Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:02:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum/Altcoins Be Valuable Or Relevant without Bitcoin?  (Read 555 times)
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:15:07 PM

Today bitcoin is the trademark of each crypto up-to-dateness. If they chatter any crypto-currencies, it's entails any bitcoin. The repute of bitcoin is detectable these existences. But as championing unlisted layout, it non-standard in to me that they furthermore can corner payment without bitcoin.
Teriyanone

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:42:18 AM

Nothing wont valuable or relevant without Bitcoin not even Ethereum because we all know Bitcoin was the first to start this crypto currency game in the world by introducing the frst virtual currency and the name decentralized was introduced to the world with Bitcoin so after its success many tried to followed the same path and that is why we see huge amount of digital currencies in the world with different names and features but all of them started with Bitcoin 
PurpleNights

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:54:03 AM

I haven't actually imagined the cryptocurrency world without Bitcoin, and I do not think that it would ever come a time when Bitcoin would seize to exist, but if that ever gets to happen, I think that these altcoins would still find a way to survive regardless. They might suffer and struggle for sometime, but after then, they would bounce back up and stand on their own.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:22:00 PM

From my opinion, alt coins can survive without bitcoin. Maybe any other coin will take place of bitcoin. But i think cryptocurrency will lose people’s trust if bitcoin falls.
Oh yeah they'll survive but how long they will survive after bitcoin had gone? As a matter of fact, eventually they'll die since investors had loss their trust to crypto currency. Whether we like it or not, investors always rely on bitcoin preposition in the market while altcoins are being judge by its true purpose. Nothing more, nothing less.

Disclaimer: Nothing can replace bitcoin. ( *face palm )

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Uzzalroy

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 09:16:48 PM

They will be affected badly if something bad happens to bitcoins. Even though ETH or any other coins are popular, these coins rely on BTC. If the prices go up, these coins are used to be exchanged with BTC. If the price f BTC goes down, these coins bleed too.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:15:38 AM

I happen to be in a group that has to be with Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general. There was an argument recently, for and against, about the fact that non-existence (if possible) of Bitcoin would render or make Ethereum (and other altcoins) useless.
The stronger argument which is for Bitcoin had it that if it happens that there was no Bitcoin again, other coins/tokens would also stop having values. They might justify this because bearish trend in Bitcoin affects almost all other, and for other related reasons.

In my own knowing, I knew that Bitcoin came on the scene the first, and that the idea of it inspired Ethereum second, which gave platform for many Ethereum-based tokens, and there are also other platform-based tokens also like Wave, Stellar, etc
Could all of these starting from Ethereum still exit or useful if Bitcoin wouldn't be any more?
The answer to me is in affirmative, but can anyone lecture on why not?
Insightful answers please.
It is very sad if Ethereum has decreased the price and it must continue to develop.
Bitcoin should not drop its price because the effects of Bitcoin all have decreased in price.
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

Bitcoin is the father of other coin which means is the base for all other coin if bitcoin have problem it woll surely affect other altcoin.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 06:56:45 AM

I happen to be in a group that has to be with Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general. There was an argument recently, for and against, about the fact that non-existence (if possible) of Bitcoin would render or make Ethereum (and other altcoins) useless.
The stronger argument which is for Bitcoin had it that if it happens that there was no Bitcoin again, other coins/tokens would also stop having values. They might justify this because bearish trend in Bitcoin affects almost all other, and for other related reasons.

In my own knowing, I knew that Bitcoin came on the scene the first, and that the idea of it inspired Ethereum second, which gave platform for many Ethereum-based tokens, and there are also other platform-based tokens also like Wave, Stellar, etc
Could all of these starting from Ethereum still exit or useful if Bitcoin wouldn't be any more?
The answer to me is in affirmative, but can anyone lecture on why not?
Insightful answers please.

I absolutely doubt that, indeed the altcoin market value until today is still highly affected by bitcoin price, but that does not mean these altcoins has no independence of their market value. As we know like other commodity or stock the value of crypto is determined  by how their project/product developed, adopted and utilized in mainstream and crypto business. As far as I know each altcoin like Ethereum, Stellar, Ripple and etc has their own independence project/product that do not have any connection and not depend on bitcoin, so if Bitcoin gone it might still affect the market value of altcoins but it won't make them completely lost their relevant or market value.

RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:58:17 AM

There is sidechain of bitcoin from blockstream announced and smart-contracts on bitcoin from RSK are near, so it's big question about alts value.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:06:00 AM

I think ethereum and altcoins can stand on there own and remain relevant in the market without bitcoin!  Though most of the depend on bitcoin but that do not mean there cannot stand on there own. Remember that there time that ethereum do get pump on it own without the help of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: