anything, that story should never have been published and it's fucking disgraceful how that journalist put all his pictures and details together in a high profile story, fucking sucker of satan's cock so she is... (bless you Bill Hicks Grin)

The msg can be a link to a pic with computer screen as part of the background (just take a pic of say..... Disney Orlando) Unless Dorian can teleport to Orlando, that would prove enough.

Better yet Satoshi doesnt even need to broadcast the txt, he can created a raw transaction thats signed with his private key and send that raw txt to every media companies. (in the future you can even use radio freq to broadcast txt)

Yeah that's similar the the OP strategy which is plausible. All I meant was, simply sending a message in a transaction from a wallet known to be Satoshi's doesn't prove who the real Satoshi is.

You're correct in saying that some sort of geographical proof is needed (but maybe the real Satosh lives in California too...  Shocked)
seriouscoin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:32:11 AM

Yeah that's similar the the OP strategy which is plausible. All I meant was, simply sending a message in a transaction from a wallet known to be Satoshi's doesn't prove who the real Satoshi is.

You're correct in saying that some sort of geographical proof is needed (but maybe the real Satosh lives in California too...  Shocked)

You missed the point. Its not about proving who the real Satoshi is. Its about telling the world Dorian isnt Satoshi.

Gee.... Take that long for you to get it huh? or do you?
protokol
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:48:07 AM

You missed the point. Its not about proving who the real Satoshi is. Its about telling the world Dorian isnt Satoshi.

No still don't get it.

If a transaction was sent from Satoshi's wallet, with a message like "you've got the wrong guy, keep looking", then couldn't that have been actually sent by Dorian? Therefore we're none the wiser, right?
seriouscoin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:51:01 AM

No still don't get it.

If a transaction was sent from Satoshi's wallet, with a message like "you've got the wrong guy, keep looking", then couldn't that have been actually sent by Dorian? Therefore we're none the wiser, right?

LOL thats why we have geographical proof that its not possible for Dorian to send such txt.

I'm done with you, i'm not patient enough for "gifted" ppl
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:51:19 AM

If Satoshi takes any action it's a monumental statement...

Satoshi didn't make a peep about Gox; if ego, or morality is so powerful that is moves Satoshi then it will be used against him.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:54:27 AM

No still don't get it.

LOL thats why we have geographical proof that its not possible for Dorian to send such txt.

Thats why I stopped I got the impression this guy would not be happy unless Sir satoshi him self opened his wallet in front of him.

kgo

Activity: 548

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:06:07 AM

Doesn't prove anything unless Dorian is held in captivity.  The 'real' satoshi could:

1. Add an expiration date on his key for tomorrow.

2. Use --export-secret-subkeys to generate a private key that doesn't contain a certification key.

3. Send that to a confederate half way across the world.  Have confederate do everything you want: take a picture, etc.

4. Confederate destroys his copy of the private key without publishing it to the key server.  It's worthless after it expires anyway.  The expiration never hits the keyservers.  He can't up the expiration date because he doesn't have the certification key.

5. Real satoshi is the only one who can sign messages after the confederate's key expires.
protokol
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:09:11 AM

No still don't get it.

Thats why I stopped I got the impression this guy would not be happy unless Sir satoshi him self opened his wallet in front of him.

AArgh please seriouscoin, there's no need to be a dick about it. I was responding to RiverBoatBTC, who said all that needed to be done was to send a message from Satoshi's wallet, and that alone would prove that Dorian wasn't the real Satoshi. I responded that no, geographical proof was needed (like you said). RiverBoatBTC never mentioned any geographical proof in any of his posts, just that the sending of the message would be enough.

Even geographical proof could be faked to be honest, It would need to be pretty conclusive to be 100% proof

I'm not trying to piss anyone off here, so easy on the attitude.
BTCLuke (OP)

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:47:14 AM

Doesn't prove anything unless Dorian is held in captivity.  The 'real' satoshi could:

1. Add an expiration date on his key for tomorrow.

2. Use --export-secret-subkeys to generate a private key that doesn't contain a certification key.

3. Send that to a confederate half way across the world.  Have confederate do everything you want: take a picture, etc.

4. Confederate destroys his copy of the private key without publishing it to the key server.  It's worthless after it expires anyway.  The expiration never hits the keyservers.  He can't up the expiration date because he doesn't have the certification key.

5. Real satoshi is the only one who can sign messages after the confederate's key expires.
This is all true, (if not extreme) but I think the plan in the OP would be enough to make the press do an about face... These guys don't seem to care about researching too much.

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:23:40 AM

Dear Satoshi, (The real one)
Here's a way you can protect that poor guy in California without revealing your own identity:
1. Quickly go to some famous landmark far away from Temple city California.
2. Grab today's newspaper once there, and a disposable camera.
3. Write on the newspaper (but not over the date) that Dorian Nakamoto is not you, and you have not revealed your real name.
4. Take a picture with the disposable camera of the newspaper and the landmark together.

4.5 Ask a friend in a remote city to perform steps 1-4 and email you the photo, then

5. Using a net cafe or other safe spot, send the picture to news outlets and us, using your PGP key that confirms you are you.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: