Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:30:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using ASIC MINER for MONERO  (Read 470 times)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:52:01 AM

It is a known thing this one, that Bitmain only cares about their finances and that is why I like developers like the ones who have developed Monero, they care about decentralisation while Bitmain doesn't and that is a fact.

I think Bitmain has quit going after Monero after they changed their algorithm once, they can do again , so I doubt Bitmain will have time to lose chasing the new cryptonight algorithm.
They definitely won't be going after XMR again. XMR's changed their algo already, people have seen it, and there's not going to be a lot of people willing to take the risk of trying to mine XMR with ASICs again when the response will probably just be another algorithm change to flush out the ASICs on the network. Bitmain's likely going for other algorithms now or improving on current miner designs to increase efficiency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 10:27:49 AM

It is a known thing this one, that Bitmain only cares about their finances and that is why I like developers like the ones who have developed Monero, they care about decentralisation while Bitmain doesn't and that is a fact.

I think Bitmain has quit going after Monero after they changed their algorithm once, they can do again , so I doubt Bitmain will have time to lose chasing the new cryptonight algorithm.
They definitely won't be going after XMR again. XMR's changed their algo already, people have seen it, and there's not going to be a lot of people willing to take the risk of trying to mine XMR with ASICs again when the response will probably just be another algorithm change to flush out the ASICs on the network. Bitmain's likely going for other algorithms now or improving on current miner designs to increase efficiency.

Indeed. Just to be clear, XMR forked once already, bricking the asics mentioned in this thread (or forcing them to mine ETN, which initially forked with XMR, then reverted), and is due to fork again in 8 days time.

So XMR is somewhat of a moving target, which will put off a lot of asic folks, hopefully permanently. All power to em, frankly.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
bogdy23 (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:18:24 AM

Are 51% of miners, mining XMR are now using cryptonight v7 which fuck`s up your ASIC mining capabilities? Isn`t true just like with Ethereum classic and ethereum when that dude got 11 million out of an algorithm breach in ethereum classic. And thus forced the creation of the ethereum we know today?

That it is not possible to create a new algorithm by the creators of the coin? People created a new coin not moved updated an algorithm. How did they get everyone to move to a different algorithm did they make it more profitable? Cryptonight V7 gives you more coins than Version 6 and we the little people combined have much more computing power than JP Morgan and Soros which are trying to take over this new asset?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: