Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:58:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think i bought bitcoin in the early days need help!  (Read 228 times)
ronaldera2 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 03:44:32 PM
Merited by TMAN (10)

Okay guys so I was a teenager at the time i THINK I bought bitcoin I remember playing conquer online and it was around christmas time where I saw there was a discount for bitcoin purchase of dragonballs (I know corny).
my mom tried buying me some and basically we just couldnt figure it out I think my mom tried calling for a refund from whichever company we bought it from and found out it was irreversible. If anyone knows of which company we could of bought from back then would really help! if I find some ill compensate for time!
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 07:13:31 PM

Okay guys so I was a teenager at the time i THINK I bought bitcoin I remember playing conquer online and it was around christmas time where I saw there was a discount for bitcoin purchase of dragonballs (I know corny).
my mom tried buying me some and basically we just couldnt figure it out I think my mom tried calling for a refund from whichever company we bought it from and found out it was irreversible. If anyone knows of which company we could of bought from back then would really help! if I find some ill compensate for time!
It's not enough information to help you. How many years exactly did you bought Bitcoin? Did you wallet installed in your computer? If yes, maybe you had saved wallet.dat file? Maybe try to check files in your computer.
Sorry, I don't know how to help you, but will bump your topic and maybe some other guys will have ideas.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:16:33 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2018, 08:01:38 PM by RodeoX

It all comes down to this. Do you have the private keys? They may be in file called "wallet.dat". Ownership of the private key is ownership of bitcoin. Without it you have no bitcoin.

EDIT: There is also this game site. Could this be it instead of dragon balls?

http://www.dragons.tl/bitcoins.php

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 07:56:56 PM

The only website that I know you purchased a "dragon balls z" before is g2a.com so maybe this is the site you are looking for. Also, don't forget about "steam" they are also selling this game, but the problem right now they're no longer support Bitcoin as a payment method so I don't think you can ask for a refund from them since they no longer support Bitcoin.

Anyway, you can try contacting them and ask for a refund, but make sure that you can provide a proof that you purchased "dragon balls z" like transaction ID.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:13:01 PM

The fact is several companies that have started back in the day, only few of them are still in existence while several of them have equally stop the support for bitcoin because times have changed, their developers have moved on to bigger things while others were frustrated out of business by the long arm of the law.

You need to go to the origin of the transaction because even if you get to know the company, its hard to claim anything if you don't have basic information. If its a web wallet service provider, without the password and username to access its gone forever and if its not, if its in an address, if you don't have the private key, you just don't have access to it. So, start ransacking the likely place information about might be kept in the house as that is your surest way to riches now.
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:37:52 PM

Try to remember everywhere single details even just the keyword of it.

Also, don't forget about "steam" they are also selling this game
I'm also thinking the same and found this one.

https://www.mmoga.co.uk/Steam-Games/Dragonball-Xenoverse-2.html
ronaldera2 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:09:56 PM

Try to remember everywhere single details even just the keyword of it.

Also, don't forget about "steam" they are also selling this game
I'm also thinking the same and found this one.

https://www.mmoga.co.uk/Steam-Games/Dragonball-Xenoverse-2.html

The dragon balls were from a game called conquer online!
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:21:24 PM

The dragon balls were from a game called conquer online!

Still not enough information. If you do not know what kind of wallet you used to purchase bitcoin I doubt that you can do anything about it.
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:05:39 PM

If you purchase an item with bitcoin, it is not irreversible and it was long time ago, and there is no way to refund it. At that time the price of Bitcoin is cheaper, if you will get a refund it will be in a fiat price basis a day not the amount of bitcoin you paid for.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 03:04:53 PM

knows of which company we could of bought from back then would really help!

Dude you are shit out of luck, but I feel bad - so I have dropped 10 merits on you, and ill drop another 10 if you read the rules of the forum, actually read this place to understand Bitcoin and don't join any bounties for a month. if you put some effort into this place, you will in time be able to earn some BTC to get you back a little of what you lost.

you can PM me if you have any questions fella

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:13:55 PM

So basically you are asking for a refund because you want your Bitcoins back for the reason you have seen that the BTC you have paid is now far more valuable compared to the dragon balls you currently have. I don't think refunds works that way, for one the item you have bought is already in your hands for years, last time I check there is a period where you can only return the item/s you have bought with them, secondly you don't have any proof such as official receipts or email invoices which shows that you have really bought the item from them. I am afraid that you need to accept the fact that your BTC is good as gone.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████